643 0 2023-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was sorting logs out yesterday and matching DATs to their .txts. I recollect I have encountered this problem before.
There are actually several niggling issues. My drones are not necessarily on the most up to date firmware and I am NOT going to up date them. From the perspective of flying them what I currently have works and I prefer to leave well alone.

Issue 1) some of the drones record two DATs for each flight, one DAT's timestamp is in the 24hour clock e.g. 19-51-46, the other other is in the 12hour clock e.g. 07-51-46. Additionally one DAT has a two digit year stamp e.g. 22-02-31, and the other DAT has a four digit year stamp e.g. 2022-02-31. I do not remember what way around the combination is. The date / time separator also differs i.e. - vs _ . Has anyone else come across this or anything like it? I vaguely recollect coming across something that might have suggested that this 24 vs 12 thing might be down to how the person who wrote the code 'specified/defined' the overall date/timestamp but that is a very vague recollection.

Issue 2) and the reason for the post/thread.
Due to the above I find it easier to, in the folder on the computer that is holding the logs, sort the DATs and txt logs by a 'date' column (Windows) of the files' attributes.
Yesterday, in some of the logs, there was an approximately 1 hour difference between the log names' time stamp and the "attributes' " timestamps.
Given that this is the first time, this year, that I have sorted new logs since the GMT to BST time change, it occurred to me that this might be due to the time change. I do not know with certainty which time stamps, ( log-name vs " 'date'-column" ) are correct.

I guess windows copies some file attributes from the phone when it moves the logs from the phone to the computer, note guess. I am not sure if this discrepency is a windows problem or an App problem, so.......if I have adequately explained what I am seeing......

Question, is there something in the App programming that stays/sticks with GMT when writing the attributes of a log?

2023-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules