refocus issue at 4K/60fps with OM5/Mimo/iphone 14 pro max
1820 12 2023-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kremer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220787 ft
United States

Hi all.  I have had my OM5 since its launch and it has worked well for me.  I recently upgraded to an iphone 14 pro max and have recorded hours of footage at 4K/30fps through the Mimo app with no problems.  This weekend I tried bumping to 60fps.  While panning the screen would go blurry as some sort of focus/refocus type thing was happening, there was no near/far subject transition and I was not attempting to adjust zoom.  I was following horses back and forth at my kid's riding competition.  After a couple clips I went back to 30fps and it did not happen again for the rest of the weekend.  I tried 4k/60 in the phone's naive app and it did not do this.

2023-4-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Kremer. Thanks for notifying us about this concern. We are sorry you experienced such concerns. Kindly post a short video showing the issue for further checking. We will be waiting for your update. Thank you.
2023-4-18
Use props
Kremer
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-18 21:26
Hi, Kremer. Thanks for notifying us about this concern. We are sorry you experienced such concerns. Kindly post a short video showing the issue for further checking. We will be waiting for your update. Thank you.

Thank you for the reply.  The video I made is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nboYulh0Mzk

The most prominent demonstrations occur at these timestamps:
8:40
9:47
10:25 – 10:11
11:42
12:50 -13:00

It was somewhere after those I abandoned 60fps and went back to 30 in Mimo.  All other settings remained the same.  I had HDR enabled the entire time.
2023-4-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Kremer Posted at 4-19 03:51

Thanks for sharing the video. It has been forwarded to the designated team for feedback. Thank you.
2023-4-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Kremer Posted at 4-19 03:51

Hi there. To further check, we need to collect the app log and the exact time when the issue occurred. To generate the log, please open the DJI Mimo app, go to “Profile,” tap the Settings icon, select “DJI Support,” “Log Upload,” and enter the log upload interface. Then input the related information and tap “Submit.” “Uploading Log” will be shown in the app and the QR code will be generated after upload. Please upload the screenshot of the QR code on this link. Thank you.
2023-4-22
Use props
Kremer
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-22 01:07
Hi there. To further check, we need to collect the app log and the exact time when the issue occurred. To generate the log, please open the DJI Mimo app, go to “Profile,” tap the Settings icon, select “DJI Support,” “Log Upload,” and enter the log upload interface. Then input the related information and tap “Submit.” “Uploading Log” will be shown in the app and the QR code will be generated after upload. Please upload the screenshot of the QR code on this link. Thank you.
Completed and attached.
IMG_5919.jpeg
2023-4-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Kremer Posted at 4-22 01:16
Completed and attached.

Thank you, Kremer. Can you also confirm the time and date when it occurred to locate the logs? Thank you.
2023-4-22
Use props
Kremer
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-22 21:18
Thank you, Kremer. Can you also confirm the time and date when it occurred to locate the logs? Thank you.

4/15 in the 10am-12pm timeframe.
2023-4-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Kremer Posted at 4-22 23:10

Thanks for the confirmation. It has been forwarded for analysis. We'll keep you posted.
2023-4-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Kremer Posted at 4-22 23:10

Hi there. Please note that our engineers need more details for the analysis. Kindly confirm the following:
1. iOS version;
2. DJI Mimo app version;
3. Try using a third-party app and utilize the 4K 60FPS function. Check whether the same issue is observed.
We will be waiting for your update. Thank you.
2023-4-24
Use props
Kremer
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-24 21:07
Hi there. Please note that our engineers need more details for the analysis. Kindly confirm the following:
1. iOS version;
2. DJI Mimo app version;

1. iOS 16.4.1
2. 1.8.16
3. As mentioned I tested using the phone native video app at 4k/60 and did not experience the issue.  as you asking me to try something else?
2023-4-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Kremer Posted at 4-25 03:20
1. iOS 16.4.1
2. 1.8.16
3. As mentioned I tested using the phone native video app at 4k/60 and did not experience the issue.  as you asking me to try something else?

Thanks for the details. We'll have them forwarded. We'll let you know if we need more data to proceed. Thank you.
2023-4-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Kremer Posted at 4-25 03:20
1. iOS 16.4.1
2. 1.8.16

Hi there. We just received an update from our engineers. Upon further analysis, this has been determined a normal phenomenon when using 4K 60pfs HDR. Because of the large amount of image data, this issue will occur, and in the same situation, the system camera should theoretically behave similarly. Moreover, due to the camera's auto zoom not keeping up with fast-moving objects, the camera refocusing will cause blurs. Your understanding is highly appreciated. Thank you.
2023-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules