1399 5 2023-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pedzsan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 153625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought a DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 back in 10/31/2022 and I am just now getting around to trying to use it.  Notice that I purchased this controller AFTER the Avata had been released.  It was unavailable for a while after the Avata was released and I finally got one a few months after its release.

I updated all the firmware in the Avata, the DJI Motion Controller it came with and the batteries.  I'm now trying to link the new FPV Remote controller to the Avata and it won’t link.

The web page says to get the DJI Assistant 2.  The first problem is there are 12 different versions from “(Consumer Drone Series)” to “For Auto Pilot” and all sorts in between.

I’m on an M1 Mac running Ventura.  I also have an older Intel Mac running Monterey.

I got what I assumed was the latest version first which is called DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series).  Avata was listed so I thought it was the best choice.  When I installed it on the M1 Mac running Ventura I did not see anything about installing the driver pop up.  The instructions talk about “System Preferences” but that has been changed to “System Settings…” in Ventura.  “Security & Privacy” has been changed to “Privacy and Security” and there is no “General” tab anymore.  Thus, I can’t find the place to allow Joshua Wise as a developer.

When I reboot and run DJI Assistant 2, connect the FPV controller via USB-C to the Mac, it doesn’t find it.

I then tried the DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) version on the M1 Mac and had the same results.

I moved to an older Intel based Mac running Monterey.  On the first install of the software, I did see a pop up telling me a foreign driver had been loaded and I needed to give it permission.  But I still didn’t see anything in System Preferences.  I tried both of the Assistant 2 versions (the ones labeled “FVP Series” and the “Consumer Drone Series”) and had similar results.  Nothing to allow Joshua as a developer any place and the software doesn’t see the controller when it is plugged in.

Added to this, on both systems, if I get into System Information and look under Disabled Software, I see the driver that needs to be enabled.

Also note that at the end of the Consumer Drone Series version install, it does not have the image of what the General tab should look like as the FPV Series version does.

All in all, this is a horrible piece of software and unprecedented unprofessionalism on the part of DJI.

Oh… also, both Macs complain that the software has not been properly signed.

DJI needs to properly sign the software that it delivers on its web site.  And, for that matter, it should not deliver Mac software on its web site but through the App Store.  Not only does the software not work, it exposes its customers to bad practices by allowing random people to install software on their computers.

At this point, I’m stuck.  I believe I need to update the firmware on my FPV Controller in order for it to connect to my Avata but I have no way to update the firmware.

I will also point out that requiring the software to be 100% up to date just to connect seems like a horribly weak design.  I can think of methods that would require a simpler process to update the firmware on the controller as well as a more universal way to have controllers and drones link to each other without requiring the latest firmware or even vaguely up to date firmware.  It just isn’t that hard a problem.

2023-4-25
Use props
pedzsan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 153625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I now have gotten the software so that my DJI RC Pro controller that came with my DJI Mavic 3 Cine is recognized by DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) but the FPV Controller is still not seen by the Mac or DJI Assistant 2.  This controller has never been linked and I'm wondering if that is part of the problem or if this controller is bad and I just need to send it back.
2023-4-26
Use props
curtiseinsmann
lvl.1

United States

The problems you've described are exactly what I'm experiencing. Trying to connect my DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 to my MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max running Ventura 13.2.1. I've tried different cables and ports. The controller is not recognized by the Mac, or any flavor of the DJI Assistant 2 software installations.

Were you able to get any flavor of DJI Assistant 2 installed on your Mac to recognize the remote controller?

2023-7-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

curtiseinsmann Posted at 7-25 12:40
The problems you've described are exactly what I'm experiencing. Trying to connect my DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 to my MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max running Ventura 13.2.1. I've tried different cables and ports. The controller is not recognized by the Mac, or any flavor of the DJI Assistant 2 software installations.

Hi there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Have you already tried using the DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series)? or tried using a different computer perhaps?
2023-7-26
Use props
curtiseinsmann
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 7-26 01:43
Hi there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Have you already tried using the DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series)? or tried using a different computer perhaps?

I was able to figure it out. I hadn't turned on my remote controller correctly. I thought it was on because there were blinking green lights. But it wasn't actually on. I had to do a single press of the power button, immediately followed by a long press.

I felt stupid after realizing that this was the problem. But I am completely new to all of this, and for some reason these exact steps weren't communicated to me when I talked to support. Maybe somebody will come across this comment and have the same solution.

I got it to work and updated the firmware with the DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV Series).
2023-7-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

curtiseinsmann Posted at 7-26 20:49
I was able to figure it out. I hadn't turned on my remote controller correctly. I thought it was on because there were blinking green lights. But it wasn't actually on. I had to do a single press of the power button, immediately followed by a long press.

I felt stupid after realizing that this was the problem. But I am completely new to all of this, and for some reason these exact steps weren't communicated to me when I talked to support. Maybe somebody will come across this comment and have the same solution.

Awesome. Everyone was new at some point but I'm glad the issue was already figured out. This thread will be very informative to the other users. You can also refer to the following link to learn more about the FPV RC 2: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... er_2_User_Guide.pdf. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules