716 3 2023-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AIRWORKS.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5872635 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I’ve got a inspire 2 only a few months old but I have an older cendence and crystalsky with patch antenna, the inspire is always connected fine but I keep getting the video feed dropping out goes off then if I wait for a bit then it comes back on, anyone know what might be causing this?
2023-4-23
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

Weak signal, not pointing the patch antenna directly at the aircraft, EM interference among other things.

First thing Id recommend, if you have them, is to take off the patch antenna and put on the 2 normal aerials. The patch does slightly better signal wise if you point the flat of it straight at the aircraft but in general has worse performance than if you had the normal aerials on otherwise. In my experience anyway. I had it for several months and found it poor. the aerials are better but its still not fantastic.

The other thing I found is that often my video signal performed better when I was using an iPad or android phone instead of the cendence. Why I am not sure, but it is something I have found. Possibly better processing power as it is something that the Cendence struggles with.
2023-4-24
Use props
AIRWORKS.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5872635 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Thankyou Mike for takin the time to write this I think I do have the original antennas somewhere, I might try  and put them on and see if that helps.  It’s strange because it never used to do it but maybe with new updates the old crystal sky is struggling a bit now like you mentioned.  
2023-4-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please have a test flight on the same location and use a mobile device with a DJI Go 4 app on it to see if the issue is the same? In addition, you may refer to Mike's response about changing the patch antenna's to the original one to see if there are any changes. Please let us know the updates after you tested it. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules