Compass calibration
1645 11 2023-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_q22u9L5jDycP
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16539475 ft
United States

When I go to calibrate compass on the dji rc it just instantly says calibration complete. It doesn't let me move it around to calibrate. So when I'm flying mini 3 pro the direction that the rc points is about 35 to 160 degrees off from the direction the drone is pointing.
2023-4-23
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The compass calibrate routine is performed in the aircraft, it has no connection to to the RC display, to get the aircraft pointing the correct way on the display, you have to calibrate the compass in your phone.
2023-4-23
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 4-23 14:47
The compass calibrate routine is performed in the aircraft, it has no connection to to the RC display, to get the aircraft pointing the correct way on the display, you have to calibrate the compass in your phone.

There is also a compass calibration for the controller.
2023-4-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_q22u9L5jDycP. Thank you for reaching out. When the compass status is normal, after tapping “Start Calibration,” a warning stating “Calibration is successful”/"Calibration Succeeded" is immediately displayed, and no calibration action is required. If there is a compass error that needs calibration, a calibration prompt will appear on the DJI RC. At this point, please follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate the compass.
2023-4-23
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Mobilehomer Posted at 4-23 16:12

I also think that's what the OP meant or doesn't know how to do it....   
2023-4-24
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

frankymusik Posted at 4-24 06:42
I also think that's what the OP meant or doesn't know how to do it....

My repliy was to Geebax. He might not know that the RC and drone both have a compass.
2023-4-24
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mobilehomer Posted at 4-23 16:12

Yes you’re right but it works as Gamora said. So he’s good to go.
2023-4-24
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

A long time ago I managed to do this with an external magnet...

If you hold it against the RC and then try to calibrate, it will be disturbed at first and then you can try again (without this magnet) and  then it usually works...
2023-4-24
Use props
djiuser_q22u9L5jDycP
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16539475 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-23 19:38
Hi, djiuser_q22u9L5jDycP. Thank you for reaching out. When the compass status is normal, after tapping “Start Calibration,” a warning stating “Calibration is successful”/"Calibration Succeeded" is immediately displayed, and no calibration action is required. If there is a compass error that needs calibration, a calibration prompt will appear on the DJI RC. At this point, please follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate the compass.

Ok that makes sense. Thank you. And have a great day.
2023-4-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_q22u9L5jDycP Posted at 4-26 01:37
Ok that makes sense. Thank you. And have a great day.

You're welcome, djiuser_q22u9L5jDycP. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us again here at DJI Forum.
2023-4-27
Use props
James Baker
New

United Kingdom

Mine requires compass calibration and wont let it take off. I do the compass calibration says complete back to the screen says failed and won't work. Also I don't want to use the motion controller with the drone I want to use the normal controller but it won't let me, why not ?
2-27 11:36
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

James Baker Posted at 2-27 11:36
Mine requires compass calibration and wont let it take off. I do the compass calibration says complete back to the screen says failed and won't work. Also I don't want to use the motion controller with the drone I want to use the normal controller but it won't let me, why not ?

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Please ensure that there is no chance of strong magnetic interference, such as magnetite, parking structures, or steel reinforcements underground in the location. Also, make sure not to carry ferromagnetic materials with you during calibration, such as keys or cellular phones, or do not calibrate beside large metal objects. Have a nice day.
2-27 21:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules