1034 5 2023-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrockB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148675 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had trouble today switching my Mavic 3 back to the DJI RC after flying with the Goggles and RC2...
I'm wondering if anyone else is experincing trouble switching between the controllers?

Thanks!!
2023-4-26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

im guessing you meant mc2, not rc2.  it could be the goggles don't work so well with rc (but i hear they do) so maybe you have to make sure the goggles are turned off, does that make sense?
2023-4-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, BrockB. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please describe what happened? Did you get any errors when linking back the drone to the DJI RC?
2023-4-27
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-27 23:36
Hi, BrockB. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please describe what happened? Did you get any errors when linking back the drone to the DJI RC?

No, linking is not the problem. That works most of the time. Problem is that you HAVE to link every time you want to switch from goggles+MC2 to RC-N1, RC or RCPro. That is a hassle. It would be nice if the firmware could detect which 'control device' is switched on and, if needed, ask if you want to connect to that one.
The linking and relinking takes time and is indeed a hassle. Furthermore: what is the difference between 'linking' and 'binding' ? That makes the switching even more complicated.
2023-5-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

PhanFran Posted at 5-20 00:41
No, linking is not the problem. That works most of the time. Problem is that you HAVE to link every time you want to switch from goggles+MC2 to RC-N1, RC or RCPro. That is a hassle. It would be nice if the firmware could detect which 'control device' is switched on and, if needed, ask if you want to connect to that one.
The linking and relinking takes time and is indeed a hassle. Furthermore: what is the difference between 'linking' and 'binding' ? That makes the switching even more complicated.

Hi, PhanFran. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Currently, this is the logic to have consistent firmware to match the drone's model. We don't have any information if this can be rectified in the future but we can forward this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your kind understanding and support. In addition, linking is connecting the devices to each other while binding the aircraft with the remote controller and records the linking relationship between the aircraft and the remote controller.
2023-5-23
Use props
MikeArzt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2727520 ft
United States

Any updates on this? I also bought mavic3pro cine, googles 2 and motion controller. Super hassle to try and switch back and forth and even harder it feels like if no internet connection. Often there is no internet where I’d like to be using these exact products.

It should not be a hack to use the googles with the RC controller. Should just be an option.

So much room for improvement and also for better communication from DJI or don’t say all of these products work together.

Thanks
3-1 12:38
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules