Terrible color issues using raw footage. Magenta Color
1079 6 2023-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd9baafb8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 956535 ft
United States

Is there anyone having any issues with the Mavic 3 Cine Color? I'm shooting in good light but having problems once I bring the files into FCPx. The color is abysmal. I mean magenta shifts and all kinds of craziness going on. Is there a fix? Please let me know.
2023-4-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please post some examples here so we can check it? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-4-18
Use props
fansd9baafb8
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-18 21:14
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please post some examples here so we can check it? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2023-4-19
Use props
DemolitionMan14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

They market Hasselblad’s color science as something that’s legendary, but really pooped the bed on this drone.  I get green color cast in overcast days.  Never had any color cast issue with the M2P.  
2023-4-20
Use props
fansd9baafb8
lvl.2
United States

DemolitionMan14 Posted at 4-20 04:45
They market Hasselblad’s color science as something that’s legendary, but really pooped the bed on this drone.  I get green color cast in overcast days.  Never had any color cast issue with the M2P.

Yeah the M2P was the bom, I have it as a backup but when the M3 hits it hits hard. The color is great, the resolution is incredible. I'm thinking of turning off the Lut for viewing when shooting raw. Maybe that's the issue. Anyway, Something has to change, this is unacceptable.
2023-4-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your response. As you had mentioned, you did experience the said issue when you import the files on Final Cut Pro X. Could you please confirm if this color issue appears on the Original file that was saved on the SD card? Please let us know. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-4-20
Use props
fansd9baafb8
lvl.2
United States

Hi Paladin, the issue is happening while shooting. When I switch from still shooting to video I sometimes have to switch back again and then again back to video because the monitor is clearly showing me a shift. This doesn’t happen all the time but at least once a shoot. I’m flying at least once a week commercially. So as you can imagine this is problematic. It’s almost as if the lut that’s applied to the RC monitor is having issues and somehow transferring over to the raw video data. Which doesn’t make sense but I’m going to try without the lut and see if that helps. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
2023-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules