1530 5 2023-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InsideJobFilms
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Hello,

I have the RS3 pro / LiDAR rangefinder and have been enjoying it quite a bit.

One of the lenses in my set of Vazen anamorphic lenses is the RF 65mm T2 1.8x and it’s minimum focusing distance is a little more than 1 meter making the calibration process a little wonky as that the first value to manually calibrate to is 1m. I have been setting the 1m starting calibration to the minimum the lens is capable of ( about 1.3m ) and it seems to work ok but I’m not confident I’m able to achieve a true critical focus. Does DJI have any plans of allowing the first calibration mark to be set a little further back than 1 meter? Perhaps allowing the user to set a different starting value?

Also - there has to be a way of adjusting the speed in which the motor pulls focus right? I mean right now it rips from focus to focus and the pulls look very mechanical because of that. It would yield a lot more “pro” result if users were able to tame the speed of the pull as well as have more dampened start and stop.

2023-4-26
Use props
Pioszub
lvl.1
Poland

2nd part: You can change speed of focusing. After my tests, everything above 3 looks mechanical.
2023-5-2
Use props
InsideJobFilms
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

That’s good new that the change of focus speed pulls can be done. What menu can this be found? Only option I have been able to find is one for focus sensitivity.
2023-5-2
Use props
djiuser_d59eKR4LM8eO
New

Pakistan

At present, DJI does not have any specific plans to allow the first calibration mark to be set further back than 1 meter for the RS3 Pro / LiDAR rangefinder. However, it's worth noting that DJI periodically releases firmware updates for their products, which could potentially include new features or adjustments based on user feedback.

Regarding the speed of the focus motor, the current behavior of the rapid focus transitions and mechanical-looking pulls is the default setting. DJI might consider adding more customizable options in the future to allow users to adjust the speed of focus pulls and have smoother start and stop transitions, thereby providing a more professional outcome.

Keep an eye on DJI's official announcements and firmware updates for any potential changes or enhancements to address these concerns in the future.
2023-7-3
Use props
Scott Attebery
New

United States

I have four dji LiDAR/focus motors set up in different cameras without gimbals.   Three are working perfectly.  But my fourth is showing red lights on c1 and c3 of the LiDAR unit.   What does that mean? How do I fix it?

Everything is setup the same as my other units.  
2023-9-15
Use props
djiuser_VOPBSkxiNFa7
New
Saudi Arabia

Scott Attebery Posted at 2023-9-15 07:00
I have four dji LiDAR/focus motors set up in different cameras without gimbals.   Three are working perfectly.  But my fourth is showing red lights on c1 and c3 of the LiDAR unit.   What does that mean? How do I fix it?

Everything is setup the same as my other units.

im having the same issue here!
1-9 04:40
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules