4179 66 2023-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneXL.co
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635735 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mavic 3 Pro with DJI RC Pro Controller is priced at $3,628 at Vertigo Drones. The price does not show up on their website, but it is visible in the search results. Thank you, Google!  

Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 9.41.42 AM.JPG
Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 9.41.19 AM.JPG
[color=var(--blue-link)]

https://dronexl.co/2023/04/19/dji-mavic-3-pro-rc-pro-controller-price-3628/

2023-4-19
Use props
Tom_765
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1111969 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hope they offer some kind of trade up.  It's not good when they market the Mavic 3 as the replacement for Mavic 2 PRO only to come out with a Mavic 3 PRO at a higher cost.
2023-4-19
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tom_765 Posted at 4-19 08:20
I hope they offer some kind of trade up.  It's not good when they market the Mavic 3 as the replacement for Mavic 2 PRO only to come out with a Mavic 3 PRO at a higher cost.

here's some information on the dji trade in program:  https://forum.dji.com/thread-281501-1-1.html

usually these programs are not directly tied to a specific drone model, their launches, or how they were marketing.  whatever the case, i think everybody want to trade in for the next model whether we are talking about fpv, mini, air, or mavic.  lucky for us, there is a robust, fair, and simple secondary market for used drones.

i plan to trade my new m3 for a m3p but i'm keenly aware that i won't get the new price for it but i believe we should let the market determine that.  either way, i'll have to spend more to make the leap to the upgrade.  not ideal but at least it's an option.
2023-4-19
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I wonder if additional 3-x zoom lens on M3P would support advanced color profiles, such as HLG and / or D-Log.Thank you for sharing.
2023-4-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2023-4-19
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any news on a SDK for this one or is this just a repeat of the m3 cine with a new camera?
2023-4-19
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 4-19 18:52
Any news on a SDK for this one or is this just a repeat of the m3 cine with a new camera?

Just a repeat,it is not everyday that you see a drone with three cameras.
2023-4-19
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Pastime Posted at 4-19 21:26
Just a repeat,it is not everyday that you see a drone with three cameras.

lol, yes true enough. If this thing is not more "pro" than the Cine, then I lose some interest in it.

2023-4-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It will be interesting to see how good these new cameras are when it's released.  
2023-4-19
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
Bulgaria

This time I think I'll leave the pleasure of being beta testers to other DJI customers. By Christmas it will be clear what kind of drone this will be.
2023-4-20
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

KokoFresha Posted at 4-20 00:42
This time I think I'll leave the pleasure of being beta testers to other DJI customers. By Christmas it will be clear what kind of drone this will be.

You are not alone...
2023-4-20
Use props
Tom_765
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1111969 ft
  • >>>
United States

April 25, 2023
IMG_6351.png
2023-4-20
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-19 23:25
It will be interesting to see how good these new cameras are when it's released.

Just got an email,it looks like the Mavic 3 Pro will be released on 4-25-23 at 9am.
2023-4-20
Use props
Roman R.S
lvl.1
Canada

Is mavic 3 pro going to kill cine?
2023-4-20
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

Roman R.S Posted at 4-20 07:05

no, it will be cheaper
2023-4-20
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

lets start the party everybody, firecrackers, champagne, baloons...
lets celebrate the one and only, MAVIC 3 PRO !!!
[and prepare your cards]
2023-4-20
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Roman R.S Posted at 4-20 07:05

I am actually not 100% sure, but guessing that Mavic 3 Pro would have 2 branches , regular and cine as it's going to be become the new flagship drone for semi portable segment. Maybe similar to Mavic 3 , Mavic 3 Pro cine would have 1tb SSD and ability to record ProRes. Really hoping for zoom lens with 1-3 optical zoom to be able to support D-Log / HLG (it seems that the ND filter that DJI is releasing for this drone has a dimming in place of this zoom lens , which gives hope it will be also an advanced lens like micro 4/3 lens.
2023-4-20
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Pastime Posted at 4-20 06:32
Just got an email,it looks like the Mavic 3 Pro will be released on 4-25-23 at 9am.

Every DJI customer got or will get that email...

As anyone here already pre ordered it? This release will definitely kill the Cine

Lets see how long it takes for Second Hand Mavic 3 and Mavic Classic to saturate the market and make the prices drops...

2023-4-20
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

After the total disaster with M3, no way I'll be an early adopter for this one. So, bring the popcorn, let's watch how M3P fares...
2023-4-20
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

The Saint Posted at 4-19 11:28
here's some information on the dji trade in program:  https://forum.dji.com/thread-281501-1-1.html

usually these programs are not directly tied to a specific drone model, their launches, or how they were marketing.  whatever the case, i think everybody want to trade in for the next model whether we are talking about fpv, mini, air, or mavic.  lucky for us, there is a robust, fair, and simple secondary market for used drones.

By Tuesday next week, your M3 should be worth it around the $1500 (That's AUD not USD)possibly less...

The M3 new is already retailing at $2469...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/566802098655665(this one is S/H
2023-4-20
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The prices do not matter as much as what can this drone do.  Closely watching this launch day for news of a SDK or not.  
2023-4-20
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

TonyPHX Posted at 4-20 19:09
The prices do not matter as much as what can this drone do.  Closely watching this launch day for news of a SDK or not.

Maybe the price doesn't matter to you, but right here for example we have the Mini 2 selling for, well, the same price as the Mini 3... Which one would you pick??

2023-4-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pastime Posted at 4-20 06:32
Just got an email,it looks like the Mavic 3 Pro will be released on 4-25-23 at 9am.

Indeed,    and the rumoured price will upset some for sure.  
2023-4-20
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Burt37 Posted at 4-20 19:23
Maybe the price doesn't matter to you, but right here for example we have the Mini 2 selling for, well, the same price as the Mini 3... Which one would you pick??

[view_image]

For me, there would be no question about that...   
2023-4-20
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 4-20 19:09

I kinda think you already know there will be no SDK announced for it.
2023-4-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why is it that the minute a new drone comes out some comedian starts banging on about the SDK
2023-4-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

KokoFresha Posted at 4-20 00:42

Same, I will not be leaping into this like I have done with other drones
2023-4-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Bigplumbs Posted at 4-20 22:28
Why is it that the minute a new drone comes out some comedian starts banging on about the SDK

Because Dji shafted us on the Mavic 3 so we are being cautious now, that does not count has been a comedian
2023-4-21
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Wait that we find out which radio is compatible with.. Then again if it only a Mavic with three lenses instead of two, it will be business as usual.. Hopefully with the new firmware required to operate the extra camera, we may get some of the previous requested feature included as well...
2023-4-21
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

That’s pricey
2023-4-21
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

I dream of the day when you can switch out gimbals and cameras on the base drone you purchase.  Buy the Mavic 3 and then be able to buy a separate classic, standard, pro or cinema camera and switch them out.  No way am I going to go from Mavic 3 standard to the pro so they lost a chunk of iterative business with this kind of release.

Again I’m just dreaming of what a modular design would be like similar to the DIY drones where you pick your own camera.

After their display of disregard to the Mavic 3 SDK I could never bring myself to splurging on their next best thing just because.
2023-4-21
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

Why is it that the minute a new drone comes out some comedian starts banging on about the SDK

Seems to be the new norm.
2023-4-21
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

dronethemoment Posted at 4-21 07:27
I dream of the day when you can switch out gimbals and cameras on the base drone you purchase.  Buy the Mavic 3 and then be able to buy a separate classic, standard, pro or cinema camera and switch them out.  No way am I going to go from Mavic 3 standard to the pro so they lost a chunk of iterative business with this kind of release.

Again I’m just dreaming of what a modular design would be like similar to the DIY drones where you pick your own camera.

i dont have the numbers to back this up but the autel evo 2 tried the method of having simple swappable cameras and it failed miserably likely due to the price of the camera.
2023-4-21
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 4-21 08:29
i dont have the numbers to back this up but the autel evo 2 tried the method of having simple swappable cameras and it failed miserably likely due to the price of the camera.
I’m pretty sure the idea would shatter DJI’s money making scheme of iteratively releasing slightly better hardware paced just enough from you recovering from the last purchase.   Very much like iPhone models and releases where they release 5 new models each year looking for suckers to upgrade.  

I’m not a big follower of other brands of drones so I don’t have any knowledge of that situation.  However, in the future before I drop $2-$3k on another Dji product I’ll be looking at competitors first.  Probably won’t find anything as enticing but at least I’ll be looking instead of just pulling out my wallet and going for it like this new Mavic 3 Pro with another camera that probably is only useful in full sunlight but limited with the software and modes like the “Explorer” camera on the Mavic 3 that literally does no good due to the quality and recording modes.

2023-4-21
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Pastime Posted at 4-20 22:01
I kinda think you already know there will be no SDK announced for it.

I kinda think I have no idea.  : )
2023-4-21
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

lol, well I guess that makes me a comedian.  : )
2023-4-21
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

dronethemoment Posted at 4-21 11:28
I’m pretty sure the idea would shatter DJI’s money making scheme of iteratively releasing slightly better hardware paced just enough from you recovering from the last purchase.   Very much like iPhone models and releases where they release 5 new models each year looking for suckers to upgrade.  

I’m not a big follower of other brands of drones so I don’t have any knowledge of that situation.  However, in the future before I drop $2-$3k on another Dji product I’ll be looking at competitors first.  Probably won’t find anything as enticing but at least I’ll be looking instead of just pulling out my wallet and going for it like this new Mavic 3 Pro with another camera that probably is only useful in full sunlight but limited with the software and modes like the “Explorer” camera on the Mavic 3 that literally does no good due to the quality and recording modes.

While I agree with you 100% on your statement, I just would like to point out that the explorer mode in the M3, it seems it was never designed for us to use as a recording mode, but mainly as an easy way to find what we look for from a distance, to then get closer if possible and use the other modes for recording...

I think they were mentioning in a situation like a rescue, to give an example... After all the M3 does not have a zoom lens...
2023-4-21
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 4-21 15:20
I kinda think I have no idea.  : )

You know what the answer is,could be wrong but I doubt it.
A question for you,would you really honestly and with 100% confidence feel
safe that a third party app is controlling and flying your multi thousand dollar
drone without something going wrong,which it could.
2023-4-21
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Pastime Posted at 4-21 18:09
You know what the answer is,could be wrong but I doubt it.
A question for you,would you really honestly and with 100% confidence feel
safe that a third party app is controlling and flying your multi thousand dollar

Well, yes.  My business has been running quite fine on it.  I think on the Dronelink "leaderboard" I am #2 in minutes of automated flight globally.  

Works good enough.  : )
2023-4-22
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 4-22 10:34
Well, yes.  My business has been running quite fine on it.  I think on the Dronelink "leaderboard" I am #2 in minutes of automated flight globally.  

Works good enough.  : )

Works good enough,still does not sound like 100% trust in it.
Hey but its your drone,I would do it with my other drone which is an air 2,
but nothing above that.
2023-4-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules