Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Newport Dave
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1534416 ft
  • >>>
United States

Greetings,

I am attempting to create a "Flight route" in Pilot 2.  My goal is a repeatable video fly-around of a site for a progression time-lapse.

So far I have been able to:
  • Program the waypoints - They SAVE fine.
  • Set the "Yaw" to the POI - which it flies smoothly and flawlessly. FWIW: You MUST drop the POI in each time you load the flight route, it will not save it. I do not see any option to adjust the height of the POI.

Unfortunately, there does not seem to be an option to set "Gimbal pitch" to POI. The only options are: "Manual", or "For each waypoint". "Manual" is not ideal and "for each waypoint", locks the gimbal at 0 degrees (Or whatever was set).

Am I missing something?

And there is NO option for coupling waypoints and POI in Flight Hub 2. Don't get me started on that can-o-worms...

ANY adult supervision would be most appreciated.

Cheers.
2023-4-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Thank you for your inquiry. I will consult with our engineers first.
2023-4-25
Use props
Newport Dave
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-25 01:55
Hello, there. Thank you for your inquiry. I will consult with our engineers first.

I look forward to hearing back from you...
2023-4-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Newport Dave Posted at 4-25 14:22

Once they replied to me, I will update here.
2023-4-26
Use props
fans3a95e497
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1710978 ft
  • >>>
United States

I need the same waypoint features for the same reason.  I like to do those orbits after a mapping job as well.  Also I would like to be able to do bracketed exposures.  Sometimes in bright sunshine I could use it for some oblique images of the site.  Not sure why that isnt a camera function.  It is pretty basic.
2023-4-28
Use props
Newport Dave
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans3a95e497 Posted at 4-28 17:38
I need the same waypoint features for the same reason.  I like to do those orbits after a mapping job as well.  Also I would like to be able to do bracketed exposures.  Sometimes in bright sunshine I could use it for some oblique images of the site.  Not sure why that isnt a camera function.  It is pretty basic.

A bracket option would be excellent! I'd like to have my "Zebras" back.  Thanks for the reply, I was beginning to think I was the only person on the planet trying to automate these "Fly-arounds".  For stills, the workaround is live-record the flight path and adjust the gimbal at each individual waypoint, as you set them. One and done!
2023-4-30
Use props
Newport Dave
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

https://aguyandadrone.wistia.com/medias/nywnguesd5
Update on POI issue.  

Looks like the POI does save but when editing waypoint may need to be re-set. Seems to be intermittent. Attached is a test video on the waypoint "yaw" tracking. (Tracking the gazebo, NOT the construction site.) Gimbal is manually set at -35 degrees for all 13 waypoints. Setting different angles makes it jump at each change.  

Like I said before it does a nice job. It does drift when the waypoints get close together and the POI is too close to the drone. BUT. it does it smoothly.  Now if we can get the other half of the equation: The gimbal also tracking the POI as well, (Like the M3C) we'll be styling!

C'mon DJI, you can do it!

2023-4-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Newport Dave Posted at 4-25 14:22

Sorry for the late response. Here is the response:
1. After adding a POI, save the route to save the POI, but if you enter the edit again, you need to add the POI again, and the height of the POI cannot be set at present

2. If you want to set the pitch angle of the gimbal during flight, it is recommended to add the gimbal Pitch angle in the waypoint. DJI FlightHub 2 does not support setting POI at the moment.
2023-5-6
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

Newport Dave Posted at 4-30 09:27
https://aguyandadrone.wistia.com/medias/nywnguesd5/preview[/media]
Update on POI issue.  

your link doesn't work, requires login.
2023-5-8
Use props
Newport Dave
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

gulfpre Posted at 5-8 10:43
your link doesn't work, requires login.

Corrected link, Thank you.
2023-5-8
Use props
Newport Dave
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-6 05:44
Sorry for the late response. Here is the response:
1. After adding a POI, save the route to save the POI, but if you enter the edit again, you need to add the POI again, and the height of the POI cannot be set at present

Wanda,

Thank you for your reply...

It unfortunately just confirms the issues that I raised. Perhaps a solution would be appropriate?  As usual, we will patiently wait for a firmware update and hope the issues are addressed. (AND our flight routes aren't wiped out in the upgrade.)

There is no real excuse for an "Enterprise level" drone having fewer capabilities than the consumer drones in the same category. I sincerely hope your engineers and marketing dept. are listening to the feedback you are getting concerning your "unfinished" software.  

As loyal as I am to DJI, at some point, your customers are going to take a hard look at your competitors next time they invest in an upgrade.

Regards.
2023-5-8
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

Newport Dave Posted at 5-8 12:05
Corrected link, Thank you.

Awesome - thanks!
2023-5-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Newport Dave Posted at 5-8 12:16
Wanda,

Sorry for the late response. We will forward your request to our engineers for evaluation. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-5-13
Use props
Happy Barn Rat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1061644 ft
Canada

Newport Dave Posted at 5-8 12:16
Wanda,

I agree with Dave. When I first started testing the POI feature on my M3E, I could not believe you could not set the height of the POI. This seems a bit ridiculous that this feature is missing. The POI workflow in Pilot 2 and the M3E is not fun especially trying to edit this workflow on site in front of your client.
2023-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules