1464 11 2023-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd9d3570b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25269 ft
Switzerland

Hello everybody,
I have an issue with my DJI Goggles 2. I'm on the last firmware r0AAAAASUVORK5CYII=[/img]

I use the new feature HD Fonts on my personals drones with O3 Air Units. Sometimes, my goggles reboot without any warning and after that my HD Fonts aren't available any more. In fact, I have the old (big) fonts back.

After that I plug my Goggles 2 into my computer and launch DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). I then see a warning message:

*Firmware compatibility detected between some modules and current device. Update your firmware?* I do update the firware, I see my HD Fonts back and after a while, my Googles reboots and so on.

Any idea what might be caused this issue?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Olivier

2023-4-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Olivier. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry you're experiencing such concerns. We're sorry, but the screenshot of the firmware version cannot be accessed. Can you please confirm the current firmware version for further checking? We'll be waiting for your update. Thank you.
2023-4-22
Use props
Tarika from Switzerland
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Goggles 2 firmware.jpg

Sadly, I'm not able to fly anymore, my Goggles keep rebooting in loop.
2023-4-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tarika from Switzerland Posted at 4-23 09:08
[view_image]

Sadly, I'm not able to fly anymore, my Goggles keep rebooting in loop.

Thanks for the update. Kindly try refreshing the firmware of the goggles to see if it helps. At the same time, we'll have this forwarded to our team. Thank you.
2023-4-23
Use props
Tarika from Switzerland
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Tony Posted at 4-23 21:14
Thanks for the update. Kindly try refreshing the firmware of the goggles to see if it helps. At the same time, we'll have this forwarded to our team. Thank you.

Thank you for your answer Tony.

I tried two things:

1. I refreshed my current firmware. As I experienced before, my goggles reboot in loop.

2. I downgraded my firmware to version 01.04.0000. I have the same behaviour, reboot in loop.

Do you think that I need to send the goggles back for repair?

Regards.

Olivier
2023-4-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tarika from Switzerland Posted at 4-25 03:54
Thank you for your answer Tony.

I tried two things:

You are most welcome. We would like to see if there are remote solutions we can offer first. Kindly post a short video showing the goggles' behavior so we may add it to the report. Thank you.
2023-4-25
Use props
Tarika
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hello Tony,
I wasn't able to record a video. I tried with my phone but it's difficult to record feed of the goggles. In a nutshell, here is the behavior:

I start the goggles and after a couple of seconds I have the blue screen from DJI or if my drone is on I see the feed from my O3 camera.
After a while, 10 to 20 seconds, the screen goes black.
Sometimes the screen stays black or the goggles reboot and I have my video feed back.

There is something wrong for sure. As I said I tried moving up and down from several firmwares but I keep having the same behaviour.
2023-4-30
Use props
TT4400GG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 76250 ft
United States

Tarika Posted at 4-30 07:38
Hello Tony,
I wasn't able to record a video. I tried with my phone but it's difficult to record feed of the goggles. In a nutshell, here is the behavior:

I always run my 03s with a fan on them - when I'm not outside getting ready to fly.  They overheat readily.  And a black screen is one of the symptoms of overheating.EDIT - but I see that you said it also happens without the 03 on - so - nevermind.
2023-4-30
Use props
Tarika
lvl.1
Switzerland

TT4400GG Posted at 4-30 09:29
I always run my 03s with a fan on them - when I'm not outside getting ready to fly.  They overheat readily.  And a black screen is one of the symptoms of overheating.EDIT - but I see that you said it also happens without the 03 on - so - nevermind.

Thanks for you reply anyway!

Yes, it happens with ou without the O3 running.
2023-5-2
Use props
Tarika
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hello Tony,

I eventually went to the process for "repair service request online". I hope that I'll get my goggles back soon.
2023-5-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello Tony,

Hi, Tarika. Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, we would recommend you send the goggles back for further checking. We're sorry you're currently experiencing such concerns. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-5-3
Use props
Tarika
lvl.1
Switzerland

Dear everyone,

I keep you informed of what happened to my case! I received a notification from DJI:

Warranty status: Out of warranty. Assessment result: DJI Goggles 2 Power Cable malfunctioned. Reminder: After repair/replacement, faulty unit or parts will not be returned.

...and I have to pay EUR 49.56 in order to have my goggles back.

That sounds very strange to me. There is a faulty cable. This isn't under warranty and I have to pay almost EUR 50.-- in order to get my goggles back. I'm missing something here, I guess.

Why do I have to pay something as there is a faulty material? I'm still under the warranty period.

Can you please explain that to me?

Thank you in advance.

Olivier
2023-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules