Remote ID for Mavic Pro
973 3 2023-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pjbmit
New

United States

Hello,

Is the FAA requirement for Remote-ID in the US available as firmware update for the Mavic Pro?

If not, does DJI plan to offer a firmware update to add this capability by the September 2023 deadline?

I've read some official responses, and they aren't clear in that regard.

Thank you.
2023-4-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

According to the FAR Part 89 Remote ID regulations, the RID compliance for American users starts from September 16, 2023. Before that, the FAA RID regulation does not affect the user’s flight activity. After that, for Mavic Pro, please purchase a third-party RID module that complies with RID MOC and add it to the aircraft to comply.
2023-4-19
Use props
pjbmit
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-19 23:52
According to the FAR Part 89 Remote ID regulations, the RID compliance for American users starts from September 16, 2023. Before that, the FAA RID regulation does not affect the user’s flight activity. After that, for Mavic Pro, please purchase a third-party RID module that complies with RID MOC and add it to the aircraft to comply.

.   I appreciate the concise and clear response.  It's very, very helpful.  Thank you so much, DJI Mindy
2023-4-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

pjbmit Posted at 4-20 04:04
.   I appreciate the concise and clear response.  It's very, very helpful.  Thank you so much, DJI Mindy

You're welcome. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
2023-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules