Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A grey start to the day.....

Was hoping to see the new boat thats been out on trials coming back,  but alas all I got was buzzed by the Godwits.  

Taken with Mini 3 Pro.

[See My Other Content...]

2023-4-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2023-4-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

B&W suits  that shot David.  A definite bleakness to it.
2023-4-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Still a nice shot!
2023-4-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

And I like the edit too!
2023-4-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

No doubt a grey start to the day but what a magnificent shot DA.  
2023-4-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-28 00:24
B&W suits  that shot David.  A definite bleakness to it.

It was very depressing out there this morning,      its brightened up a bit since,   I should go and brave it.
2023-4-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thanks Peter,   
2023-4-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 4-28 01:20
And I like the edit too!

Thanks that was a 3x3 pano that the drone failed to stitch but Lightroom had no issues with it.
2023-4-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-28 04:18
It was very depressing out there this morning,      its brightened up a bit since,   I should go and brave it.

Not much improvement here, but the rain has stopped.
2023-4-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-28 02:36
No doubt a grey start to the day but what a magnificent shot DA.

thanks DT.       I got away from there quick after that as the godwits were circling and getting a bit closer,    my fault I should ave gone higher,   seems 50ft is about where they like to play.
2023-4-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

My pleasure!
2023-4-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 4-28 04:19
Thanks that was a 3x3 pano that the drone failed to stitch but Lightroom had no issues with it.

Nice
You're welcome!
2023-4-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-28 04:32
Not much improvement here, but the rain has stopped.

Im just thinking about risking walk number 2 as soon as the last backup I started is ready and I can start the last one
2023-4-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-28 04:43
thanks DT.       I got away from there quick after that as the godwits were circling and getting a bit closer,    my fault I should ave gone higher,   seems 50ft is about where they like to play.

You're very welcome DA.  It seems most birds are attracted to or curious about the drones and want to take a close up look.  Now gulls are a whole different story here.  
2023-4-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-28 13:21
You're very welcome DA.  It seems most birds are attracted to or curious about the drones and want to take a close up look.  Now gulls are a whole different story here.

Gulls are bad here too especially during the breeding season that starts in May.  
2023-4-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-29 00:56
Gulls are bad here too especially during the breeding season that starts in May.

Seems like mating season for gulls here is about 9 months of the year.  They are some of the messiest birds around, always pooping on everything.  At least my use of the air horn daily has kept them from using my boat and dock for target practice.  
2023-4-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-29 02:21
Seems like mating season for gulls here is about 9 months of the year.  They are some of the messiest birds around, always pooping on everything.  At least my use of the air horn daily has kept them from using my boat and dock for target practice.

I feel for you.  theres a tree I walk under most days where they like to hang out and the mess under it is disgusting.
2023-4-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-29 22:27
I feel for you.  theres a tree I walk under most days where they like to hang out and the mess under it is disgusting.

Gulls seem to reproduce offspring faster than any birds I've ever seen.  Too bad that doves don't reproduce offspring that fast.  They make for some good eating, doves not gulls.  
2023-4-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-30 03:00
Gulls seem to reproduce offspring faster than any birds I've ever seen.  Too bad that doves don't reproduce offspring that fast.  They make for some good eating, doves not gulls.

Im pleased you clarified that.    Ive never heard gulls being eaten.  
2023-4-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-30 23:57
Im pleased you clarified that.    Ive never heard gulls being eaten.

I just wanted to make sure you didn't think I was eating gulls.  Those birds are way to nasty to even try to eat.  
2023-5-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-1 12:43
I just wanted to make sure you didn't think I was eating gulls.  Those birds are way to nasty to even try to eat.

Again,  how would you know they were nasty to eat?
2023-5-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-1 23:22
Again,  how would you know they were nasty to eat?

To start with gulls feeding habits make them less than ideal for consumption.  It has been reported that gull meat is tough and gamey, has a fishy taste with a strong smell.  That alone is enough to convince me that I never want to try them.  I'll stick to "surf and turf".  
2023-5-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-2 11:49
To start with gulls feeding habits make them less than ideal for consumption.  It has been reported that gull meat is tough and gamey, has a fishy taste with a strong smell.  That alone is enough to convince me that I never want to try them.  I'll stick to "surf and turf".

Ive not had surf and turf for years,     I fancy that now,  thanks.
2023-5-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-2 23:39
Ive not had surf and turf for years,     I fancy that now,  thanks.

Living on the ocean's edge seafood is fresh and plentiful.  I know a local butcher and he sells me quality cuts of meat at a reduced price so I have surf and turf quite often.  Guess I'm  just spoiled.  
2023-5-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-3 02:29
Living on the ocean's edge seafood is fresh and plentiful.  I know a local butcher and he sells me quality cuts of meat at a reduced price so I have surf and turf quite often.  Guess I'm  just spoiled.

Yep,  thats one name we could use.
2023-5-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-3 23:33
Yep,  thats one name we could use.

I admit, I do spoil myself.  I figure after careful financial planning and making viable investments over many years I should be able to reward myself.  
2023-5-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-4 02:57
I admit, I do spoil myself.  I figure after careful financial planning and making viable investments over many years I should be able to reward myself.

Nothing wrong with enjoying good food.     I know I do.
2023-5-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-4 23:19
Nothing wrong with enjoying good food.     I know I do.

Yes, it is nice to "treat" yourself to some good cuisine.  I used to never like to cook but I guess over the years I've kind of become a self-taught chef (just a wannabe).    Besides it's fun to dabble with different recipes and different contents.
2023-5-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-5 02:46
Yes, it is nice to "treat" yourself to some good cuisine.  I used to never like to cook but I guess over the years I've kind of become a self-taught chef (just a wannabe).    Besides it's fun to dabble with different recipes and different contents.

We try and do a different recipe of two each week,  luckily I follow a lot of foodie you tube channels for inspiration.
2023-5-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 00:22
We try and do a different recipe of two each week,  luckily I follow a lot of foodie you tube channels for inspiration.

Sounds like a good plan.  Do you have food trucks in the UK?  I don't remember seeing any when I was stationed in London but that was a ways back.  
2023-5-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-6 06:12
Sounds like a good plan.  Do you have food trucks in the UK?  I don't remember seeing any when I was stationed in London but that was a ways back.

Do you mean like this

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.c ... BtLkIw&usqp=CAU
2023-5-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 06:16
Do you mean like this

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSy6tCwHNpqa7R6aGrBhD_SqhX7oXDTBtLkIw&usqp=CAU

Just like that.  They have gotten really popular here over the last year or so.  They seem to be quite profitable also.
2023-5-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-6 06:27
Just like that.  They have gotten really popular here over the last year or so.  They seem to be quite profitable also.

They are everywhere here too,      growing up the big thing was ice cream vans,   and now we have every cuisine possible.
2023-5-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 23:22
They are everywhere here too,      growing up the big thing was ice cream vans,   and now we have every cuisine possible.

In my daughter's new housing development they have food truck night once a month on a Friday night.  They set up next to the amenity center and seem to always stay busy during the 3-4 hours they are there.  Nice that the trucks all seem to offer different cuisines.  
2023-5-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-7 05:12
In my daughter's new housing development they have food truck night once a month on a Friday night.  They set up next to the amenity center and seem to always stay busy during the 3-4 hours they are there.  Nice that the trucks all seem to offer different cuisines.

Ive seen that happen in London,  but not locally,  usually thats just the odd van here or there.
2023-5-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-7 23:06
Ive seen that happen in London,  but not locally,  usually thats just the odd van here or there.

That also didn't occur in my old neighborhood when I lived on land either. Seems to be popular around large office buildings and in some major residential developments.
2023-5-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-8 02:50
That also didn't occur in my old neighborhood when I lived on land either. Seems to be popular around large office buildings and in some major residential developments.

Ive noticed a big increase in sandwich and coffee vans that visit commercial property,   I see one every Friday morning thats always snarling up the traffic.
2023-5-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-8 22:46
Ive noticed a big increase in sandwich and coffee vans that visit commercial property,   I see one every Friday morning thats always snarling up the traffic.

Convenient to have them visit the commercial properties but not at all convenient to snarl up the morning commute traffic.
2023-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules