4736 32 2023-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sprajtek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1631549 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

Hello, I recenty bought Mavic 3 cine. I was super happy with it, until yesterday when DJI show us new mavic 3 pro cine version. I was wondering, if there is chance to swap the camera module, because its still mavic 3 with integraded 1tb ssd, just the camera is improved. I know that DJI dont want you to do this, but I bought 5000eur drone, that is no longer avalible and now the sell for the exact same price new one, it feels like scam from DJI to their customers...
2023-4-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Thank you for supporting our product. Due to the design of the Mavic 3 Pro, it does not support replacing the gimbal, and we currently do not have plans to introduce such a program. We appreciate your support and trust, and we will do our best to provide you with optimal service.
2023-4-26
Use props
sprajtek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Czechia

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-26 02:49
Hello, there. Thank you for supporting our product. Due to the design of the Mavic 3 Pro, it does not support replacing the gimbal, and we currently do not have plans to introduce such a program. We appreciate your support and trust, and we will do our best to provide you with optimal service.

thats not good
2023-4-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. If you have any questions about the Mavic 3, we will try our best to help you.
2023-4-26
Use props
sprajtek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Czechia

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-26 03:17
We apologize for the inconvenience caused. If you have any questions about the Mavic 3, we will try our best to help you.

I would like to have option to exchange the drone for the new one or just the camera, because now its obsolete for most production work. Or should we buy a new dron each 15months for 5000usd?
2023-4-26
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

sprajtek Posted at 4-26 03:21
I would like to have option to exchange the drone for the new one or just the camera, because now its obsolete for most production work. Or should we buy a new dron each 15months for 5000usd?

Interesting approach.  Good luck with that.  
2023-4-26
Use props
jerryway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4031483 ft
United States

I would like to have option to exchange the drone for the new one or just the camera, because now its obsolete for most production work. Or should we buy a new dron each 15months for 5000usd?

You would have to buy a new drone. M3C and M3PC may look alike, but there are many subtle adjustments made, both inside and outside. You can't just swap the camera and expect it to work on the new M3PC.

2023-4-26
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

Let's be real for a second. DJI isn't even selling the drone by itself, much less just the camera. Their quest to move product and boost profits has reached a new level. They aren't interested in helping customers make an easy upgrade. They're interested in clearing overstock RC inventory.

Wanda's reply said "Due to the design of the Mavic 3 Pro, it does not support replacing the gimbal, and we currently do not have plans to introduce such a program."
A more honest way to word this would be "We designed the Mavic 3 Pro so it cannot have modular cameras/gimbals, and we do not have plans to introduce such a beneficial program."
2023-4-27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 4-27 06:22
Let's be real for a second. DJI isn't even selling the drone by itself, much less just the camera. Their quest to move product and boost profits has reached a new level. They aren't interested in helping customers make an easy upgrade. They're interested in clearing overstock RC inventory.

Wanda's reply said "Due to the design of the Mavic 3 Pro, it does not support replacing the gimbal, and we currently do not have plans to introduce such a program."

how much are you willing to pay for the new camera, what would be your best guess?  if dji were selling the camera alone, how much will you spend?
2023-4-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Apologies for that. We do not have this plan currently.
2023-4-27
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 4-27 07:17
how much are you willing to pay for the new camera, what would be your best guess?  if dji were selling the camera alone, how much will you spend?

I'm not interested in the new camera as none of the 3 have a mechanical shutter. My M3E has one but it lacks most of the basic level features that consumer Mavic owners take for granted. White balance control, active track, useable video formats just to name a few. I'd take one amazing sensor over 3 average ones any day. I'm not saying any of the 3 are bad, I'd just rather have one great one over 3 that are forced to compromise.
2023-4-27
Use props
gjad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10367867 ft
United States

sprajtek Posted at 4-26 02:57
thats not good
I will swap my camera on my mavic 3 cine,when they start selling replacement gimbal. There is no difference across any of the Mavic 3 air frame and internal hardware except for cameras. Once I upgrade mine i will definitely post it here in the forum, note when mavic 2 was first launched they said the same, I was one of the first person that did the swap to the zoom and vice versa.
2023-5-17
Use props
sprajtek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Czechia

gjad Posted at 5-17 09:54
I will swap my camera on my mavic 3 cine,when they start selling replacement gimbal. There is no difference across any of the Mavic 3 air frame and internal hardware except for cameras. Once I upgrade mine i will definitely post it here in the forum, note when mavic 2 was first launched they said the same, I was one of the first person that did the swap to the zoom and vice versa.

Keep us updated
2023-5-17
Use props
skyscope
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4202785 ft
  • >>>
Germany

gjad Posted at 5-17 09:54
There is no difference across any of the Mavic 3 air frame and internal hardware except for cameras.

You should take a second closer look. The rear arms are different and provide more space for the bigger camera body when folded, not only to the bottom but sideways too.
2023-5-19
Use props
gjad
lvl.2
United States

skyscope Posted at 5-19 06:59
You should take a second closer look. The rear arms are different and provide more space for the bigger camera body when folded, not only to the bottom but sideways too.

That's why you need an Engineer, from my asset looking at both drones there is no difference, I have both in hand after a visual inspection there is no changes to the AIR FRAME.
2023-5-21
Use props
jerryway
lvl.4
United States

gjad Posted at 5-21 06:11
That's why you need an Engineer, from my asset looking at both drones there is no difference, I have both in hand after a visual inspection there is no changes to the AIR FRAME.

There are multiple changes made to both the rear arm, and the air frame. If you couldn't see the difference, you are not looking hard enough.

CompareBack.jpg
Compare.jpg
2023-5-21
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

jerryway Posted at 5-21 09:46
There are multiple changes made to both the rear arm, and the air frame. If you couldn't see the difference, that's because you are not looking hard enough.

[view_image]

Not to mention the different firmware for each. The firmware updates according to the model number encoded in the request for same. NOT according to the hardware on board.
2023-5-21
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's laughable that people are annoyed that a tech company brings out a new product every 18 months and want some kind of money back.

Just wait until you hear about the Mavic 5 in development.
2023-5-22
Use props
sprajtek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Czechia

CloudVisual Posted at 5-22 04:15
It's laughable that people are annoyed that a tech company brings out a new product every 18 months and want some kind of money back.

Just wait until you hear about the Mavic 5 in development.

It's laghable that people need to talk trash and cant stick with original thread :-P
2023-5-22
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sprajtek Posted at 5-22 12:39
It's laghable that people need to talk trash and cant stick with original thread :-P

Your original thread moaned about the new drone coming out, I kept on subject.
2023-5-22
Use props
sprajtek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Czechia

CloudVisual Posted at 5-22 23:54
Your original thread moaned about the new drone coming out, I kept on subject.

maybe you need new glasses
2023-5-23
Use props
gjad
lvl.2
United States

jerryway Posted at 5-21 09:46
There are multiple changes made to both the rear arm, and the air frame. If you couldn't see the difference, you are not looking hard enough.

[view_image]

Thanks for the response, after reviewing the Mavic 3 pro in-person also, I did notice these changes.
2023-5-25
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

That is like buying a Samsung s22 and then a year later came the s23 for the same price. Don't cry about it. It is how electronics works. There will always come out with something better down the line.
2023-5-25
Use props
sprajtek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Czechia

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 5-25 10:58
That is like buying a Samsung s22 and then a year later came the s23 for the same price. Don't cry about it. It is how electronics works. There will always come out with something better down the line.

please stick with original question about swaping cameras, this is not helping anyone
2023-5-25
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
United States

sprajtek Posted at 5-25 11:00
please stick with original question about swaping cameras, this is not helping anyone

Whats there to say about the camera? Dji staff already stated the cameras cant be swap. If staff already confirmed it there is nothing anyone can say or do to make it work. Want the 3x zoom lens. Have to buy a new drone. Simple as that.
2023-5-25
Use props
sprajtek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Czechia

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 5-25 11:07
Whats there to say about the camera? Dji staff already stated the cameras cant be swap. If staff already confirmed it there is nothing anyone can say or do to make it work. Want the 3x zoom lens. Have to buy a new drone. Simple as that.

Did you try it yourself or you just belive manifacture company, who need to sell you need staff each 18 month? You must be really stupid right? Dji staff also said that you can swap cameras between mp2 /m2z and you can. I allready have mavic 3 pro cine. Your comment is stupid and you should think about yourself
2023-5-25
Use props
jerryway
lvl.4
United States

sprajtek Posted at 5-25 11:00

A pilot in China tried "upgrading" a Mavic 3 to Mavic 3 Pro, by swapping the gimbal cameras.

The end result: smoke came out of the circuit board, the moment he turned on the drone.

Link to the original video
2023-6-6
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
United States

sprajtek Posted at 5-25 11:10
Did you try it yourself or you just belive manifacture company, who need to sell you need staff each 18 month? You must be really stupid right? Dji staff also said that you can swap cameras between mp2 /m2z and you can. I allready have mavic 3 pro cine. Your comment is stupid and you should think about yourself

Calling other stupid makes you proud of yourself? Lol. If you already got the mavic 3 pro why you crying over spill milk? O.o???
2023-6-6
Use props
sprajtek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Czechia

jerryway Posted at 6-6 18:48
A pilot in China tried "upgrading" a Mavic 3 to Mavic 3 Pro, by swapping the gimbal cameras.

The end result: smoke came out of the circuit board, the moment he turned on the drone.

Thanks
2023-6-6
Use props
sprajtek
lvl.2
  • >>>
Czechia

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 6-6 23:27
Calling other stupid makes you proud of yourself? Lol. If you already got the mavic 3 pro why you crying over spill milk? O.o???

Calm down Karen
2023-6-6
Use props
Viridis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2383556 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interestingly smoke came out the m3 pro with m3 camera.
The m3 with pro camera just stayed limp and no video throughput.
I wonder if firmware update via the desktop app might have recognised it as a pro and "activated" the camera through an update.
I'm sure one day someone will try it, but it's a heck of a gamble looking at that video

2023-6-7
Use props
Tigger_Na
lvl.2

Namibia

I don't quite get DJI's approach to this. Having one airframe with interchangeable payloads would, amongst others:
• Simplify and improve product development. Get 10 engineers to design one airframe, instead of having 10 engineers designing 10 airframes.
• Make production runs and stock keeping easier, for both the factory and sales agents.
• Increase DJI product appeal exponentially over that of the competition, because it would allow clients to be more flexible for lower costs.

There are reasons why I'm a farmer and DJI engineers are DJI engineers. Maybe this is one of them.
2-14 00:23
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1829121 ft
United States

Actually DjI seems better than most tech companies. Apple for example. They make it so if you change your screen you get a perpetual warning on your home page. There is no phone upgrade options on any models from any manufacturer. They offer trade in programs that give laughably small credit for your year old phone. One can do far better on Craigslist or eBay than trading it in. I always feel I am just renting tech gear. I use it for my projects and sell it off when I'm done. There are times I sell it off really quickly, like the M3Pro, it is somewhat of a dud in my personal experience, soft low contrast images, overly heavy, eats batteries. I am not regretting selling it for an instant.

There is a definite firmware issue on all the 3 models. Not like the M2Pro series, there you could swap out the zoom and regular camera and it happily recognized both. However, there was no swapping the 2' Enterprise version of the motherboard, even after you added the ADS B boards, antennas and special cables. The SN and Firmware would not flash to a usable drone. The 3 models unfortunately require factory only software to calibrate the gimbal and the vision system. On the plus side, I sent the M3 I used as a mule to carry instruments on, in for vision calibration and gimbal calibration. For $120 I got back a brand new drone. The one I sent in was a beat up sorry looking drone. Kind of why I used it for what I did. If it died or got lost it was only worth about $200. That was kind of a "Gee Thanks DJI!"

There is Python code out there that does the gimbal calibration hanging out in Github. Getting it to work properly is the trick. Unless your desktop PC has the right ports and running older Windoze 10, you may find it a challenge beyond belief. If you change camera serial numbers it gets testy as well. Kind of sad, since I modified cameras for the 2pro to do multispectral. Not so practicable on the 3 series.
2-14 14:48
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules