Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI: Pease update the DJI Virtual Flight app!
1037 8 2023-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mini-G
lvl.4
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all,

I've just recently gotten into FPVs and have been trying my best to use the DJI Virtual Flight app on iOS.

The app looks great when looking at it natively on my iPhone or iPad; however, when I plug it into the DJI Goggles Integra, the video quality drops from HD to something that looks like a PS2 game. Is there a difference in quality if you use the DJI Goggles 2 or the DJI FPV Goggles V2? I even tried plugging it into an iPad Pro via USB-C, hoping that the faster speeds would help the quality, and this makes no difference.

So, my question to the community is - Do you use this app, and how have you set it up?

To DJI - Please Update the App!

The app was last updated on the App Store on September 30 2022. I would have assumed it would have been updated when the Avata Explore pack and Motion Controller 2 were released. Currently, if you purchase this pack, then you're out of luck trying to use this app.

DJI Virtual App

DJI Virtual App
2023-4-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Mini-G. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. May we ask for sample photos/screenshots showing the quality when used with the DJI Goggles Integra for further checking? We will be waiting for your update. Thank you.
2023-4-22
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 4-22 20:44
Hi, Mini-G. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. May we ask for sample photos/screenshots showing the quality when used with the DJI Goggles Integra for further checking? We will be waiting for your update. Thank you.

Hi,
This was the best screenshots I could take.
The first one is when this no motion and the second one is when the there is motion and you can see the image degrade.

IMG_5580.jpeg IMG_5579.jpeg

2023-4-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mini-G Posted at 4-23 18:33
[view_image]Hi,
The first one is when this no motion and the second one is when the there is motion and you can see the image degrade.

Thank you, Captain. We have forwarded this concern for feedback. We'll keep you posted. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-4-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mini-G Posted at 4-23 18:33
[view_image]Hi,
The first one is when this no motion and the second one is when the there is motion and you can see the image degrade.

Hi there. We just received confirmation from our team. As confirmed by our engineers, this is due to the compatibility problem of mobile phone devices. In the meantime, you are suggested to use a different phone. This issue has been reported to the engineers for analysis and optimization. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2023-4-24
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 4-24 04:15
Hi there. We just received confirmation from our team. As confirmed by our engineers, this is due to the compatibility problem of mobile phone devices. In the meantime, you are suggested to use a different phone. This issue has been reported to the engineers for analysis and optimization. We appreciate your understanding and support.

Hi this is the view from the DJI Goggles Integra.

I was using an M1 iPad Pro connected to the Gogglea via USB-C,  so I doubt it’s the iPhone’s hardware.
The same degradation of quality is also seen when I have the googles is connect to a iPhone 14 Pro Max.

It looks like the video transmission is at a lower bit rate.
Is this lower transmission/Streaming quality normal for the DJI Goggles Integra and is the same issue on the DJI Goggles 2?

What is DJI’s setup recommendation?
Is it to use the DJI Virtual Flight app through the googles or just through an iPad or iPhone?
2023-4-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mini-G Posted at 4-24 04:48
Hi this is the view from the DJI Goggles Integra.

I was using an M1 iPad Pro connected to the Gogglea via USB-C,  so I doubt it’s the iPhone’s hardware.

Yes, this also applies to the new DJI Goggles Integra. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Rest assured that our related team is working on the necessary measures to resolve this. Currently, you may try using another mobile device to use the DJI Virtual Flight app. Thank you.
2023-4-24
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 4-24 21:55
Yes, this also applies to the new DJI Goggles Integra. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Rest assured that our related team is working on the necessary measures to resolve this. Currently, you may try using another mobile device to use the DJI Virtual Flight app. Thank you.

As I said in my previous post, I've also used an iPad Pro M1.
That's a very powerful device and unfortunately, it all points to the app not being updated.
There needs to be an improvement in the mirroring or streaming out of the app.
2023-4-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mini-G Posted at 4-25 05:43
As I said in my previous post, I've also used an iPad Pro M1.
That's a very powerful device and unfortunately, it all points to the app not being updated.
There needs to be an improvement in the mirroring or streaming out of the app.

We understand. Rest assured that this will be optimized in future updates. Thanks for your continued understanding and support.
2023-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules