An example of a video edited manually with LightCut
1497 28 2023-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

This is sort of a 'sequel' or a comparison video of the footage I posted here earlier, showing what kind of an end result you could get with the LightCut AI editing mode. This one I did manually, using the same raw footage as with the AI-edited one.

The result is more of a slow-paced one and longer, but on the other hand, I do think that some scenes here reflect better the ideas I originally had when filming the scenes.

So feel free to give feedback and opinions on both the videos and the editor and it's functions.

2023-4-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pretty steady. Editing seemed fine
2023-4-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems like a nice edit,  but to me it feels a little dark.  
2023-4-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Comparing the two I much prefer the manually edited version.  Great job.  
2023-4-24
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Blériot53 Posted at 4-23 08:01
Pretty steady. Editing seemed fine

Thanks for the feedback
2023-4-24
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 4-23 23:41
Seems like a nice edit,  but to me it feels a little dark.

After checking it again, I have to agree on some of the inside shots being a bit on the dark side. Guess I'll have to pay more attention to that in my further filming. Thanks for the feedback, now I will know better what to consider further.
2023-4-24
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-24 02:44
Comparing the two I much prefer the manually edited version.  Great job.

Thanks for the feedback
2023-4-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 4-24 06:06
Thanks for the feedback

Always a pleasure
2023-4-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 4-24 06:08
Thanks for the feedback

You're most welcome.  Keep up the amazing work and  I hope you have a wonderful week.
2023-4-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 4-24 06:07
After checking it again, I have to agree on some of the inside shots being a bit on the dark side. Guess I'll have to pay more attention to that in my further filming. Thanks for the feedback, now I will know better what to consider further.

Maybe you can tweak that in the edit.
2023-4-24
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-24 09:56
You're most welcome.  Keep up the amazing work and  I hope you have a wonderful week.

Thanks, you too! I hope your recovery is advancing well
2023-4-25
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 4-24 22:33
Maybe you can tweak that in the edit.

Yes, that should be possible to some extent. Probably another one thing to put on the "things to learn in DaVinci Resolve" list ;)
2023-4-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 4-25 00:24
Thanks, you too! I hope your recovery is advancing well

You're welcome.  I'm recovering quite well, in fact after today I only have 3 more days of physical therapy.  I have full range of motion and the strength back now so I should get released this Friday.  I'm all set to get back to scuba diving and hopefully that will be this weekend.
2023-4-25
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-25 03:32
You're welcome.  I'm recovering quite well, in fact after today I only have 3 more days of physical therapy.  I have full range of motion and the strength back now so I should get released this Friday.  I'm all set to get back to scuba diving and hopefully that will be this weekend.

Fantastic to hear that, I hope you'll soon get to do all the usual things you love
2023-4-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 4-25 10:23
Fantastic to hear that, I hope you'll soon get to do all the usual things you love

Again, thanks for the well wishes.  I'm anxious to get back to doing things like I could before the broken clavicle.
2023-4-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 4-25 00:27
Yes, that should be possible to some extent. Probably another one thing to put on the "things to learn in DaVinci Resolve" list ;)

That should be fairly simple I think in DV.
2023-4-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

So this is 'your' take (manually edited?)
2023-4-27
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-25 11:57
Again, thanks for the well wishes.  I'm anxious to get back to doing things like I could before the broken clavicle.

I'm sure you'll be able to enjoy them the way you did before.
2023-4-28
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 4-25 23:47
That should be fairly simple I think in DV.

I'll have to see where the adjustment is located. Luckily, it is very easy to find how-to -tutorials for Resolve on YouTube and other sites.
2023-4-28
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 4-27 23:19
So this is 'your' take (manually edited?)

Yes, I thought the AI editor did do some cuts a bit early, so I thought I'd give those scenes some more room. It is a somewhat more slow-paced result, but on the other hand, I think not everything has to go lightning-fast.
2023-4-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 4-28 09:01
I'm sure you'll be able to enjoy them the way you did before.

Good news is I finished up physical therapy today and got a thumbs up from my Primary Care Physician.  Unfortunately, we have thunderstorms today so going to have to wait until tomorrow to take a dive.  I'm going to make it a short one as it's been a while since I've had weight on my shoulders and the tanks are quite heavy until I'm in the water.  
2023-4-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 4-28 09:05
Yes, I thought the AI editor did do some cuts a bit early, so I thought I'd give those scenes some more room. It is a somewhat more slow-paced result, but on the other hand, I think not everything has to go lightning-fast.

I agree on that one!
2023-4-29
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-28 13:30
Good news is I finished up physical therapy today and got a thumbs up from my Primary Care Physician.  Unfortunately, we have thunderstorms today so going to have to wait until tomorrow to take a dive.  I'm going to make it a short one as it's been a while since I've had weight on my shoulders and the tanks are quite heavy until I'm in the water.

I hope you managed to get it going alright.
2023-5-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 5-1 06:57
I hope you managed to get it going alright.

Got in a short dive on Saturday and then a long dive on Sunday.  Sunday my grandson and I went to a local lake and the water was super clear.  While diving he found an old tackle box that was a bit crusted on the outside but perfectly dry on the inside.  Lots of new lures and fishing accessories inside.  I'm guessing somebody dropped it over the side of a fishing boat and they couldn't find it.  Appears it has been down for a while and unfortunately no contact info on the inside of the box to try and return.  All in all a great dive and I enjoyed getting to make bubbles again.
2023-5-1
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-1 13:08
Got in a short dive on Saturday and then a long dive on Sunday.  Sunday my grandson and I went to a local lake and the water was super clear.  While diving he found an old tackle box that was a bit crusted on the outside but perfectly dry on the inside.  Lots of new lures and fishing accessories inside.  I'm guessing somebody dropped it over the side of a fishing boat and they couldn't find it.  Appears it has been down for a while and unfortunately no contact info on the inside of the box to try and return.  All in all a great dive and I enjoyed getting to make bubbles again.

Sounds like you really had a blast. So delighted to hear that.
2023-5-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 5-2 10:48
Sounds like you really had a blast. So delighted to hear that.

Thanks.  Turned out to be a wonderful day.  Guess that made all that rehab work well worth the effort.  
2023-5-2
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-2 12:34
Thanks.  Turned out to be a wonderful day.  Guess that made all that rehab work well worth the effort.

Yes, and I am sure you will experience many more great adventures besides that one, having the ability back thanks to the rehab
2023-5-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 5-2 12:41
Yes, and I am sure you will experience many more great adventures besides that one, having the ability back thanks to the rehab

I'm just glad I didn't have to have my clavicle surgically repaired as that increases the length of rehab and sometimes other complications arise.  Anyway, I'm going to make up for lost time now and not look back.  
2023-5-2
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-2 13:13
I'm just glad I didn't have to have my clavicle surgically repaired as that increases the length of rehab and sometimes other complications arise.  Anyway, I'm going to make up for lost time now and not look back.

Enjoy to your heart's content, you deserve it after what you've been through
2023-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules