Mini 2 won't record
2677 17 2023-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Captronbob
lvl.2

United States

My mini two only records about 10% of the time. when it records it does a great job, but 90% of the time I fly it around getting great shots and when I put the SD card in my computer, it shows that there is some thing on it but it will not play. Says, "Error". I have the upgraded software, I have reset the camera, have a fully charged battery and using the SanDisk 128 GB SD card which works great in my GoPro cameras. I sent it off to a third-party for repair and they found it to be in working condition. I suspect that was the 10% did it please because when I got it back from Dan with a SD card in the drone it still wouldn't work for me.Any help would be greatly appreciate it because I am at my wits end. I have done everything I can think of and still cannot get it to record something that is playable on my computer. I have two computers, when is windows 11 and the other is iMac, and neither one plays the SD card from the drone. For a card reader, I am using VLC.
I hope someone can shed some light on my problem. I am about ready to take the drone up to 400 feet and send it on its final mission, to the dump. Thanks for any help you can offer. Ron
2023-4-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Captronbob. Thank you for reaching out. Have you tried playing the video from the DJI Fly? If yes, are you getting any errors as well? What specific SanDisk SD Card do you have? These are the Recommended microSD Cards for Mini 2:

If your microSD Card is not on the list please try replacing it with any of the microSD Card from the list. Please keep us posted.
2023-4-21
Use props
Captronbob
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-21 14:57
Hi, Captronbob. Thank you for reaching out. Have you tried playing the video from the DJI Fly? If yes, are you getting any errors as well? What specific SanDisk SD Card do you have? These are the Recommended microSD Cards for Mini 2:
[view_image]
If your microSD Card is not on the list please try replacing it with any of the microSD Card from the list. Please keep us posted.

I am currently still testing. I have a San Disk 128 extreme Plus V30 A2 SD card. I will follow up on what I find and reply back to you. Very winding here today so my progress is hampered. I find that if I open it first in the DJI veiw on my phone it then opens in my computer. Card reader in the computer is VLC Plus.
Very strange so I am still checking. Thanks Ron
2023-4-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Captronbob Posted at 4-21 15:17
I am currently still testing. I have a San Disk 128 extreme Plus V30 A2 SD card. I will follow up on what I find and reply back to you. Very winding here today so my progress is hampered. I find that if I open it first in the DJI veiw on my phone it then opens in my computer. Card reader in the computer is VLC Plus.

Hi, Ron. Thanks for the reply. 128GB San Disk extreme Plus V30 A2 is on the list. You may also try to use another media player to see if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-4-26
Use props
RoninOverFlight
lvl.2
Canada

Captronbob Posted at 4-21 15:17
I am currently still testing. I have a San Disk 128 extreme Plus V30 A2 SD card. I will follow up on what I find and reply back to you. Very winding here today so my progress is hampered. I find that if I open it first in the DJI veiw on my phone it then opens in my computer. Card reader in the computer is VLC Plus.

As suggested i would try another media player.

But also copy the contents of the SD card to your pc before playing.

I had a similar issue where I would record flights then place it into a micro sd card adapter then into the pc, and it took about 20 tries for the adapter to finally see the 256GB card and allow me to transfer the flight video to pc.

I believe my own personal problem is my usb adapter, but in your case depending on pc type etc i would definitely try transfering the files to your pc's SSD first before playing. IMHO only.

2023-4-27
Use props
Captronbob
lvl.2

United States

I tried your suggestion, but no luck. Thanks for your input, but I am throwing the towel in! Ron
2023-4-28
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I have seen bad cards, you may have one.  You may need to exchange it for a new one.  Another thing it could be is a counterfeit card.  You tend to find these out there a lot of times.  You think you are buying a San Diskk card only to find out you bought a piece of junk card.  This happened to a friend of mine.  Fortunately he bought it through Amazon and was able to return it and get his money back.  You have to be careful where you buy your cards from.  I have seen these cards suddenly go bad as well, so try a different card, but from a different vendor if you can.
2023-4-28
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

I have several Micro SD adaptors as it seems that one brand like one card but not another brand of card... So far I have never encountered a bad Micro SD... Always the bloody adaptor....
2023-4-28
Use props
Captronbob
lvl.2

United States

Burt37 Posted at 4-28 15:14
I have several Micro SD adaptors as it seems that one brand like one card but not another brand of card... So far I have never encountered a bad Micro SD... Always the bloody adaptor....

Okay Then! My final check was to record a short flight with the drone and a short vid with one of my GoPros using the same card for both. Both files were on the card at the same time. The gropro vid played perfectly and the Mini 2 only showed "Error" So, I am done. There's nothing left to do. I now believe there is something wrong with the recorder in the drone and I am finished. "Know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em. I am folding them.
Thank you for all the help, but it's time to face it... Again, Thanks to all... Ron
2023-4-28
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Captronbob Posted at 4-28 16:17
Okay Then! My final check was to record a short flight with the drone and a short vid with one of my GoPros using the same card for both. Both files were on the card at the same time. The gropro vid played perfectly and the Mini 2 only showed "Error" So, I am done. There's nothing left to do. I now believe there is something wrong with the recorder in the drone and I am finished. "Know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em. I am folding them.
Thank you for all the help, but it's time to face it... Again, Thanks to all... Ron

Sorry, my reply was more in line with Ronin reply, as that I'm always having problem with the adaptors...

So, you are saying that you have two file on the SD card, but you can only read one.. How big is the DJI file (in KB) compare to the GoPro?
2023-4-28
Use props
Captronbob
lvl.2

United States

[view_image]
If your microSD Card is not on the list please try replacing it with any of the microSD Card from the list. Please keep us posted.

Well, I decided to give the drone one more try! Here’s what I found. This was purely by accident. When I finish recording, I usually just take the SD card out and put it in the computer and it doesn’t work so this time I opened it in the drone and saw that it had recorded. When I put  the SD card into the computer, it played perfectly. I have no idea why this works but it does and I’m very happy that the drone is back to recording. Any insight as to why this is happening, would be greatly appreciate it, but at this point, I am just happy that it is recording and I am getting my recordings usable . Ron.
2023-5-3
Use props
Captronbob
lvl.2

United States

[view_image]
If your microSD Card is not on the list please try replacing it with any of the microSD Card from the list. Please keep us posted.

Well, I decided to give the drone one more try! Here’s what I found. This was purely by accident. When I finish recording, I usually just take the SD card out and put it in the computer and it doesn’t work so this time I opened it in the drone and saw that it had recorded. When I put  the SD card into the computer, it played perfectly. I have no idea why this works but it does and I’m very happy that the drone is back to recording. Any insight as to why this is happening, would be greatly appreciate it, but at this point, I am just happy that it is recording and I am getting my recordings usable . Ron.
2023-5-3
Use props
fanscb87d94d
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

I'm surprised no one picked up on this earlier.

When recording with the Mini 2, if you shut the drone off without manually stopping the recording it will not play. If this happens, just put the SD card back into the drone and power it up. Let it run through the whole startup cycle and then shut it down. Your files will be fine after that. It's common issue but when someone posts about the 'videos not playing'.....everyone seems to forget about this little 'glitch' with the Mini 2 and points at problems with the SD card itself.
2023-5-3
Use props
Captronbob
lvl.2

United States

fanscb87d94d Posted at 5-3 23:09
I'm surprised no one picked up on this earlier.

When recording with the Mini 2, if you shut the drone off without manually stopping the recording it will not play. If this happens, just put the SD card back into the drone and power it up. Let it run through the whole startup cycle and then shut it down. Your files will be fine after that. It's common issue but when someone posts about the 'videos not playing'.....everyone seems to forget about this little 'glitch' with the Mini 2 and points at problems with the SD card itself.

Thanks. It certainly had me stumped.
2023-5-4
Use props
Captronbob
lvl.2

United States

fanscb87d94d Posted at 5-3 23:09
I'm surprised no one picked up on this earlier.

Thanks. It certainly had me stumped.
2023-5-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Captronbob Posted at 5-3 06:16

Hi, Captronbob. Thank you for the update. Currently,  we can't determine yet why it's happening. Can you please try to change the microSD card to isolate this issue?
2023-5-5
Use props
Captronbob
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-5 05:48
Hi, Captronbob. Thank you for the update. Currently,  we can't determine yet why it's happening. Can you please try to change the microSD card to isolate this issue?

Received this comment from another forum member. It fixed the problem... Thanks Ron

When recording with the Mini 2, if you shut the drone off without manually stopping the recording it will not play. If this happens, just put the SD card back into the drone and power it up. Let it run through the...
2023-5-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Captronbob Posted at 5-5 06:07
Received this comment from another forum member. It fixed the problem... Thanks Ron

When recording with the Mini 2, if you shut the drone off without manually stopping the recording it will not play. If this happens, just put the SD card back into the drone and power it up. Let it run through the...

Hi, Captronbob. Thank you for the update. Glad that it is working now and thank you for sharing the resolution. Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach us again. Have a good day!
2023-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules