Photos are distorted when downloaded to iPhone
267 7 2023-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fisker10
New

Denmark

Hi DJI Forum,

When I download pictures from the drone to my iPhone they look like this.

I have upgraded drone to latest firmware.

Is there a fix?

Best, Anders

Skærmbillede 2023-04-27 kl. 16.30.17.jpg
2023-4-27
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Italy

You're missing all the relevant information required to provide support, such as:
Which format are you using for you pictures (RAW or Jpeg) ?
How are you downloading the photos to your iPhone ?
Do your pictures look fine in the DJI Fly App ?
Did you try to transfer the same pictures to a PC or a a Mac ?

2023-4-27
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

This is a common problem currently - apple screwed up something in their raw image processing, and all their native apps aren't working correctly with raw images. Your jpgs should still work fine. If you process your raw files in lightroom or similar non-apple software it should work without that color banding.
2023-4-27
Use props
fisker10
New

Denmark

sduck Posted at 4-27 07:38
This is a common problem currently - apple screwed up something in their raw image processing, and all their native apps aren't working correctly with raw images. Your jpgs should still work fine. If you process your raw files in lightroom or similar non-apple software it should work without that color banding.

Amazing, thank you!
2023-4-27
Use props
Jake. A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

This same thing is happening to me when I shoot in Raw. I dumped the footage at first, but then I tired transferring then to my Mac which seemed to get rid of the problem.
2023-4-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello. Thank you for your feedback. We have reported this issue to the DJI engineers. It occurs when previewing DNG photos after the macOS/iOS system version has been updated. The DJI engineers are actively communicating with Apple Inc. to seek a solution. We recommend viewing or editing the original footage with Photoshop or Lightroom temporarily. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-4-27
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

https://discussions.apple.com/th ... 188022#258899188022
2023-4-27
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

Jake. A Posted at 4-27 13:02
This same thing is happening to me when I shoot in Raw. I dumped the footage at first, but then I tired transferring then to my Mac which seemed to get rid of the problem.

Unfortunately MacOS has the same problem. The thumbnails are displayed correctly, but in the preview the image is banded.
The issue affects the Apple Core RAW engine only. Opening the image with Affinity Photo or Luminar NEO works fine
2023-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules