3696 23 2023-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mini 3 Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208753 ft

Slovenia

I've got DJI mini 3 and RC controller.

RC controller is recognized by DJI assistant 2 with no problem, so I can update firmware and download logs.
But when I try to connect my mini 3 to DJI assistant 2 it won't be recognized. It just opens an File Explorer window, but I can't see it in DJI assistant 2.

I tried with 4 diffefent cables, including original DJI usb-c cable. And I tried on 2 different computers with no success.

2023-4-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what computer are you using? Windows or Mac? Also, can you please try to download the correct version of the software using the link below and see if the issue persists? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2023-4-23
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

To connect the mini3 to DJI Assistant 2, I had to turn the drone on, otherwise it only showed me the sim memory card in it...
2023-4-23
Use props
DJI Mini 3 Pilot
lvl.4

Slovenia

Hi.

@DJI Paladin

I downloaded version for dji mini 3 from this url:

https://www.dji.com/si/mobile/mini-3/downloads?startPoint=0

DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)
Windows Version V2.1.17
2023-03-28

I installed it on 2 different computers, one with windows 10 and one with windows 11.

@Burt37
DJI mini 3 is turned on.

2023-4-23
Use props
DJI Mini 3 Pilot
lvl.4

Slovenia

Hi, I tried with 2 more cables and with one of them DJI assistant recognized my mini 3 (cable for LG G7 phone)
So it works only with 1 of 6 cables, so how do I know which cable to buy now because I want another one which work with mini 3?
2023-4-23
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

I'm not saying this is the case, but there are USB cable out there that are only good for charging and do not carry the signal.. You normally recognise them as the cable is very thin (2 wires only instead of 4) I use the one that came with the drone (short USB) and no problem there. I also use the white one Iphone and the Samsung also with no problem, but I did come across in the past cable that were good only for charging things...

When you buy them, just make sure you ask for a data USB cable, not just a charging cable...

PS

It could be also a lose fitting (you can try to wiggle them a bit) or dirty USB plug...

2023-4-24
Use props
DJI Mini 3 Pilot
lvl.4

Slovenia

The funny thing is that RC controller is recognized with all cables by DJI assistant 2 and I can transfer dat files with no problem.
2023-4-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

DJI Mini 3 Pilot Posted at 4-23 23:47
Hi, I tried with 2 more cables and with one of them DJI assistant recognized my mini 3 (cable for LG G7 phone)
So it works only with 1 of 6 cables, so how do I know which cable to buy now because I want another one which work with mini 3?

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. We're glad that you managed to isolate the issue by switching cables. Please note that the drone can only be connected to a PC when using USB communication cables. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a wonderful day ahead!
2023-5-12
Use props
djiuser_qeuAGNgcnTRw
lvl.1

Colombia

Same problem. Not conect with mini 3. DJI Assistant (CDs) v2.1.18, W10,  original cable. Please help. Thanks for you attention.
2023-5-23
Use props
fans99de646a
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Same problem here too. Using DJI Assistant 2 V2.1.19.8 on Windows 10. Several cables used. All show the DJI RC, but not my Mini 3 aircraft. In file explorer, the Mini 3 shows up as a USB device. I can see photos and videos stored on the onboard micro SD card, so the aircraft has connected with the PC fine. It's just not seen by DJI Assistant 2. Any ideas please?
2023-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans99de646a Posted at 9-19 02:19
Same problem here too. Using DJI Assistant 2 V2.1.19.8 on Windows 10. Several cables used. All show the DJI RC, but not my Mini 3 aircraft. In file explorer, the Mini 3 shows up as a USB device. I can see photos and videos stored on the onboard micro SD card, so the aircraft has connected with the PC fine. It's just not seen by DJI Assistant 2. Any ideas please?

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Please make sure the connected device(remote controller or drone) is powered on. You can also try to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 software.. If it's possible, please try using a different computer. Thank you for your patience. Please keep us posted.
2023-9-19
Use props
fans99de646a
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi DJI Tony, Previous version of Assistant 2 was v2.1.18.8. I download latest version v2.1.19.8 this morning and uninstalled earlier version, then installed latest.. Opened up DJI assistant. and cable inserted into PC ready. Went to drone, powered up and inserted cable into drone just after boot up chirps. Now seems to connect OK. Drone is only 2 months old with very little flying time, so could possibly be due to dirt/newness on contacts or even timing of plugging in the cable to the drone. Either way, it now seems to work... Only thing different in what I was doing previously, was the timing of when I plugged up into the drone....strange. Thanks
2023-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans99de646a Posted at 9-19 03:57
Hi DJI Tony, Previous version of Assistant 2 was v2.1.18.8. I download latest version v2.1.19.8 this morning and uninstalled earlier version, then installed latest.. Opened up DJI assistant. and cable inserted into PC ready. Went to drone, powered up and inserted cable into drone just after boot up chirps. Now seems to connect OK. Drone is only 2 months old with very little flying time, so could possibly be due to dirt/newness on contacts or even timing of plugging in the cable to the drone. Either way, it now seems to work... Only thing different in what I was doing previously, was the timing of when I plugged up into the drone....strange. Thanks

Perfect. I'm glad to know that it's already working well. Please reach back if you need further assistance.    We appreciate your valued support. Have a nice day.
2023-9-19
Use props
dom_lejon
lvl.2

Germany

Problem seems still not to be solved, I just wasted 6h of my life!

DJ Mini 3 Pro with RC controller
iPhone 13 Pro
Firmeware up to date on all devices

I tried ALL work arounds (deactivate mobile data, connect via USB, trough bluetooth) WITHOUT ANY SUCCESS!!!

DIJ Assistant 2 installed and able to see the drone. But no Firmware list can be displayed (all accesses on macbook activated).

Please confirm that this is an unresolved issue! and provide a solution asap.  

1-16 07:06
Use props
_dji_user_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1687385 ft
Estonia

DJI Mini 3 Pilot Posted at 2023-4-24 00:55
The funny thing is that RC controller is recognized with all cables by DJI assistant 2 and I can transfer dat files with no problem.

I also tried several different usb data cables to connect the mini 3 on windows 10. All usb data cables connected to the mini 3 recognized as a memory device (can download from mini 3 photos and videos) but dji assistant did not connect. With only one very short usb data cable, dji assistant v2.1.20 recognized the device.
2-13 05:47
Use props
kohlia
lvl.2
France

Exactly the same here, it worked only 1 time (with dji assistant 2 consumer V2.1.20) , i manage to refresh my dji mini 3 software (as requested for an other issue) but since no more.

My drone is brand new, the cable worked fine (no problem with rc connection, worked one time for updating the drone). My guess it's a software or pilot issue.

what to do ?

2-16 15:00
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

kohlia Posted at 2-16 15:00
Exactly the same here, it worked only 1 time (with dji assistant 2 consumer V2.1.20) , i manage to refresh my dji mini 3 software (as requested for an other issue) but since no more.

My drone is brand new, the cable worked fine (no problem with rc connection, worked one time for updating the drone). My guess it's a software or pilot issue.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please try to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and try to freshly install the version showing on our website to further isolate the issue? Before testing, please make sure to properly install the software on your computer first then run it before plugging in the cable then check if there are any changes. We understand that your cable is working however, if you have an extra cable, please try to use it so we can check it further. Please keep us posted.
2-16 23:51
Use props
kohlia
lvl.2
France

Hi maybe a simple thing to test, i have problems to connect my drone but now it worked with that

Open the Dji assistant, prepare to plug (quickly) you're drone, switch him on and wait for the "bip" of booting, plug him to your computer right at this moment.

i don't know why but done like this it worked, if i wait too long or plug before the "bip" it doesnt...
2-19 10:43
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

kohlia Posted at 2-19 10:43
Hi maybe a simple thing to test, i have problems to connect my drone but now it worked with that

Open the Dji assistant, prepare to plug (quickly) you're drone, switch him on and wait for the "bip" of booting, plug him to your computer right at this moment.

Thank you for your input and for sharing your advice here. We're glad to know that you managed to solve this situation. For additional input, we recommend making sure to download the appropriate version of the DJI Assistant 2 depending on your product and use different cables. However, if the problem persists, you may let us know about it. We're always here to help! Cheers!
2-21 23:55
Use props
kennybike
New

United States

This was really frustrating.  The RC says the drone is up to date when you query.  Nope!  You have to download assistant.  Then you have to plug in the USB at JUST the right time to get assistant to even connect!  And only then can you update the drone, after already updating the RC, so that quickshots and pano show up.  What a convoluted mess.
2-26 18:21
Use props
djiuser_CHZc3viPd8g7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59406 ft
Colombia

The support is super bad
3-21 11:07
Use props
djiuser_CHZc3viPd8g7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59406 ft
Colombia

dom_lejon Posted at 1-16 07:06
Problem seems still not to be solved, I just wasted 6h of my life!

DJ Mini 3 Pro with RC controller

They dont care
3-21 11:26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize if you are having issues with your unit. Please tell us the full details of the issue you experienced so we can help you further. We will wait for your response. We appreciate your valued support.
3-21 20:59
Use props
djiuser_OVdltjIPkLal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 169524 ft

France

Bonjour, j'interviens pour résoudre le problème "le Mini 3  n'est pas détecté par DJI assistance 2", cela est normal puisque il n'a pas de détecteur d'obstacles, assistante 2
sert à étalonner les caméras de détections, donc assistance 2 ne les détecte pas, il reste inactif..
En fait, il n'est actif que pour la version Mini 3 Pro...J-P B.

3-30 01:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules