DJI Mini 3 Pro Crashed - Care Refresh Plan (U.S. Military abroad)
984 12 2023-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tink Tink
lvl.1
Flight distance : 169633 ft
Germany

So I just purchased my DJI Mini 3 Pro a couple days ago, flew it a few times, purchased the care plan last night, then the arm broke on it this morning.

I am U.S. military living in Germany. So when purchasing the care plan, I purchased on the US site because the German site is strictly in German and I could not read it.  When I went to fill out the form to initiate service/replacement, it would not take my APO zip code.  I contacted support and they said they do not ship to APO addresses (even though 'Armed Forces Europe' literally appears on the drop down on the form for shipping address).  But they did offer to transfer my care plan over to Germany, but said it could take 1 to 2 business days to complete the transfer. I am glad to hear that this is possible, but I am so bummed that I have to wait.  

I just wanted to see if anyone else experienced this issue and also anyone needing service in Germany - how fast was it?  What was your experience?  I am looking forward to getting it fixed or replaced. I just hope it doesn't take weeks.

Side note: If you are U.S. Military or otherwise living abroad, be mindful of this. I can always use my stateside home address for shipping. But not everyone has that as an option. I will keep this post updated for others who have similar issues. I anticipate they will be able to switch the coverage country.  But if not, I imagine I would have to use my US address.
2023-4-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. Sorry for the long wait. I've pulled up your Forum account and look out for your case/ticker number. I will coordinate and notify the team designated to further assist regarding the matter. Anticipating your patience and understanding.
2023-4-17
Use props
Tink Tink
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 4-17 07:48
Hi there. Sorry for the long wait. I've pulled up your Forum account and look out for your case/ticker number. I will coordinate and notify the team designated to further assist regarding the matter. Anticipating your patience and understanding.

Hi DJI Diana,

The Care Refresh plan was successfully transferred to Germany. I was able to open a replacement/repair case and make the payment. I am just waiting on the shipping label to arrive via email.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide. I appreciate you!
2023-4-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Tink Tink Posted at 4-17 08:02
Hi DJI Diana,

The Care Refresh plan was successfully transferred to Germany. I was able to open a replacement/repair case and make the payment. I am just waiting on the shipping label to arrive via email.

Thanks for your confirmation. I will coordinate the shipping label with the team. Please check your email from time to time within the day. Thanks again for being patient.
2023-4-17
Use props
Tink Tink
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 4-17 08:04
Thanks for your confirmation. I will coordinate the shipping label with the team. Please check your email from time to time within the day. Thanks again for being patient.

Thanks! I just received the email and I am printing it now so I can  take  it to the DHL counter at Rewe before they close.  I’ll continue to keep this thread updated.
2023-4-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Tink Tink Posted at 4-17 08:21
Thanks! I just received the email and I am printing it now so I can  take  it to the DHL counter at Rewe before they close.  I’ll continue to keep this thread updated.

You're most welcome. Feel free to reach out at any time for any inquiries you might have. Also, keep an eye out for any important notifications to your email. Also, you may check the progress of your case here. Hope this helps. Thank you.
2023-4-17
Use props
Tink Tink
lvl.1
Germany

I received a brand new Mini 3 Pro today via DHL Express before noon today. Wow! It took less than 48 hours from me initiating a repair/refresh case to receiving a new drone. DJI has already acknowledged receipt of the original drone I sent them as well. I am truly impressed with the Care Refresh service!  Kudos to DJI!
Cheers!
FE1416D2-EECD-478C-8733-79DE02F1F052.jpeg
2023-4-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Tink Tink Posted at 4-19 02:52
I received a brand new Mini 3 Pro today via DHL Express before noon today. Wow! It took less than 48 hours from me initiating a repair/refresh case to receiving a new drone. DJI has already acknowledged receipt of the original drone I sent them as well. I am truly impressed with the Care Refresh service!  Kudos to DJI!
Cheers!

Hi, there. We highly appreciated your time sharing your experience with our service. Rest assured that we keep striving to provide even better service in the future. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any DJI-related concerns. We're happy to help. Thank you for your support. Happy flying!
2023-4-19
Use props
Cruzer427
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Tink Tink,

Awesome to see you were able to have a great resolution to your situation and I am very impressed with DJI for their great support to you.

I unfortunately am finding myself in the same situation. I am active duty military stationed in the UK and purchased a DJI Mavic 3 Pro for educational purposes using an educational funds that can only be used for purchases in the US. Unfortunately I crashed the done into a branch because the controller was in sport mode and I didn't realize it which deactivated the obstacle avoidance features. Such a bummer to crash a truly amazing drone for such a little oversight.

I submitted a request to have my DJI Refresh changed to the UK since I cannot ship APO. I really hope I can get a similar response as you since I don't really have a good option for someone who can help me out in the states.

Hope you're still enjoying the drone and thanks again for sharing.
2023-6-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Cruzer427 Posted at 6-28 12:57
Tink Tink,

Awesome to see you were able to have a great resolution to your situation and I am very impressed with DJI for their great support to you.

Hi. Thank you for reaching out. I was able to locate your ticket number by using your Forum account. I will coordinate this with our relevant team for further assistance. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-6-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Cruzer427 Posted at 6-28 12:57
Tink Tink,

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience, I had sent you a PM to clarify your case, please check it out. Thank you.
2023-6-29
Use props
Cruzer427
lvl.1

United States

Unfortunately I didn't get the same great response as the OP. I was told that because I purchased the drone and the refresh care in the US, that it cannot be transferred to the UK. I would be interested to hear from the OP if the drone was purchased in the US or Germany.
2023-6-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Cruzer427 Posted at 6-29 05:32
Unfortunately I didn't get the same great response as the OP. I was told that because I purchased the drone and the refresh care in the US, that it cannot be transferred to the UK. I would be interested to hear from the OP if the drone was purchased in the US or Germany.

Thank you for the information. I apologize for the inconvenience. I'll continue to communicate this to our relevant team for further assistance. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules