Castlecraig, Cromarty Firth, Scotland
178 12 2023-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Albion Drones
First Officer
Flight distance : 2605597 ft
United Kingdom

A short detour on our way north during our recent North Coast trip afforded the chance for a flight at the ruined Castlecraig, and given the glorious weather and snow lingering on the mountains - along with the Cromarty being fairly flat, well had to give it a go! This was the second stop of 4 on our trip north to spend Easter with friends, and as we are away to Drumnadrochit next week for a week I need to get them all processed and uploaded this week to clear my desk for hopefully lots more editing when we return...

2023-5-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice to see!
2023-5-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lovely views of the old Castle.    Bit of a shame to see it in such a state of dilapidation.  

You've really been busy pumping out videos.
2023-5-16
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-16 12:42
Lovely views of the old Castle.    Bit of a shame to see it in such a state of dilapidation.  

You've really been busy pumping out videos.

Thanks... Well, the only downside to lots of flying is lots of editing, tbh I enjoy the editing, ubt it is time consuming... The Cromarty and Tongiue ones were taken at Easter, but when I uploaded they were saved as drafts rather than posted, I only noticed yesterday, hence the sudden mass posting of a fair few videos..

I need to get the footage all done and cleared so I have room for the next trip in June, to Orkney, with an overnighter on the way up in Tongue - I have a feeling going to be another huge set of footage to edit from that trip - perhaps I shall post that at a slower rate though as the next trip after that isnt until October...
2023-5-16
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

What a sweet one. Went right on my list. Can you get there or only fly?
2023-5-16
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 5-16 21:26
What a sweet one. Went right on my list. Can you get there or only fly?

There ia a path that takes you down the hill to the castle, about 3/4 of a mile, but the castle itself is in disrepair, so I wouldnt advise entering... Bit difficult to reach, but about 20 mins driving from Inverness, and a couple of car parking spaces... We didnt walk down only due to time, I had 4 locations to fly and we were on our way to stay with friends in Tongue, so I didnt want to be late arriving....
2023-5-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely views. Interesting ruins beside the water.
2023-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Niely captured.  
2023-5-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 5-16 20:29
Thanks... Well, the only downside to lots of flying is lots of editing, tbh I enjoy the editing, ubt it is time consuming... The Cromarty and Tongiue ones were taken at Easter, but when I uploaded they were saved as drafts rather than posted, I only noticed yesterday, hence the sudden mass posting of a fair few videos..

I need to get the footage all done and cleared so I have room for the next trip in June, to Orkney, with an overnighter on the way up in Tongue - I have a feeling going to be another huge set of footage to edit from that trip - perhaps I shall post that at a slower rate though as the next trip after that isnt until October...

You're very welcome.  It's nice that you are able to document so much of Scotland during your trips.  Keep up the fantastic work.  
2023-5-17
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Albion Drones Posted at 5-16 22:13
There ia a path that takes you down the hill to the castle, about 3/4 of a mile, but the castle itself is in disrepair, so I wouldnt advise entering... Bit difficult to reach, but about 20 mins driving from Inverness, and a couple of car parking spaces... We didnt walk down only due to time, I had 4 locations to fly and we were on our way to stay with friends in Tongue, so I didnt want to be late arriving....

Thanks. So accessible in case of crash ;-)
2023-5-17
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 5-17 03:17
Thanks. So accessible in case of crash ;-)

Definitely, but a fair walk down and back..
2023-5-17
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 15567024 ft
United Kingdom

Some lovely scenery in Scotland
2023-8-13
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer