Deleting clips
1602 7 2023-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbd704cb5
lvl.2
United States

Hi all,

Is there any way to delete individual clips from the playback menu? I haven’t found any way to do it. All my other DJI products allow for deleting individual clips. I’m on location shooting, and I have double tapped and recorded some unwanted footage of me walking. I would love to delete these before I hand cards over to the media manager.

Thank you!

Todd
2023-4-19
Use props
joseugs
lvl.2

Bulgaria

There's no way to do this ever since the 4D came out... Not sure why It is a huge issue if you're out in the wild and need to travel light (no laptops, etc).
2023-5-18
Use props
fansbd704cb5
lvl.2
United States

joseugs Posted at 5-18 03:20
There's no way to do this ever since the 4D came out... Not sure why  It is a huge issue if you're out in the wild and need to travel light (no laptops, etc).

This feature needs to be added. I will always delete clips from my Osmo Pro if needed, before I handed off footage on locations.
2023-5-22
Use props
joseugs
lvl.2

Bulgaria

Too bad i can't recall seeing any valid explanation from DJI's side as to why it is missing...
2023-7-5
Use props
fansbd704cb5
lvl.2
United States

joseugs Posted at 7-5 11:22
Too bad i can't recall seeing any valid explanation from DJI's side as to why it is missing...

It really needs to be added. Can't see why this couldn't be an easy add to a firmware update.
2023-7-9
Use props
joseugs
lvl.2

Bulgaria

fansbd704cb5 Posted at 7-9 06:58
It really needs to be added. Can't see why this couldn't be an easy add to a firmware update.

Absolutely!
2023-7-11
Use props
fans36cdd840
lvl.2

Germany

Honestly, I do not want it. Its standard for big production cameras (like ARRI, there is now way to delete clips on an ARRI).

It makes the workflow safer, so only the Data-Wrangler can delete Clips if he is absolutely sure you don't need them anymore. No Camera-Operator should be in the position to decide whether a clip is worth keeping or not.
And even the Data-Wrangler will most likely never delete clips on-Set.

So IF dji would add this, then please with an menu option password-protected to allow or dis-allow this.
2023-7-12
Use props
joseugs
lvl.2

Bulgaria

fans36cdd840 Posted at 7-12 01:12
Honestly, I do not want it. Its standard for big production cameras (like ARRI, there is now way to delete clips on an ARRI).

It makes the workflow safer, so only the Data-Wrangler can delete Clips if he is absolutely sure you don't need them anymore. No Camera-Operator should be in the position to decide whether a clip is worth keeping or not.

No doubt, it also could be made to work as the storage format UI. But we have plenty of one-man band 4D users here that go crazy when they have to open up a laptop for the sake of removing a couple of test shots in the middle of nowhere... i know it hurts me every time, especially when you're shooting 6K 60FPS using the higher bitrate codecs.
2023-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules