DJI Mic weak signal after firmware update-April 23
1073 7 2023-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cameraguy UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196696 ft
United Kingdom

APRIL 2023.   I recently update the firmware to 02.00.72.87 on TX and RX.   On the last 3 jobs i have used the mics on I have had bad signal breakup: a kind of 'bubbly' garbled effect that you would associate with poor data stream, and the signal strength meters are fluctuating a lot.
LOCATION 1 -  Office, Central London.  approx 10 feet line of sight. Fixed position PTC, TX on belt + lav mic.
LOCATION 2 - College building, Central London.  approx 10-15 feet line of sight. Moving gimbal PTC, TX fixed directly to lapel (no lav mic).
LOCATION 3 - NEC Birmingham, Approx 10 feet line of sight. Fixed position interview, TX fixed directly to lapel (no lav mic)

The mics never used to break up at this short distance. On the last job  I unded up using an older Hollyland Lark 150 (very similar form factor and carrier freq.) and it worked fine.
I also tested my old Rode Go (mk1) kit in the same location and it too was fine so I can only conclude that something is not right with my DJI Mic kit?

is there any way to roll-back the firmware?

2023-4-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, could you please try to pair the DJI Mic transmitter with the receiver again and go to an outdoor and unobstructed environment to conduct testing with the same distance to check whether the signal has improved?
2023-4-27
Use props
cameraguy UK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-27 03:48
Hi there, could you please try to pair the DJI Mic transmitter with the receiver again and go to an outdoor and unobstructed environment to conduct testing with the same distance to check whether the signal has improved?

thanks for your reply.  I am going to compare my unit next to a colleague's DJI mic running older firmware to see if there is a difference. I shall report my findings in a few days.
2023-4-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

cameraguy UK Posted at 4-27 03:52
thanks for your reply.  I am going to compare my unit next to a colleague's DJI mic running older firmware to see if there is a difference. I shall report my findings in a few days.

Okay. Looking forward to your update.
2023-4-28
Use props
fansbc4c4632
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98087 ft
Czechia

cameraguy UK Posted at 4-27 03:52

Hi, do you have any updates upon testing?

I’m having the same issue so I would like to know how to solve it.

Thank you.
2023-6-5
Use props
cameraguy UK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have done 2 tests so far:
TEST 1 -
2 identical DJI Mic RX units side by side: unit  1 (the problem unit) running the latest firmware. Unit 2 running older firmware. Subject wore one TX unit on each lapel (no lavalier mic). Recommended DJI cables used.
Subject walked backwards maintaining line of sight for about 60feet. Both RX fine until a person walked briefly between the camera and the subject: unit 1 signal broke up, unit 2 signal unaffected.
Subject stepped behind a brick building: unit 1 signal lost, unit 2 signal unaffected.
Subject turned away from camera at approx 60feet:  unit 1 garbled audio, unit 2 unaffected.
I also noticed the level meters on Unit 1 were fluctuating wildly, Unit 2 meters stable.

TEST 2:
re-installed latest firmware and did a reset.
Tested Unit 1 on its own in a car park. Possible slight improvement: clear audio while 70feet line of sight but broke up or became garbled when an obstruction (sign post) was between subject and RX unit. Level meters still fluctuating.

I'm hoping to do a more detailed test soon but everything points to there still being a problem with my unit that has surfaced since the last FW update (v 02.00.72.87)
2023-6-5
Use props
cameraguy UK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

November 2023.   
UPDATE: it's taken me a while to update my findings, mainly because I just stopped using the DJI Mic kit altogether as it was proving too unreliable and went back to using my old Hollyland Lark 150 or my Sony UHF kit. Last month I had another look (before the warranty ran out) I borrowed a second, brand new kit from a colleague which allowed me to hook up two identical DJI Mic kits into the same Tascam audio recorder and then into a camera. Receivers side-by-side, outdoors, clear line of sight, both running latest firmware 02.00.72.87.
RESULTS: the 'problem' mic cut out completely at 3 metres and signal strength dropped to zero as soon as I turned away from camera. The New DJI Mic kit was fine and maintained a good signal and clear audio.
I concluded the original 'problem' kit was at fault and no amount of resetting and f/w re-installing rectified the problem.  
I have now got rid of the 'problem' kit.
2023-11-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

cameraguy UK Posted at 11-24 12:40
November 2023.   
UPDATE: it's taken me a while to update my findings, mainly because I just stopped using the DJI Mic kit altogether as it was proving too unreliable and went back to using my old Hollyland Lark 150 or my Sony UHF kit. Last month I had another look (before the warranty ran out) I borrowed a second, brand new kit from a colleague which allowed me to hook up two identical DJI Mic kits into the same Tascam audio recorder and then into a camera. Receivers side-by-side, outdoors, clear line of sight, both running latest firmware 02.00.72.87.
RESULTS: the 'problem' mic cut out completely at 3 metres and signal strength dropped to zero as soon as I turned away from camera. The New DJI Mic kit was fine and maintained a good signal and clear audio.

Hello, there. Thank you for your update here. It seems that your new DJI MIC works properly, right?
Please let us know if you have any questions.
2023-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules