DJI Go 4 suggested phones/tables to use together with
1218 15 2023-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cliffhanger
lvl.1
Sweden

Since DJI Go 4 is not supported by newer phones, im in the process of getting some type of dedicated device for the Mavic 2 Pro.

Does anyone have any suggestions of good phones to use together with my DJI Mavic 2 Pro, or perhaps anyone who have experiance with the larger controller with screen. Is this a good fit, and is it still available somewhere to buy?

2023-4-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have used a Samsung S5 and S6, if your preference is Apple I recollect using a 5S but its screen is small.
It appears I have also used a Nexus 7 tablet but I can't remember how well if worked.
I add the 'phone ' type' to the name of my flight logs.
2023-4-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check out this link as it is very helpful with compatible phones and tablets.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go.18
2023-4-17
Use props
ArcticPhoto
lvl.4
Norway

I use and have used Samsung S7 phones, Huawei P30 phones and Huawei M3 tablet on Mavic 2 Pro.
All works perfect, and Huawei phones and M-series tablets are known to be very stable and reliable for Go4.
2023-4-17
Use props
Cliffhanger
lvl.1
Sweden

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-17 03:01
Check out this link as it is very helpful with compatible phones and tablets.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go.18

Great link, thanks!
2023-4-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI not supported just means DJI haven't tested.
They rarely test new phones, but many/most of them work just fine.
Some even better than the ones on DJI's very short list.
2023-4-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have an older Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 with 8 inch screen, which works fine in developer mode with my Mavic2Zoom, and I also use a Samsung Galaxy S9 phone with it, without problem.  My older S7 also works fine with it.
2023-4-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're welcome.  Hope it helps.  Have a great day.
2023-4-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You may refer to the link below to check the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Go 4 app for your Mavic 2 Pro. If your mobile device is not on the list, please provide us with the exact model so we can check on our end. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2023-4-17
Use props
Cliffhanger
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-17 20:31
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You may refer to the link below to check the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Go 4 app for your Mavic 2 Pro. If your mobile device is not on the list, please provide us with the exact model so we can check on our end. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

Hi, Huawei P40 Pro for example is a spare phone I have. Could you check if that would work?
2023-4-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Cliffhanger Posted at 4-17 23:27
Hi, Huawei P40 Pro for example is a spare phone I have. Could you check if that would work?

It is found that your mobile device Huawei P40 Pro, and compatibility tests are required to be carried out. As there are many models that need to be tested currently, it cannot be resolved in the short term. We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused. If you have an urgent mission, we recommend you prepare a spare mobile device to carry out the mission, instead of using this device to avoid the mission cannot be carried out due to compatibility issues. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2023-4-18
Use props
ArcticPhoto
lvl.4
Norway

Cliffhanger Posted at 4-17 23:27

The Huawei P40 does not have any google software installed, so it is an interesting question.
Many apps rely on Google services to run properly, but I do not know if Go4 does that.
I suggest you install Go4 on the P40 Pro and see if it works properly, it would be interesting to know, because it is one of the best phones.
2023-4-18
Use props
UKMoose
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Hi
I've been using a huawei mediapad m3 lite 8 for 3 years with 0 problems, of course you would need a tablet mount,
2023-4-18
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

Is it me? or has the Dji compatibility lists shrunk tremendously over the last couple of years. I don't really mind as, at the last count, I have 5 devices that I can fly my drones with. Oh wait a minute, make that 6. I forgot about the SC. Good to have spares, just in case.
2023-4-19
Use props
Tony Thelning
New

Maldives

I have used the Samsung Galaxy S10 for over 2 years now without any problems. Am on V10 but have not upgraded to risk any problems. Has anyone tried the new V13 sucessfully which is now available.
2023-4-24
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Maldives

Tony Thelning Posted at 4-24 19:23
I have used the Samsung Galaxy S10 for over 2 years now without any problems. Am on V10 but have not upgraded to risk any problems. Has anyone tried the new V13 sucessfully which is now available.

Strange. How did this happened that my name shows up instead of my avatar kyalami? I did not know that i had an avatar with my name for me.
2023-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules