RC Firmware Update failing due to lack of space
2025 11 2023-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisVarnerNC
New
United States

Hello All-

I am trying to update my Mavic 3 firmware but it keeps failing because of insufficent space. I have cleared the cache on the controller and formated the internal storage on the aircraft. The "Storage" tab under "Settings" is showing that I have used 28.98 of 32 GB. The only two items taking up significant space on the controller are "Other Apps" (15GB) and "System" (12GB). Are there any items in these two areas I can safely get rid of? I havent added any apps, etc. to the system since I got it. Seems odd that that much space would be taken up right out of the box.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Chris
2023-4-17
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

I had the same problem updating my RC (not pro),  deleted all my flightlogs on the internal memory.
After that updating no problem.

So mayby that helps for you.

All my logs are stored on my PC, so no need for me to keep them in the RC.

cheers
JJB
2023-4-17
Use props
ChrisVarnerNC
New
United States

JJB* Posted at 4-17 11:17
Hi,

I had the same problem updating my RC (not pro),  deleted all my flightlogs on the internal memory.

Thanks. That cleared a little space, but not enough to accommodate the firmware update.
2023-4-17
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thats crazy!  Did you do a bunch of screen recordings or something hanging out in the media folders?
2023-4-17
Use props
ChrisVarnerNC
New
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 4-17 11:31
Thats crazy!  Did you do a bunch of screen recordings or something hanging out in the media folders?

I have emptied all of my folders, cleared all caches. Nothing in the Gallery or any other extraneous media that I can find. Is there a "Trash" folder I have to empty somewhere?
2023-4-17
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

not that I know of.  how about using assistant 2 to refresh it?
2023-4-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. We will coordinate this with our designated team for attention. We will keep you posted as soon as we have the needed information. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-4-17
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

ChrisVarnerNC Posted at 4-17 11:25
Thanks. That cleared a little space, but not enough to accommodate the firmware update.

oke, really strange that your RC pro and min RC had so little free space to simply accomodate a firmware update.  

I had only about 25 flights in the RC  = no firmware update. DJI should make the next RC`s with more internal memory for sure.

cheers
JJB
2023-4-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for patiently waiting. As mentioned above, please try to clean more storage on the RC as the firmware for the aircraft needs enough storage if you used the RC method on updating the firmware. Additionally, you can update the firmware of your Aircraft and DJI RC Pro using the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer. You may download the software using the link below. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued understanding and support.
2023-4-18
Use props
ProfEngineer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83209 ft
United States

I am having same problem. have deleted everything and still get message that I need 300MG more to complete download.
2023-9-18
Use props
djiuser_YHOBTuOXk2K3
New
Flight distance : 682539 ft
Italy

ChrisVarnerNC Posted at 2023-4-17 11:36
I have emptied all of my folders, cleared all caches. Nothing in the Gallery or any other extraneous media that I can find. Is there a "Trash" folder I have to empty somewhere?

I did a factory reset on my DJI RC of Mini 3 Pro. It's the only way I managed to update it.
2-4 00:46
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_YHOBTuOXk2K3 Posted at 2-4 00:46
I did a factory reset on my DJI RC of Mini 3 Pro. It's the only way I managed to update it.

Hi there. Yes, this is suggested to Reset DJI RC on the “Reset options” page. But before doing this, we recommend that the user connect DJI RC to a network and synchronize flight records to avoid loss. Have a nice day.
2-4 22:09
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules