520 5 2023-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TT_DK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 404272 ft
Denmark

Hi,
I bought a mavic 3 classic which I received yesterday. Unfortunately, I am experiencing 2 errors.

1 Gimball fail:
It reports that the gimball motor is very hot. It is absolutely right. If you touch the arm to the gimball, you are very close to burning your fingers. All plastic has of course been peeled off and there is nothing to prevent it from being able to move. Still, it has 3 positions. Either far left in the middle or far right. And of course it is only if you move it manually with your fingers that it has the 3 positions. If you just turn it on, it's half and half whether it smokes to the right or left.

2 Sensors fails:
Sensor error 1: FWD and BKWD unavailable
Sensor error 2: LEFT/RIGHT unavailable
Sensor error 3: UP/DOWN unavailable

Does anyone know if DJI has a DOA policy when the product is already defective when you receive it?  

It must be said that I flew it quite briefly before I discovered the errors :S

Thomas

2023-04-23 00.30.09.jpg
2023-4-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for the issue with your Mavic 3 Classic. Regarding the gimbal issue, could you please try to calibrate the gimbal and check again to see if the gimbal overload issue will disappear? Please also check if there is a need to update the firmware, update/refresh the firmware. Regarding the position issue, would you mind providing a video to us for better confirmation?

For the vision sensors unavailable reminder, just to clarify, this is normal, when the aircraft firmware is v01.00.05.00 or a later version, the aircraft will disable vision sensors when it is on the ground to reduce power consumption. After the propellers rotate, all vision sensors will be enabled. Please rest assured, it is not an issue with the drone.

Please keep us updated on the gimbal issue. Thank you.
2023-4-22
Use props
TT_DK
lvl.1
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 4-22 18:16
Hi there, sorry for the issue with your Mavic 3 Classic. Regarding the gimbal issue, could you please try to calibrate the gimbal and check again to see if the gimbal overload issue will disappear? Please also check if there is a need to update the firmware, update/refresh the firmware. Regarding the position issue, would you mind providing a video to us for better confirmation?

For the vision sensors unavailable reminder, just to clarify, this is normal, when the aircraft firmware is v01.00.05.00 or a later version, the aircraft will disable vision sensors when it is on the ground to reduce power consumption. After the propellers rotate, all vision sensors will be enabled. Please rest assured, it is not an issue with the drone.

Hi Susan,

I have tried to refresh the firmware and have also tried calibration a ton of times.
I have made two videos of what happens when I try.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9ek49lml1pjs8g/2023-04-22%2022.33.51.mp4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0u4s0xkrps6srk/2023-04-23%2000.22.59.mp4?dl=0

Also note that the top of the arm for the gimball gets very hot and it has a burnt smell
2023-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

TT_DK Posted at 4-23 01:20
Hi Susan,

I have tried to refresh the firmware and have also tried calibration a ton of times.

Thanks for the videos provided. In this case, we recommend you submit a case through the link below and send it back for further diagnosis. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-4-23
Use props
TT_DK
lvl.1
Denmark

I'm already considering whether I should just send the drone back to amazon and order a new one because I sense that this is going to be a circus without equal with DJI.
2023-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

TT_DK Posted at 4-23 11:28
I'm already considering whether I should just send the drone back to amazon and order a new one because I sense that this is going to be a circus without equal with DJI.

Sure, you can also contact Amazon for a return/replacement. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.
2023-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules