Transfer cached files?
2052 6 2023-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hatrack
lvl.1

United States

Can you transfer cached files on the RC to your mobile device. If so, how?
2023-4-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes you can. How? I connected my phone to my computer via USB cable and transferred the cached videos via that cable.
However I would ask why do you want to?
I just wanted to see what they looked like on the computer but if I wanted the actual video I would take the video from the mSD card in the drone, the cached video are a low resolution backup in case the drone and card are lost.
2023-4-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello, the video saved in the remote controller by using the “Cache video when recording” function is mainly used to quickly preview the lens movement effect at a low definition. If you need to edit or share the video, we recommend that you use the video file in the internal storage or the aircraft microSD card. If you are referring to the DJI RC, you may have a copy of the cache files on this path: SD Card/Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/MediaCaches and from there you can transfer it using your PC to your mobile device. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-4-25
Use props
Hatrack
lvl.1

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-25 16:42
Yes you can. How? I connected my phone to my computer via USB cable and transferred the cached videos via that cable.
However I would ask why do you want to?
I just wanted to see what they looked like on the computer but if I wanted the actual video I would take the video from the mSD card in the drone, the cached video are a low resolution backup in case the drone and card are lost.

i inadvertently deleted the files from my drone but still had them as cached on my RC.
2023-4-26
Use props
Hatrack
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-25 20:50
Hello, the video saved in the remote controller by using the “Cache video when recording” function is mainly used to quickly preview the lens movement effect at a low definition. If you need to edit or share the video, we recommend that you use the video file in the internal storage or the aircraft microSD card. If you are referring to the DJI RC, you may have a copy of the cache files on this path: SD Card/Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/MediaCaches and from there you can transfer it using your PC to your mobile device. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

This worked! Thank you.
2023-4-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hatrack Posted at 4-26 12:11
i inadvertently deleted the files from my drone but still had them as cached on my RC.

A good enough reason, whoops!
2023-4-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hatrack Posted at 4-26 12:12
This worked! Thank you.

You are most welcome. Glad this troubleshooting works on your end. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to ask. Thank you for your valued support!
2023-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules