Gimbal problem - please help~ VIDEO included!
1461 6 2014-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shep941
lvl.2

United States

My gimbal is suddenly not working correctly... on power up it keeps readjusting and going to the bottom left. I didn't impact it and after inspection I found no debris that would cause interference. I'm assuming this is a software problem. I would really appreciate any ideas on possible ways solve this. Is there a way to do a factory reset on gimbal settings or.... I might be looking in the wrong direction here?

Seriously any help appreciated I'm supposed to be flying it tomorrow at a fundraiser!

Oh its a P2V+ early version with DJI factory gimbal/camera assembly.

2014-12-6
Use props
shep941
lvl.2

United States

Here is a 7 second video of what happens when I power on the phantom....

http://youtu.be/7ZI7_aHQ7WA
It basically continues this behavior until the phantom is powered down.
2014-12-6
Use props
knarfboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

If you don't had a crash, call your deaker or dji support. I think you have waranty.
2014-12-6
Use props
kgmann
lvl.2

United Kingdom

You could try this
2014-12-7
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

There was a firmware update to fix this, do you have all the latest updates installed ?
If you do an advanced IMU calibration take the lens cap off.
2014-12-7
Use props
shep941
lvl.2

United States

Thanks so much for the feedback I'll try these fixes as soon as I can. I know my updates are the latest but I might have done my last IMU calib with the cap on.  Also the video kg posted shows a very similar problem to my own so that might do it. I'll post updates.

Thanks so much guys for your suggestions!!!
2014-12-7
Use props
shep941
lvl.2

United States

No dice. Ruined the ribbon cable in the process of dickering. Now I'm weighing buying a new one against trying a GoPro setup
2014-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules