Incompatible firmware error - code 30224
3573 12 2023-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alfredo22
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi everyone,

After having read so many threads and visited so many websites about this error i turn to this forum hoping to find some help. It has been almost two month i cannot use my DJI mini 2 and i cant find any solution to the problem.

I took a screenshot of the error 30224 i get and the firmware version. For some reason my drone doesnt connect to any computer, with or without SD in it. when plugging to the computer it just doesnt stop blinking yellow, then red if i touch it. Should i try to return it ? only used it a few hours but feels like this could be fixed by some kind of update.

Would really appreciate any feedback!

Kind regards
Alfred

error msg

error msg

error msg

error msg
2023-4-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. About this sentence, would you please confirm which status is the indicator light?
when plugging to the computer it just doesnt stop blinking yellow, then red if i touch it. Should i try to return it ?
You may refer to the User Manual (P13)
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual-EN.pdf
2023-4-25
Use props
Alfredo22
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-25 20:04
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. About this sentence, would you please confirm which status is the indicator light?
when plugging to the computer it just doesnt stop blinking yellow, then red if i touch it. Should i try to return it ?
You may refer to the User Manual (P13)

Hello there,

I read the manual yes, blincking yellow should stop when connected to remote, and i should be able to see the drone on the computer but it doesnt work on any. Any solution for this firmware update issue that could be useful?

Thks for the help.
2023-4-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Alfredo22 Posted at 4-27 14:27
Hello there,

I read the manual yes, blincking yellow should stop when connected to remote, and i should be able to see the drone on the computer but it doesnt work on any. Any solution for this firmware update issue that could be useful?

Hi there, here are the troubleshooting steps for your reference:
1. Ensure the previous firmware update is completed and successful;
2. Re-launch the App and check if there is firmware update required as well.
3. Update it again while ensuring the network is available and the connection between the aircraft and the remote controller (and the mobile device) is stable;
4. Clear the cache in the [profile] – [settings] – [clear cache] – [delete firmware package] and retry the step 2.3;
5. After backing up related photos and videos using the app, uninstall the app, and then install it again. Mount and start up the aircraft and the remote controller. Then, connect it again.

As for the DJI Assistant 2 issue, please download the latest version through this link and check again. https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2023-4-29
Use props
Jim Thomas2
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-29 01:36
Hi there, here are the troubleshooting steps for your reference:
1. Ensure the previous firmware update is completed and successful;
2. Re-launch the App and check if there is firmware update required as well.

I also have a Mini 2 and am struggling with Firmware Error Code 30224.  Followed every instruction wasting hours with this issue. Most confusing are the below [delete firmware package] instructions. I see no such option on the mobile app (Android or iPhone).  Have attempted this fix using the DJI Assistant 2 application on Windows 10, but it will not connect to the drone. With or without the SD card.

Furthermore, this appears to be an issue dating back at least three years, with little to no improvements to the prescribed fixes or help.   #dissapointed

4. Clear the cache in the [profile] – [settings] – [clear cache] – [delete firmware package] and retry the step 2.3;
2023-5-21
Use props
Jim Thomas2
New

United States

Were you able to resolve this issue?  It seems they don't want to admit that there is no fix on the user end if the firmware is corrupt.  Hopefully, I am wrong.
2023-5-21
Use props
Alfredo22
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi, i've kept on trying until recently, where i just gave up. I wasted too much time trying to find a solution which is very frustrating considering money spent as well.
2023-5-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jim Thomas2 Posted at 5-21 17:40
I also have a Mini 2 and am struggling with Firmware Error Code 30224.  Followed every instruction wasting hours with this issue. Most confusing are the below [delete firmware package] instructions. I see no such option on the mobile app (Android or iPhone).  Have attempted this fix using the DJI Assistant 2 application on Windows 10, but it will not connect to the drone. With or without the SD card.

Furthermore, this appears to be an issue dating back at least three years, with little to no improvements to the prescribed fixes or help.   #dissapointed

Sorry for the inconvenience, the firmware cache clear option is integrated to Clear App Cache, kindly use this option instead.

Besides, for connecting the drone to the DJI Assistant 2, you have downloaded the latest version V2.1.18 from our official website, right? Could you please try to use another computer or cable to connect again? And does the computer recognize the connection when the drone is connected?
2023-5-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jim Thomas2 Posted at 5-21 17:50
Were you able to resolve this issue?  It seems they don't want to admit that there is no fix on the user end if the firmware is corrupt.  Hopefully, I am wrong.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. Could you please confirm the drone model you are using? And you also received the 30224 after updating the firmware, right?
2023-5-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Alfredo22 Posted at 5-22 01:36
Hi, i've kept on trying until recently, where i just gave up. I wasted too much time trying to find a solution which is very frustrating considering money spent as well.

Deeply sorry for the inconvenience, if the error message persists after firmware update, you may send the drone back to us so we can help to diagnosis further and repair it.
Please click https://www.dji.com/service/repair to start an online repair case.
2023-5-22
Use props
djiuser_CfrFbeHa0o52
New

Australia

does the same go for the dji air 2s when it comes to the firmware problem 30224 when it comes to the firmware problem 30224
2023-7-3
Use props
djiuser_CfrFbeHa0o52
New

Australia

does the same go for the dji air 2s when it comes to the firmware problem 30224 when it comes to the firmware problem 30224
2023-7-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_CfrFbeHa0o52 Posted at 7-3 16:16

Hi there, the error message means that the firmware is inconsistent. May I know if you encounter the same issue?
For Air 2S users, if they have this error on the app, and they have multiple batteries, they will need to make sure to update the firmware along with all the batteries by replacing the batteries and updating the firmware. Users may also try to use DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware and check again.
Please let me know if you are experiencing the case and see if the suggestion above solves your issue.
2023-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules