03 Unit / Controller Issues
333 1 2023-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheSnuffie
lvl.1
United States

I am not sure if the title really describes my issue but here it is. I am new to FPV and built only 1 drone in the past a long time ago. Recently decided to jump back in and build a drone using DJI 03 unit  and the SpeedyBee F7 V3 BL32 50A 30x30 Stack (didnt solder anything and used the connectors that come with the stack) with DJI Controller 2 and DJI Goggles 2.

I am able to set the motor order and direction and have feed from the camera.

It does say "Air unit in low power state" when everything powered on and binded.

I have set the controller to sbaud fast and ran the cli command "set sbus_baud_fast = ON" and have updated the firmware on everything but I am getting no response from the sticks in betaflight.

I have attached images of the ports and the receiver. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong and how to get my drone flying?

Below are images of my betaflight receiver and ports page.

beta1.png

beta2.png

2023-4-26
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

"Air unit in low power state" will be always there until you arm the drone.  The O3 gets hot pretty fast, make sure you have a small fan blowing while you are stationary .   I had problems getting the DJI controller 2 working with Betaflight, did everything correct, would bind all 3 but no input from controller on Betaflight or drone.  I just used a FrSky R-XSR Ultra micro receiver and  a RadioMaster TX16S Mark II MAX transmitter, very happy with set up as this transmitter offer more customization and better ergonomics. Also, if you lose video, you also lose drone control (using O3 as VTX and FC), with separated receiver and transmitter you still in control independently from O3 .
2023-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules