Mini 3 pro
3730 70 2023-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davehappen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94206 ft
Taiwan

I live in Thailand, with the temperatures as they are at the moment I can only fly between dawn and eight o'clock, then again at seven o'clock when it is dark.
Which give me a small flight window of about one hour. Roll on the wet season when the temp drops a little, I might get a few flights in between rainstorms. LOL
2023-4-28
Use props
djiuser_W2CBKJxCpQ2X
New
Flight distance : 789078 ft
United States

New here, can someone please tell me if there are different versions of the mini 3 pro? Meaning, I live in the US but the drone I just recieved has a "CE" label affixed within the battery compartment. Also the back of the remote has CE on it. The new remote with the screen built in. My mavic 2 also.has a CE on the back BUT it also has an FCC# and my mini 2 has better range than the 3, much better. Wondering if I got the wrong version sent to me?
2023-4-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_W2CBKJxCpQ2X Posted at 4-28 04:40
New here, can someone please tell me if there are different versions of the mini 3 pro? Meaning, I live in the US but the drone I just recieved has a "CE" label affixed within the battery compartment. Also the back of the remote has CE on it. The new remote with the screen built in. My mavic 2 also.has a CE on the back BUT it also has an FCC# and my mini 2 has better range than the 3, much better. Wondering if I got the wrong version sent to me?

Hi, there. May I have a related photo so that we can confirm this problem better. We have sent you a PM at the same time, please check it.
2023-4-28
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

New here, can someone please tell me if there are different versions of the mini 3 pro? Meaning, I live in the US but the drone I just recieved has a "CE" label affixed within the battery compartment. Also the back of the remote has CE on it. The new remote with the screen built in. My mavic 2 also.has a CE on the back BUT it also has an FCC# and my mini 2 has better range than the 3, much better. Wondering if I got the wrong version sent to me?

No
2023-4-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is just standard labelling, it will work 100% as it should.

With the Mini 3 Pro, you have to be 100% spot on with the RC to drone alignment.
Also, just because the signal may have dropped to 3 or 2 bars, the drone can still go a long way so don't be put off by lower bars than youre possibly used to.
2023-4-28
Use props
BIGTONE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi all
Great thread.
Now I’m attempting to fill in the details on the French site for an operator license but I’m not sure of the questions they are asking. For example The mass of the drone?
I have filled in my name,address details etc so I have created an account.  What I need to know is do I have to take the exam before I can fill details of the drone?
Anybody that has done the French exam to register for an operator number a guide through the steps would be well appreciated.
Thanks.Ok done the exam and passed. I followed the link it gives and it takes me back to the page where you register the drone etc.
I cannot see my pass result paper? I still have to fill in drone details etc.  Any steps I now have to do would be great if you could assist.I received an email saying I can view my pass result and it takes me to my account with my name address etc but no sign of my pass result.Update....printed off my certificate now for filling in the drone details.
Ta.

2023-4-28
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

BIGTONE Posted at 4-28 23:35
Hi all
Great thread.
Now I’m attempting to fill in the details on the French site for an operator license but I’m not sure of the questions they are asking. For example The mass of the drone?

Are you planning to fly often from the UK using your drone across the channel??

Mini 3 Pro with standard battery is 249 grams...

2023-4-29
Use props
BIGTONE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 4-29 00:13
Are you planning to fly often from the UK using your drone across the channel??

Mini 3 Pro with standard battery is 249 grams...

I will be flying in Europe.The U.K. CAA operator/fly certificate is not recognised in Europe.
2023-4-29
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

BIGTONE Posted at 4-29 00:38
I will be flying in Europe.The U.K. CAA operator/fly certificate is not recognised in Europe.

Sorry.. Got the wrong smiley... It was a joke... but the mass of the drone is correct....
2023-4-29
Use props
BIGTONE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

2023-4-29
Use props
BIGTONE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ok. This is as far as I can get. I’m logged in but there is not button on the attached pic to progress to register. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Update.....To help any future droners if you go via the French portal for your exam make sure you put France in the country registration option. I put U.K. and it blocks the registration from going any further.
I'm all sorted now.
Keep em coming
Happy flights.
2023-4-29
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

BIGTONE Posted at 4-29 04:37
Ok. This is as far as I can get. I’m logged in but there is not button on the attached pic to progress to register. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Update.....To help any future droners if you go via the French portal for your exam make sure you put France in the country registration option. I put U.K. and it blocks the registration from going any further.

If I read it correctly, you may need to put France not the UK because of the *
2023-4-30
Use props
BIGTONE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 4-30 00:17
If I read it correctly, you may need to put France not the UK because of the *

Yes you are correct. My stupidity got the better of me. Haaaa
The good thing that the exam was all in English which was a bonus and made things easy.
2023-4-30
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12566335 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Well, MINI3Pro is better in flight than a MINI2 for keeping the battery temperature low.
Had 2 flights at the same day, same conditions.

MINi2 flight succesfull, not battery temperature warnings (bgw  never had any batt temp warning many many flights)

See the difference.
Cheers
JJB   [ Charts by FRAP ; the 'best' software for flightlog analysis ]

battMINI2.png
battMINI3Pro.png
2023-4-30
Use props
BIGTONE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Yes interesting info. Looking at the stats the mini 3 pro battery looks double the max mAh capacity.
I see the temp remained stable on both drones so I think it would need a quite significant increase before it flags warning.  Good to know though.ADDITION...
Can anyone please recommend a Windows10 or 11 compatible editing software for a beginner into the editing business for my drone?
Thanks.
2023-4-30
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

JJB* Posted at 4-30 03:09
Hi,

Well, MINI3Pro is better in flight than a MINI2 for keeping the battery temperature low.

Good reading...

I wonder why, the mini2 was using twice as much power as the mini3 in the same flight, or am I reading it wrong?

I think you will find that the battery temperature is a mix of things:

Wind
Temperature
Humidity
Altitude
Speed
Recording quality

That's my finding flying in the three months of summer... When the outside temperature was at 38° with 89% humidity, it got really hot, probably too hot to make it comfortable to keep it in your hands... But I guess that's not the norm

I still believe that all DJI drones sold in tropical locations should have a fan like in the Mavic. The Mavic internal fan does work very hard and it makes you wonder how long it will last, but at least it feels that you are not cooking the electronics...

2023-4-30
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Burt37 Posted at 4-30 14:55
Good reading...

I wonder why, the mini2 was using twice as much power as the mini3 in the same flight, or am I reading it wrong?

Hi Burt,

Mini3PRO had a plus battery this flight, flights with a plus battery shows a lower batt consumption per minute than a normal battery. Have really no idea why. (have not looked deeper into this btw)

These 2 flights more or less he same type of flight, apart from all differences i find the max temperature reached the biggest difference.

Will do these 2 flights shortly after each other few more times, to check if this is 'normal'.

cheers
JJB
2023-4-30
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

BIGTONE Posted at 4-30 04:04
Yes interesting info. Looking at the stats the mini 3 pro battery looks double the max mAh capacity.
I see the temp remained stable on both drones so I think it would need a quite significant increase before it flags warning.  Good to know though.ADDITION...
Can anyone please recommend a Windows10 or 11 compatible editing software for a beginner into the editing business for my drone?

Hi,

...into the editing business.....   what do you mean by this ?

But you can always become a FRAP user.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid2023752

cheers
JJB
2023-4-30
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

JJB* Posted at 4-30 23:39
Hi Burt,

Mini3PRO had a plus battery this flight, flights with a plus battery shows a lower batt consumption per minute than a normal battery. Have really no idea why. (have not looked deeper into this btw)

Well, if it is a percentage it could make sense... 5% of 25 is the same as 2.5% of 50...

The big difference is in the Max in Flight...

Still, it is nice to see all the data and being able to analyse it...
2023-4-30
Use props
BIGTONE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 4-30 23:41
Hi,

...into the editing business.....   what do you mean by this ?

Thanks for that but it seems a little complicated to me. I'm just after a dummy's guide to video editing software for my drone footage.
2023-5-1
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

BIGTONE Posted at 5-1 00:11
Thanks for that but it seems a little complicated to me. I'm just after a dummy's guide to video editing software for my drone footage.

oke  

I use Filmora for videi editing, learning curve not that difficult.

cheers
JJB
2023-5-1
Use props
BIGTONE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Took my mini 3 pro out today for its first flight. I was so excited I forgot to hit the record button!  Haaaa
Thoroughly enjoyed it. It’s a million miles away from my Phantom 4. Brilliant response and software interface.  Well happy.
Here’s to miles and miles in the air.
2023-5-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

BIGTONE Posted at 5-2 14:44
Took my mini 3 pro out today for its first flight. I was so excited I forgot to hit the record button!  Haaaa
Thoroughly enjoyed it. It’s a million miles away from my Phantom 4. Brilliant response and software interface.  Well happy.
Here’s to miles and miles in the air.

Hi,

Happy many landings on all next flights!

btw   did you check before takeoff the compass heading on the map view and compared this heading with the actual heading ? If not the same : DO NOT FLY

This is the most important check for DJI drones before starting a flight !

cheers
JJB
2023-5-2
Use props
BIGTONE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 5-2 23:19
Hi,

Happy many landings on all next flights!

Cheers. Yes I did the compass calibration before flight. All was ok. I also tried RTH and it worked spot on.
2023-5-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

BIGTONE Posted at 5-3 03:17
Cheers. Yes I did the compass calibration before flight. All was ok. I also tried RTH and it worked spot on.

oke, no need to calibrate compass if it performed once.

I mean something else !

If your drone is on the ground powered ON, go to the map view in the FlyApp.
Left bottom on the screen, select there map view

Check if the blue arrow (your drone) is showing the same heading as the actual heading on the ground!
Don`t worry for few degrees offset, but if it showing the heading totally different than the actual heading....don`t fly. powered off your drone, move to another spot and do the same check again.

cheers
JJB
2023-5-3
Use props
BIGTONE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 5-3 05:14
oke, no need to calibrate compass if it performed once.

I mean something else !

Will do. Ta muchly.
Yep compass heading is all good.
2023-5-3
Use props
BIGTONE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Current firmware.  Powered up my mini 3 pro after some time. I cannot find the current firmwares to date. I have tried to update and it tells me it’s up to date. I’m sure there are new updates since I last powered up.
App version 1.10.00
Aircraft firmware 01.00.0600
RC firmware 01.03.0100
App static safety data 01.00.01.29
As at 4 July 2023
Thanks.
2023-7-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BIGTONE Posted at 7-3 23:38
Current firmware.  Powered up my mini 3 pro after some time. I cannot find the current firmwares to date. I have tried to update and it tells me it’s up to date. I’m sure there are new updates since I last powered up.
App version 1.10.00
Aircraft firmware 01.00.0600

Hi, BIGTONE, You can upgrade the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 that you can download at dji.com/downloads from your computer if it's not showing from the Fly app. However, I see you are already on the latest firmware. You can check the release notes here here.
2023-7-10
Use props
BIGTONE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 7-10 02:56
Hi, BIGTONE, You can upgrade the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 that you can download at dji.com/downloads from your computer if it's not showing from the Fly app. However, I see you are already on the latest firmware. You can check the release notes here here.

Yes many thanks Tony.
I got a bit confused ( don’t take a lot)I assumed the latest firmware release was for all fly apps.
Tone.
2023-7-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BIGTONE Posted at 7-10 04:43
Yes many thanks Tony.
I got a bit confused ( don’t take a lot)I assumed the latest firmware release was for all fly apps.
Tone.

No problem, BIGTONE. You have a wonderful day ahead.
2023-7-10
Use props
BIGTONE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Is it me or is DJI abandoning the Mini 3 pro. There is no reference to the mini 3 pro anymore. They are just pushing the mini 4 and the Maverick.
4-18 06:25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules