DJI Go 4 app 1 frame per 10 seconds since removed from Google
1625 9 2023-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OllieM2P-Aus
lvl.2
Australia

Hi guys, since the DJI go 4 app was removed from google and we have been having to get the latest versions from the DJI website, my Mavic 2 Pro is now unusable. Whenever I go to fly, I only get 1 frame of footage per 10 seconds. I have tried using a new phone and still the same problem (pixel 5 and pixel 7).
I can't use my drone at all if the footage is only 0.1 fps.
If I can't work out a solution I will have to request that DJI give me a refund for my $3k paperweight.
2023-4-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. It shows that your mobile devices are not listed on our recommended list for the DJI Go 4 app. However, this does not mean that these devices will not work, maybe there are some functionality errors but we will assist you with troubleshooting after learning the details. Can you please provide us with a short video showing the issue or a screen recording so we can check it here on our end? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-4-18
Use props
OllieM2P-Aus
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-18 19:03
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. It shows that your mobile devices are not listed on our recommended list for the DJI Go 4 app. However, this does not mean that these devices will not work, maybe there are some functionality errors but we will assist you with troubleshooting after learning the details. Can you please provide us with a short video showing the issue or a screen recording so we can check it here on our end? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Yeah it's a real shame that you're not supporting google phones. Perhaps as retaliation for them removing your app from their store? Either way, pixel phones are a major brand so it's crazy for you guys to not support them.

As for your request for a video, I will get around to it but in the mean time use your imagination. Imagine watching a movie but only seeing one frame per ten seconds and see if that is even remotely functional for you.
2023-4-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried a different SD card or used internal storage to rule out the card?
2023-4-18
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Ollie, why not just use an old compatible phone (or tablet) for flying and keep your good pixel for calls, emails etc etc. Then you will never be interrupted on your device whilst flying. An advantage I think.
2023-4-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

OllieM2P-Aus Posted at 4-18 21:11
Yeah it's a real shame that you're not supporting google phones. Perhaps as retaliation for them removing your app from their store? Either way, pixel phones are a major brand so it's crazy for you guys to not support them.

As for your request for a video, I will get around to it but in the mean time use your imagination. Imagine watching a movie but only seeing one frame per ten seconds and see if that is even remotely functional for you.

Thank you for your response. We totally understand your frustration but there is a couple of Google Pixel phones that are supported and others are currently in the testing process. Regarding the inquiry, we may need the video showing the issue so we can check and provide you with an accurate resolution. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-4-19
Use props
OllieM2P-Aus
lvl.2
Australia

I just troubleshooted by formatting the SD card. Then I tested the drone with my girlfriend's iphone and the display worked normally. I tried again on my pixel 7 and the display showed one frame per 22 seconds.

This is unacceptable. You must support all average and new android phones including pixels. You can't require that a smart phone be used for the display and then not support mainstream smartphones. This is horrible business ethics. I will never buy DJI ever again.
2023-5-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

OllieM2P-Aus Posted at 5-2 18:00
I just troubleshooted by formatting the SD card. Then I tested the drone with my girlfriend's iphone and the display worked normally. I tried again on my pixel 7 and the display showed one frame per 22 seconds.

This is unacceptable. You must support all average and new android phones including pixels. You can't require that a smart phone be used for the display and then not support mainstream smartphones. This is horrible business ethics. I will never buy DJI ever again.

It is not a deliberate action on DJI's part to NOT support a certain make or model of phone, usually it means that the phone manufacturer has not fully implemented the nexcessary functions. You might go and rant at Google for NOT supporting the DJI app. See how far that gets you.
2023-5-3
Use props
AntonioHealer
New

Mexico

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-4-18 19:03
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. It shows that your mobile devices are not listed on our recommended list for the DJI Go 4 app. However, this does not mean that these devices will not work, maybe there are some functionality errors but we will assist you with troubleshooting after learning the details. Can you please provide us with a short video showing the issue or a screen recording so we can check it here on our end? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hello, I have the same problem with a Samsung A54 device
3-16 18:49
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

AntonioHealer Posted at 3-16 18:49
Hello, I have the same problem with a Samsung A54 device

Hello there. I have responded to your query on this thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... astpost&page=2. Kindly please check. Thank you.
3-17 01:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules