Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fly to GPS point and hover; RTH with downward sensors deactivated
575 4 2023-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Podeitor
lvl.1

Mexico

I use a Matrice 300 with a tree pruner attachment hangning below it, with the downward sensors deactivated (see photo). I would like to take off, climb manually until the desired altitude, and then  have the drone fly automatically to a GPS point (a specific tree in the forest) and hover there, where I can resume manual control and collect my tree sample. Once collected, I'd like to return to the flight altitude and have the drone return to home but remain hovering at altitude, so that I can resume manual control and land manually (because the downward sensors are deactivated, and landing the pruner requires care). I'd appreciate suggestions.

Thanks!

Matrice 300 with pruner attachment

Matrice 300 with pruner attachment
2023-4-17
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

I do exactly the same thing either by planning with UGCS or directly with the waypoint function of DJI Pilot2.  It depends on the number of trees I have to do during the day.
2023-4-17
Use props
Podeitor
lvl.1

Mexico

Thanks! What I did today was in Pilot 2 to create a mission with two waypoints, a start point at the takeoff area and a waypoint over my tree. I configured it to fly to the waypoint and once over the tree end the mission, where it remained hovering over the tree. There I could lower the drone to collect the branch samples. I usually work in places without internet or cell service, but it might even be possible to locate individual trees on the map. This should work great out in the forest!
2023-4-18
Use props
Podeitor
lvl.1

Mexico

Here's another question-- The drone wants to carry out the whole mission, from turning itself on, taking off, etc. But the collecting arm I use is so long that it requires manual finesse to manage the upward and forward thrust to maintain the drone level until it gets the arm off the ground. Is it possible to combine manual control during a mission?
2023-4-20
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Reduce the speed should be enough.
2023-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules