425 4 2023-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yesterday I took my Mavic 2 Pro out of hibernation after at least 6 months. As there was a notice to do an update I proceeded and had no problems. However, in trying to confirm my previous settings having not changed, I was highly surprised when I got to the battery section. So my surprise, the discharge rate for batteries was shortened to 5 days from 10 days. Did anyone else notice this? Is there a way to extend the discharge rate?
2023-4-26
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-26 09:56
You can no longer set it above 5 days?  Personally 5 days is about as long as I would do for a Mavic 2 as the batteries have a serious propensity for bloating.  Of all my DJI birds the Mavic 2 batteries are the only ones that have exhibited bloating issues.

All 3 of my original batteries bloated. To its credit, DJI replaced all 3. So, maybe just a guess, but shortening the discharge start process to 5 days is DJI's way of preventing bloating from constant charging.
2023-4-26
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for the info, I missed that fact.
2023-4-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Marty. Thank you for reaching out. This is normal, in the DJI GO 4 for iOS/Android (v4.3.40), the (active) auto discharge default setting has been changed to one to five days and cannot be extended to more than 5 days. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-4-27
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora, what is Dji recommendation for M2P discharge time please?
2023-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules