Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire versions; how are they different?
2890 12 2015-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can anyone tell me what the difference(s) are between an Inspuire version B and version D?  Would I bebetter off with version D than B or knowing DJI, perhaps B is better than D?  

From reading here i think that version D is the latest Inspire out there.  I bought one and the vendor claims not to know how to tell the difference.  A little reading on the forums and Faacebook tells me the verison letter is on the side of the box, and that mine is a version B.  The vendor has offeered to send me a return label and refund my money so I can buy a version D.  However, this one flies really well so far and i am considering keeping it unless the newer version has better motors/props/something.  I think version D has the QR props and is called the T610 instead of the T600.

Any input is appreciated.
2015-8-23
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

As far as I know the D is the latest inspire and includes the QR props and has a minor change to the landing gear mechanism that moves to a single metal bracket part to take the load of the gear moving.

Anyone with an A-C can receive a QR prop kit for free though; so at least that difference is mooted out by DJI's customer service.

Not sure there is any real reason to make sure you own a D over any other models; doesn't seem to be any difference in flight controller / electronics / etc.
2015-8-23
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks, SimplePanda.  I wonder how different the landing gear thing is.  I'm a little superstitious with DJI; this bird flies well so far and maybe i'm better off to keep it instead of a new rig that could have faults.  
Here are some shots from Argentina looking across the Paraña River into Paraguay shot from my Inspire this week.  

Paraguay 1

Paraguay 1

Paraguay 2

Paraguay 2
2015-8-23
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Anyone else know about version D changes?
2015-8-24
Use props
Farnk666
First Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Search the forum, this has been covered before many times.
2015-8-24
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

The changes are all pretty small with the different versions.

Traditional CF tubes to Camo style CF tubes (reported to be equally strong)
Motors with two holes on top to motors with four holes on top (reported to be just different batches)
Spin on props to spin on props with prop locks to quick release props (some guys prefer the older spin on with locks some prefer the quick release)
Four link LG mechanism to two link LG mechanism (reported to be a mechanism simplified for ease of operation/manufacturing)
2015-8-24
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks DJI-Dave
2015-8-24
Use props
jaysmith1112
New

United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-8-24 12:01
The changes are all pretty small with the different versions.

Traditional CF tubes to Camo style CF ...

Is there a possibility of ordering the new two link mechanism, and replacing the 4 link?
2015-10-22
Use props
njabinc
lvl.2

United States

jaysmith1112 Posted at 2015-10-22 13:06
Is there a possibility of ordering the new two link mechanism, and replacing the 4 link?

The two link is a manufacturing cost saving redesign. You're B version's four link design is actually stronger and less likely to become damaged from a rough landing. I also own a B and would love to have found an A version as the carbon fiber change was also a manufacturing cost savings change as the A versions tubes are absolutely stronger. That fact is easily researched as if you try to source the raw materials and request actual documentation on the strength of either version you'll find the camo version is slightly lighter but also weaker and has a lower yield rating. However also a moot point given any crash capable of damaging a tube would damage either version.
2015-10-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

jaysmith1112 Posted at 2015-10-22 10:06

Not that I am aware of.
2015-10-23
Use props
Capt_M
lvl.2

United States

njabinc Posted at 2015-10-22 14:21
The two link is a manufacturing cost saving redesign. You're B version's four link design is actua ...

I can second that, I saw a 2 link bent from a crash, as it has single point where 2 links connect to, as opposed to earlier 4 link,

Camo CF is a joke..
image.jpeg
2015-10-26
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

There is evidence that as well plane as also RC designs exist in many different variants. Anyone knows what difference is with RC GL 658 A / B / C ? All three exist and all three have different FCC numbers.
2015-10-27
Use props
dv613
lvl.2

United States

Ceremonial Flag being unveiled at a toy run bike rally for abused children. Shot with X3 no post just clips
2015-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules