Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

[size=1.3]Alaska

I had three waypoint files saved in my Mavic 3. Today I went to repeat one of the routes and the waypoint files were gone. The only thing that I have done unusual was to use a different controller at one point, but I did not finish pairing/binding it. When I came back to use my Mavic 3 it forced me to pair it again. The 3 waypoint files were gone. Do you think this pairing of the original controller Had something to do with the loss of way points or are there other conditions that cause the waypoint file to be lost?

2023-4-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, digibud. Thank you for reaching out. May we know the previous controller model and the current controller? If one of the controllers is the controller with the built-in app, the waypoint task will be saved on the app only.
2023-4-23
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

It's really very annoying that until now there is no option to save the waypoint missions to another "disk" for backup...   
2023-4-23
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-23 19:10
Hi, digibud. Thank you for reaching out. May we know the previous controller model and the current controller? If one of the controllers is the controller with the built-in app, the waypoint task will be saved on the app only.

The problem is with an RC-N1 connected to an iPad 12.9".    Over the last few months DJI Fly has been crashing while I fly once or twice during any 10-15minute flight so I finally deleted and reinstalled the DJI Fly app recently from my iPad which is what I use  most often with the RC-N1.  I was considering using the RC controller that I got with my Mini 3 Pro but when it told me I could use it 5 times before binding I backed out and did not use it.  A day or so later I went to my waypoints and found they were gone. If they were stored on the iPad that would explain it. I agree it would be good to be able to back them up and reinstall them.  Let me know if you need any more information. thanks
2023-4-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

digibud Posted at 4-24 07:29
The problem is with an RC-N1 connected to an iPad 12.9".    Over the last few months DJI Fly has been crashing while I fly once or twice during any 10-15minute flight so I finally deleted and reinstalled the DJI Fly app recently from my iPad which is what I use  most often with the RC-N1.  I was considering using the RC controller that I got with my Mini 3 Pro but when it told me I could use it 5 times before binding I backed out and did not use it.  A day or so later I went to my waypoints and found they were gone. If they were stored on the iPad that would explain it. I agree it would be good to be able to back them up and reinstall them.  Let me know if you need any more information. thanks
Hi, digibud. You may use the DJI RC from the Mini 3 Pro with the Mavic 3, kindly unbind and bind it to be able to use it for more than 5 times or normally.

Regarding the RC-N1, what is your iPad iOS system? If your iPad iOS system is iOS 15 or later, it is not recommended to use it with DJI Fly. If you have urgent recording tasks, we recommend that you try an iPad with a system version prior to iPadOS 15 or an Android mobile device to avoid disconnection issues. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-4-27
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-27 07:50
Hi, digibud. You may use the DJI RC from the Mini 3 Pro with the Mavic 3, kindly unbind and bind it to be able to use it for more than 5 times or normally.

Regarding the RC-N1, what is your iPad iOS system? If your iPad iOS system is iOS 15 or later, it is not recommended to use it with DJI Fly. If you have urgent recording tasks, we recommend that you try an iPad with a system version prior to iPadOS 15 or an Android mobile device to avoid disconnection issues. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I'm bummed out regarding the iPad. It's my preferred device. Sorry to hear that. Can I assume using my iPhone with the most recent iOS is still recommended?
2023-4-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

digibud Posted at 4-27 08:19
I'm bummed out regarding the iPad. It's my preferred device. Sorry to hear that. Can I assume using my iPhone with the most recent iOS is still recommended?

Hi, digibud. Yes, iPhone iOS 11.0 or above should work fine with DJI Fly. Please try and download the app from this link: (https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly).
2023-4-29
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-29 04:48
Hi, digibud. Yes, iPhone iOS 11.0 or above should work fine with DJI Fly. Please try and download the app from this link: (https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly).

thanks. I assume you're updating your earlier admonishment that there would be a problem with iOS 16 so I appreciate that timely correction.  I updated via the Apple Store and thus far have had no further instances of the app quitting. Thanks again.
2023-4-29
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-27 07:50

I found that until I unbound the RC-N1 my Motion Controller 2 would not pair.  I'll continue to play with this. Having to go into the menus and unbind as opposed to just hitting buttons to pair makes a huge difference if I am out flying and I want to swap the controller for a flight or two. We'll see.
2023-4-30
Use props
jh_senator
lvl.1
Flight distance : 212388 ft
Germany

I have a DJI Mavic 3 with RC-Pro controller. Entering waypoints on the small screen of the RC-Pro is very error-prone and frustrating. Is there any software I can use to enter waypoints on a desktop computer or iPad and then transfer them to the RC-Pro controller? Or is there a way to transfer the waypoint files to the RC-Pro controller from the DJI Fly app on the iPad?
2023-4-30
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

jh_senator Posted at 4-30 08:52
I have a DJI Mavic 3 with RC-Pro controller. Entering waypoints on the small screen of the RC-Pro is very error-prone and frustrating. Is there any software I can use to enter waypoints on a desktop computer or iPad and then transfer them to the RC-Pro controller? Or is there a way to transfer the waypoint files to the RC-Pro controller from the DJI Fly app on the iPad?

you can absolutely use the ipad and zoom in as you need before entering a waypoint...
2023-4-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

digibud Posted at 4-29 06:45
thanks. I assume you're updating your earlier admonishment that there would be a problem with iOS 16 so I appreciate that timely correction.  I updated via the Apple Store and thus far have had no further instances of the app quitting. Thanks again.

You're most welcome, digibud. Thank you also for the update on the RCs. Should you need further assistance please don't hesitate to reach us again here at DJI Forum.
2023-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules