Keep battery stored in Charging hub?
5972 12 2023-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RoninOverFlight
lvl.2
Canada

Saw a youtube video where a consumer said do not store your batteries inside the charging hub or leave one in the drone.

Is this accurate information? Or outdated.

TIA,

Ronin

EDIT: Please disregard as i just read that after firmware updates the batteries can be safely stored in the charging hub, as i have been doing.

--edit: Typo

2023-4-26
Use props
SilentPanther26
lvl.1
Flight distance : 199724 ft
United States

I keep my batteries inside of the Charging hub. I hear if you leave a battery in the drone the battery will start to discharge over time.
2023-4-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Intelligent flight battery does support overcharging protection however, we highly recommend removing your batteries from the charging hub after fully charging them and placing them in a bag or a safe storage box. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-4-26
Use props
RoninOverFlight
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-26 18:31
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Intelligent flight battery does support overcharging protection however, we highly recommend removing your batteries from the charging hub after fully charging them and placing them in a bag or a safe storage box. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

I store the batteries inside the charging hub inside the dji case, as the hub makes for a convenient holder.

should i take them out of the hub when stored away?
2023-4-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RoninOverFlight Posted at 4-26 18:54
I store the batteries inside the charging hub inside the dji case, as the hub makes for a convenient holder.

No, they are fine in the Hub, just never leave them plugged in to the charger is all
2023-4-26
Use props
RoninOverFlight
lvl.2
Canada

Bashy Posted at 4-26 19:18
No, they are fine in the Hub, just never leave them plugged in to the charger is all

But the DJi Admin said to leave them out of the storage hub even when not charging(?)
2023-4-27
Use props
RoninOverFlight
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-26 18:31

So in other words even when not charging, i SHOULD NOT store the batteries in the charging hub in my DJi case, leave them separate. Correct?
2023-4-27
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RoninOverFlight Posted at 4-27 11:08
But the DJi Admin said to leave them out of the storage hub even when not charging(?)

But the Paladin was on about charging and leaving them, DJI has stated time and time again that they are fine in the hub as long as they are not on charge.

The safest procedure though would be to stick them into separate fireproof bags, I believe that this is required when flying. I have always stored mine in the drone and hub since the Mini 2 and now the Mini 3 Pro
2023-4-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

RoninOverFlight Posted at 4-26 18:54

Thank you for your response. The safest way is the remove the battery on the charging hub and store it in a safe storage box. However, you can safely store the battery on the hub but please make sure not to plug it in and just remember to properly maintain the batteries to avoid battery issues. To prevent swelling, the battery automatically discharges to approx. 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day, and automatically discharges to about 72% of the battery level when it is idle for nine days. (It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process.) Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-4-28
Use props
SilentPanther26
lvl.1
Flight distance : 199724 ft
United States

RoninOverFlight Posted at 4-27 12:39
So in other words even when not charging, i SHOULD NOT store the batteries in the charging hub in my DJi case, leave them separate. Correct?

If you don't have any other storage option then it should be ok to leave them in the hub. Just remove the batteries before using is what I would do.
2023-4-28
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

One thing to consider is getting a Lipo bag. https://a.co/d/bpTJHb9 .  I use these to protect the batteries and to make sure I don't run across fires with my batteries.
2023-4-29
Use props
RoninOverFlight
lvl.2
Canada

Shawgod Posted at 4-29 05:52
One thing to consider is getting a Lipo bag. https://a.co/d/bpTJHb9 .  I use these to protect the batteries and to make sure I don't run across fires with my batteries.

Yes. I've been looking into some lipo bags for storage as I have quite a few of those batteries laying around the house.
2023-4-29
Use props
lacibaci
Second Officer
Flight distance : 235682 ft
United States

I've been storing my batteries in the charger. However, I'm using one of these isolators that I printed.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4839748
featured_preview_dj_mini2_battery-isolator.jpg
2023-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules