Obtaining a replacement RC Pro Enterprise?
1251 8 2023-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13631168 ft
  • >>>
United States

So imagine youself, rushing to get everything in place to capture the perfect sunset that is slowy fading into darkness. You go to take off and the drone refuses. It says the controller needs calibrating. So you turn the drone off, calibrate it then try again. nope, same issue. Simultaneously, you are watching the perfect photo opportunity disappear.

Yea that just happened. It's so frustrating. Especially when on a different menu it says "Remote controller normal". It leads me to a great question. What is DJI's plan for when someone needs a replacement RC Pro Enterprise? Mine looks like it needs replaced and there's no way to purchase just an RC. Am I expected to just buy a whole extra M3E? Then I'll be stuck with 2 drones and only one RC for them both. DJI you sell RC Pro's by themselves. Even though you won't admit it, they're the EXACT same thing as the RC Pro Enterprise. So what is someone like me to do in this situation? Surely this has been considered before now.
Screenshot_20230421-182337.png
Screenshot_20230421-182344.png
Screenshot 2023-04-21 192808.jpg
2023-4-21
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

Dang that blows dude. Maybe reflash firmware? I’ve seen other posts where you send it in & they replace it. Just gotta wait 6-8 weeks… THAT’S ALL lol
2023-4-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe I am being thick but the warning message shown refers to the controller needing calibration not the drone, have you tried calibrating the controller
2023-4-22
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-22 05:12
Maybe I am being thick but the warning message shown refers to the controller needing calibration not the drone, have you tried calibrating the controller

Yes I calibrated the controller twice yesterday, which I mentioned in the first paragraph. I went out this morning and got the same error and calibrated again. Then restarted everything and magically it decided to work. My question for DJI still remains though. These RC Pro's aren't water or dust resistant like the RC Plus is. DJI doesn't sell the RC Pro Enterprise alone like it does literally every other RC of theirs. So when one needs replaced or just wants a second one, how would that be done?
2023-4-22
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would reset it and reflash from start.  May just be a glitch.  Sorry man, that's not fun.
2023-4-22
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 4-22 13:58
I would reset it and reflash from start.  May just be a glitch.  Sorry man, that's not fun.

Thanks. I got it to finally work but have no idea what exactly made it decide to. I get a feeling this will happen again at any time. If I show up on a client site and this happens then I'm going to lose my cool. Missing a sunset is one thing, not being able to do my job is a whole different level.
2023-4-23
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I don't want to start a new thread for this since this is RC related. Also because DJI has still yet to answer my original question..

When using the built in screen recorder on the RC it for some reason only records in a variable 50fps format. Meaning in a recording of the drones video feed that is 30fps, 1/3 of the video is a duplicate frame. Not only raising the file size for no reason, putting more stress on the RC when recording and making playback very choppy. The biggest issue this causes is it makes editing afterwards a nightmare! Speed ramping a video clip with this many duplicate frames is rough looking. The refresh rate of the display is 60hz so if something was recorded in the native fps you'll be missing 1/6th of the frames. So having a 50fps recording makes no sense in any scenario.  I hope an admin can add some understanding to this..
Screenshot 2023-04-23 101405.png
2023-4-23
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 4-23 07:18
Thanks. I got it to finally work but have no idea what exactly made it decide to. I get a feeling this will happen again at any time. If I show up on a client site and this happens then I'm going to lose my cool. Missing a sunset is one thing, not being able to do my job is a whole different level.

I agree.  Confidence in your equipment and not disappointing a client are key.
2023-4-24
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

6 days and not a word from DJI? The question was asking where I can buy one of your products? DJI obviously has an abundance of RC's laying around since you've made it a requirement to purchase one with the new Mavic 3 Pro. DJI brags about having 14,000 employees. Could you not spare just one of those for Enterprise customer support?
2023-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules