DJi Wireless Mic Bad Sound
2305 11 2023-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
9mm
lvl.1

United States

I monitor sound with my Sony headphones through my camera's port (not the DJI headphone jack) while i shoot. I watch the levels the whole time, making sure they stay around -12db. When I get back to the studio and check the sound everything is great. And then right in the middle of the shoot, there are several clips that have terrible sound. The audio sounds exactly like the camera's intermal mic, that kind of hollow, echoey, crappy camera intermal microphone sound.

Since I manually hit "record" on the DJI receiver before every shot, when I go back and retrieve that audio directly from the transmitter, it too sounds terrible, like the on camera mic. I can't, for the life of me, figure out what is happening here. This has happened a half dozen times and it's completely random. The audio from clips shot before and after the bad audio sound fine. Furthermore, I don't hear the drop in sound quality when I'm monitoring with headphones while shooting, nor do I see any dip in the levels.

This is frustrating and devastating for professional shoots. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2023-4-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please send us the video clip to further verify the issue?
2023-4-24
Use props
9mm
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for your reply. The link is attached. In it you'll find five files that came straight off of the transmitter. "DJI_31xxx.wav" through "DJI_35xxx.wav" These are all recorded in sequence from a single shoot that spanned 75 minutes. #31 and #35 sound great. The audio is perfect. The files in between, however, are bad. I didn't do anything different with my configuration. I'm shooting on a Sony FX3. The DJI receiver is plugged directly into the 3.5mm jack on the FX3.dropbox link
2023-4-24
Use props
9mm
lvl.1

United States

Sorry, I'm not sure if the link worked so I'm re-sending. link
2023-4-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

9mm Posted at 4-24 21:15
Sorry, I'm not sure if the link worked so I'm re-sending. link

Sorry, but I can not see the link here. You may resend it to me in PM. Thanks.
2023-4-24
Use props
9mm
lvl.1

United States

Just sent.
2023-4-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Thank you so much. I have escalated your issue to our engineers. We will update here once we get their response.
2023-4-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. We received the response. We will put it below:
1. According to the video provided, it is preliminarily ruled out that there may be interference during the use of the DJI MIC. Please confirm whether the position of the DJI MIC has changed during the shooting process. And whether TX and RX are blocked.
2. Please confirm that, whether there was a device that used the 2.4GHZ frequency band when recording. If so, it is recommended to adjust the frequency band to avoid  affecting the audio transmission
3. Confirm whether the DJI MIC firmware version is the latest one. If not, please upgrade it.
4. Reset DJI MIC to factory settings, and then record again to see if the issue still persists.
2023-4-26
Use props
9mm
lvl.1

United States

The reason I sent five files was to show that the bad audio happened in a sequence in time where the audio was good on the first take, then bad on three subsequent takes, and then good again on the last take. Nothing changed in the position of the transmitter or receiver. It's in a kitchen where the transmitter and receiver are six feet apart. The only electronic devices around is the oven and cell phones that aren't in use. I will update the firmware and reset the mics to factory settings but please elaborate on "whether TX and RX are blocked" as I don't know what that means.
2023-4-26
Use props
9mm
lvl.1

United States

Nevermind, I looked it up. You're just saying make sure that the transmitter and receiver signals are not being blocked by a 2.4GHz signal, correct? Is it possible that cell phones can be causing this?
2023-4-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

9mm Posted at 4-26 07:04
Nevermind, I looked it up. You're just saying make sure that the transmitter and receiver signals are not being blocked by a 2.4GHz signal, correct? Is it possible that cell phones can be causing this?

We are sorry for the confusion caused. We want to confirm if there is anything between the transmitter and receiver that may block the transmission signal. And If there are cell phones using the 2.4GHZ frequency band, we recommend you change the frequency band or get them away from the transmitter and receiver in case they affect the transmission.
2023-4-26
Use props
Alpha_DJI
lvl.2
Australia

Cell phone dont use 2.4 GHZ... They use Mhz.... please google the reason why cellphone use long wavelength..... come on mate. its general knowledge especially when you are trying to help a customer here.....
2023-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules