External screen for Mavic Air 2
1673 5 2023-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rickmo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23901 ft
United States

I've given up on using my drone in the Nevada sun/heat in the summer. The iPhone goes black... as we all know.
How do people use a different monitor - like the Crystal Sky or other - when the iPhone is needed for the app?
Can you even do this with the regular Mavic Air2 controller? Unfortunately the new controller with built-in screen only goes back to the Air2-s not the Air 2 or I would get that in a heartbeat. I've read reviews on the original smart contoller (?) and they're not all that good and I don't want to buy really old tech.
2023-4-20
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

TRIPLTEK Tablet 7" PRO TRIPLTEK Tablet 7" PRO Or you could go with the 8 which isn't much more money.
2023-4-20
Use props
rickmo
lvl.2
United States

Thanks....  b ut I don't understand how you would connect it if you need the iPhone for the DJI App. ???
2023-4-20
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

rickmo Posted at 4-20 12:09
Thanks....  b ut I don't understand how you would connect it if you need the iPhone for the DJI App. ???

instead of using your phone (iphone) to connect to the remote controller, use the tablet (tripltek) to connect to the remote controller.

both the iphone and the tripltek can run the DJI Fly app which you use to fly your drone.

put your iphone away and instead use the tripltek tablet (which means you may need a longer cable and a bigger clamp/holder).

the tripltek is much brighter, the screen is bigger, and it doesn't overheat.

2023-4-20
Use props
rickmo
lvl.2
United States

Thanks. I forgot that this was a tablet and not just a monitor. Got it. Thought I could use a less expensive small LED display but obviously need to FLY app.
2023-4-20
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

rickmo Posted at 4-20 13:49
Thanks. I forgot that this was a tablet and not just a monitor. Got it. Thought I could use a less expensive small LED display but obviously need to FLY app.

Could you imagine how bulky and heavy an RC-N1 would be if you had to somehow mount a phone + a second monitor+ an additional battery+ an HDMI cable just to fly? If you don't like the tablet idea you could just upgrade to an Android phone. The screen auto dimming issue is really only an Apple problem. Some of the new Samsung panels get 1750 nits.
2023-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules