Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Does RTMP still work on DJI Fly/ Mavic Air 2
1600 3 2023-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thommes
lvl.1
Germany

Hello
Straight to the point because i'm getting frustrated:
Does the RTMP Streaming still work in DJI Fly when using mobile data?

I set it all up to stream from my App to my PC which then restreams it on OBS. Reason for this is that my Twitch stream shouldn't go offline, even when changing battery etc.

Everytime when i try to start it crashes again after about 8-10 seconds. Only time it actually works is when my phone is in my Home Network/ WiFi.
Tried every possible setting (Resolution and Bitrate) but it doesn't make a difference.

I tested my mobile upload speed and i'm getting ~25Mbit/s. Should be enough, right?
Obviously there's no point in testing the Stream in my Home Network since i want to be able to stream it on Twitch when i'm leaving my house.
2023-4-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Thommes. Thank you for reaching out. Yes, RTMP Streaming still works in DJI Fly with Mavic Air 2. If it fails with a certain network, it may be due to the internet issue as live streaming requires high performance of the internet. We suggest using a higher internet speed. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-4-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you setup a permanent public IP address and port forwarding to your home pc from your router so that the connection can work when not on your home network.  
2023-4-19
Use props
Thommes
lvl.1
Germany

Alright little update:
I asked my cousin (IT student) for help and we managed to set up a connection via VPN to my local home network, then using MonaServer to feed it into my OBS. Video looks good :')

Only issue is that the audio from the phone mic is "crackling" if you know what i mean. I've looked it up and it seems to be a known issue when livestreaming from DJI GO. Does anyone know a fix?
I used an iPhone X. iOS and Mavic Firmware are all up to date.
2023-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules