Hyperlapse Add button doesn't actually add frames to the video
684 3 2023-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SimonASNG
lvl.1

United States

Hey all, I am using the hyperlapse function and it starts with 125 frames, but there is a button to add 50 more frames.  So I used that a bunch and got it up to something like 500 frames.  It kept flying its circle and taking the pics and it would have been a really cool set of videos (I did this a few times yesterday).  But when it produced the videos, it only used the first 125 frames for each and the rest are just gone.   Anyone else notice this bug?  

My obvious workaround is to start keeping images and see if that keeps all 500 and then I can stitch them together myself.  I'll try that next time, but I thought I'd also check with the community.

2023-4-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please send us a screen recording or screenshots showing how you perform the Hyperlapse on your DJI Mini 3 Pro so we can check? You may try to refresh the firmware of the aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2 software and see if there are any changes. You may download the software using the link below. Thank you for your understanding and support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2023-4-20
Use props
SimonASNG
lvl.1

United States

OK, thanks.  I see that there was a "firm ware update" available, so I updated that.  And then I tried the experiment again (exact same way as last time, even in the same spot as last time) and it worked this time.  
Edit: it occurs to me that I didn't try the exact same experiment because I only went up to 250 frames instead of 500, but at least that worked.   Next chance I get, I'll try another 500 set to see if it is some issue with producing the larger videos.  But you can just relax and assume it is all good unless I get back to you on the larger test.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Simon

2023-4-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

SimonASNG Posted at 4-21 09:29
OK, thanks.  I see that there was a "firm ware update" available, so I updated that.  And then I tried the experiment again (exact same way as last time, even in the same spot as last time) and it worked this time.  
Edit: it occurs to me that I didn't try the exact same experiment because I only went up to 250 frames instead of 500, but at least that worked.   Next chance I get, I'll try another 500 set to see if it is some issue with producing the larger videos.  But you can just relax and assume it is all good unless I get back to you on the larger test.

Thank you for your response, Simon. We're more than happy to know that the feature is now working as normal after you perform the firmware update. You may contact us back after you conduct the test flights. Please don't forget to hit the "reply" button so we can be notified when you reply. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules