Crop factor of mavic 3 classic
1266 3 2023-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_s2zms05GDLQU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 562904 ft
United States

Anyone know how much or if any crop there is at 4k/60fps with the mavic 3 classic? I have seen it is substantial at 4k/120fps. Have only seen that compared to 5.1k/24fps and 4k/24fps online. Hate how much my Air 2s crops using 4k/60fps, makes it useless in tight mountain scenes if flying more than like 5mph.
2023-4-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We will forward your concern to our designated team for confirmation. We'll keep you posted. Thank you.
2023-4-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. We just received a confirmation from our engineers. Due to restrictions related to the camera processor hardware, when capturing at different frame rates (especially those that are higher than 60fps), the camera will adjust some parameters to ensure image sharpness. For instance, the frame is cut to achieve a stable output of images. To ensure the frame size, you can decrease the frame rate for shooting. Currently, we don't have specific parameters. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding.
2023-4-23
Use props
djiuser_s2zms05GDLQU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 562904 ft
United States

I can't believe no one has co firmed if there is a tally a crop factor at 4k60fps or not. Can't be found anywhere on the internet at all. I'm not even buying a mavic 3 if it crops at 4k60. Major detail. I was very unhappy with my air 2s cropping at 4k60. And I will wait to pay even more for a drone until dji can get a minimum 4k60 possible using the full sensor out of a high end drone. Your answer does say crop is a factor at frame rates beyond 60fps, but not if it's an issue actually at 60fps.
2023-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules