Gimbal Stuck but moves around?
6977 5 2023-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FatFert
New

United States

Hi everyone,

Im a newbie to the scene but ive recently taken over a Mavic Mini from my brother. We got this 2nd hand from a friend and are unaware of a crash history but i assume its taken a spill before as it has a "Gimbal Stuck" error. The camera moves freely and goes up and down as it should but while flying you cannot control it, it does look around like its trying to calibrate itself but nothing ever comes of it.

I took this to a drone shop today and they said im better off buying a new drone since the Mavic Mini is fairly old compared to the new stuff out now and itll cost more for me to repair it, i have a DJI return lable and a repair request at hand already but i was wondering if there is maybe a simple fix. Has anyone ran into this problem before? The guy at the shop mentioned the gimbal is NOT stuck as it moves around on its on when you turn the drone on, but during flight you cant control it.
2023-4-26
Use props
Zhillz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2914944 ft
United States

Yeah.. Your best option would be to search on eBay or local marketplaces for spare parts of drones, especially if you're comfortable using a screwdriver.
2023-4-26
Use props
FatFert
New

United States

Zhillz Posted at 4-26 13:12
Yeah.. Your best option would be to search on eBay or local marketplaces for spare parts of drones, especially if you're comfortable using a screwdriver.

Darn, not the news i want to hear. I dont even know where to begin with the troubleshooting process, i wonder if the DJI support team would pin point the problem if i send it in, maybe i can piggy back on their opinion and fix it myself.

I also noticed they have a nice long wait time for returns on repairs and such, is this the case?
2023-4-26
Use props
Zhillz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2914944 ft
United States

FatFert Posted at 4-26 13:20
Darn, not the news i want to hear. I dont even know where to begin with the troubleshooting process, i wonder if the DJI support team would pin point the problem if i send it in, maybe i can piggy back on their opinion and fix it myself.

I also noticed they have a nice long wait time for returns on repairs and such, is this the case?

In essence, you're requesting to repair the screen of a 6th generation iPhone for $80, while the phone itself costs approximately $60. It might be more economical to consider purchasing a used and better iPhone 10 (DJI Mini 2) for ~$120 instead. Unless this drone is sentimental to you...
2023-4-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. When a Gimbal Suck error message is shown on the DJI Fly app, the gimbal may be stuck by debris (for example, the aircraft was powered on when it was folded, or the gimbal protector was not removed.). Please check whether there is debris on the gimbal. If yes, clean off them, restart the aircraft, and calibrate the gimbal. Or please try powering off the aircraft and move the gimbal gently at every angle with your hand, and check whether there is any debris in the gimbal. If not, power on the aircraft and calibrate the gimbal. Remove the aircraft’s microSD card and calibrate the gimbal. If the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may go through the process to send the unit in for proper diagnostics. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-4-26
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

If the gimbal is free to move and you get the gimbal stuck message, I think the problem is with the cable to the gimbal. I would try to buy one on the internet and replace it. Otherwise...it may be history.
2023-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules