1234Next >
4264 133 2023-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19041243 ft
United States

I really love mavic 3, the active track is the best part of it I made a short video of it following me around the yard trying to see how it works . https://photos.google.com/share/ ... EY1V0JaTjZTWlJCdHVB.
My hubby was watching from the kitchen wiindow

Today I was up 3700 feet top of Doe Mountain today and flew my m3 18k the furthest i ever flown following the mountain line just above the tree tops , I have a great video I need to get edited uploaded.
But I could have never done that with my mini2
One thing I wish the M3 did that my Mini2 does and the M3 don't is that is when you take a panorama or dome image the mini2 drone app process the pano image into the one pano instead of having to put the raw images together in light-room or Photoshop, the way the Mavic 3 process the panos is much different than how the mini2 does. and that would be my only complaint.  I be nice to see the pano's on the fly. like I can with the mini2 especially so i can use the pictures in the 360 viewer ..

2023-5-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 5-8 17:28
I really love mavic 3, the active track is the best part of it I made a short video of it following me around the yard trying to see how it works . https://photos.google.com/share/ ... EY1V0JaTjZTWlJCdHVB.
My hubby was watching from the kitchen wiindow

that's awesome; good to hear you are really enjoying your mavic 3. ;)

in the meantime, my mavic 3 pro is due to arrive on wednesday.  hopefully i can get it up and running this weekend.
2023-5-8
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-8 17:45

in the meantime, my mavic 3 pro is due to arrive on wednesday.  hopefully i can get it up and running this weekend.

I really am enjoying it  and I have you to thank for the great deal. I hope you enjoy the M3P as much as my m3. I am  still learning  stuff like the POI using the waypoints for some reason My POI always seems to be off center. i hoping the more i use i the better i'll get it with it  guess practice perfect..
2023-5-8
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 5-8 09:32
Nah Mavic pro 1 was the worst release. Mavic 3 had only one real problem and that was GPS acquisition and people completely lost their heads about that, and on this forum if you get a chance to whine you do it in spades and many here did . But like everything else it got sorted and the sky didn’t fall in.

But don’t be worrying about whining about DJIs decision to put new improved releases out quickly. Many of those ridiculing you here were the same people who were constantly telling others that dji would never fix the problems with Mavic 3 “IE acquisition “ completely losing their heads like it was a life and death situation, now they’re all fur coat and no knickers ;+)

The keyword is “one”. But, I definitely agree that the mavic pro was the worst release. But, it was also the very first foldable drone on the market. It was a very big milestone for DJI.
2023-5-9
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HD Pilot Posted at 5-8 14:19
Thank you for that info

No problem. Hope your having a great week.
2023-5-9
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 5-8 18:03
I really am enjoying it  and I have you to thank for the great deal. I hope you enjoy the M3P as much as my m3. I am  still learning  stuff like the POI using the waypoints for some reason My POI always seems to be off center. i hoping the more i use i the better i'll get it with it  guess practice perfect..

I hope the drone will bring lots of smiles on your face. Especially when you are trying out some new modes.
2023-5-9
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Drey. I Posted at 5-9 04:00
The keyword is “one”. But, I definitely agree that the mavic pro was the worst release. But, it was also the very first foldable drone on the market. It was a very big milestone for DJI.

Karma was the first foldable drone ;+)….
2023-5-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hallmark007 Posted at 5-9 06:33

Was it?
After talking about it for over a year, GoPro announced the release of the Karma on 19 Sept 2016.
But it wasn't available to buyers until 23 Oct, more than a month later.
DJI announced their Mavic Pro on 28 Sept and began shipping in mid-October.

Perhaps you meant that Karma was the worst foldable drone?
2023-5-9
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 5-9 06:47
Was it?
After talking about it for over a year, GoPro announced the release of the Karma on 19 Sept 2016.

I think you’ll find that although dji released a handful of Mavic pros in mid October it was just that a handful, but Karma was fully on the market in October . In fact dji waiting list was over 4 months and I know this from experience. You still have problems sorting the wheat from the shaft I see …..
2023-5-9
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Drey. I Posted at 5-9 04:05
I hope the drone will bring lots of smiles on your face. Especially when you are trying out some new modes.

Thanks I am hoping that as well ") , I have a mini2 , but the mavic 3 is a bird of a different feather so to speak. I find myself looking for places to fly , there so many great place around these part.
2023-5-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Hallmark007 Posted at 5-9 07:23
I think you’ll find that although dji released a handful of Mavic pros in mid October it was just that a handful, but Karma was fully on the market in October . In fact dji waiting list was over 4 months and I know this from experience. You still have problems sorting the wheat from the shaft I see …..

And only two weeks after going on sale, the Karma was recalled, so even if it was "first" (it wasn't), it still wasn't available to buyers.
Wheat from shaft !!!
2023-5-9
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now I want a Karma.   Just to see how bad it is.
2023-5-9
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

The Saint Posted at 5-8 17:45

in the meantime, my mavic 3 pro is due to arrive on wednesday.  hopefully i can get it up and running this weekend.

Three days to charge a battery should be plenty...

Unless your up and running means something completely different...
2023-5-9
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Labroides Posted at 5-9 14:44
And only two weeks after going on sale, the Karma was recalled, so even if it was "first" (it wasn't), it still wasn't available to buyers.
Wheat from shaft !!!

But if it was and it wasn't because it wasn't, it still is....
2023-5-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Burt37 Posted at 5-9 16:38
But if it was and it wasn't because it wasn't, it still is....

I'll have what he is smoking!
2023-5-9
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Geebax Posted at 5-9 16:43
I'll have what he is smoking!

It is good sh1t...
2023-5-9
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 5-9 06:33

I was talking about the first foldable drone that wouldn’t randomly fall from the sky
2023-5-9
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 5-9 06:47
Was it?
After talking about it for over a year, GoPro announced the release of the Karma on 19 Sept 2016.

Facts right there.
2023-5-9
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

And only two weeks after going on sale, the Karma was recalled, so even if it was "first" (it wasn't), it still wasn't available to buyers.
Wheat from shaft !!!

Hahahaha you got him back with his own words. )
2023-5-9
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 5-9 16:26

I was thinking about getting one but it’s garbage. I would add it to a drone collection because they were the first to implement the remote with a screen.
2023-5-9
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lol. I though I wanted one to play with until someone told me how crap they were.
2023-5-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

TonyPHX Posted at 5-9 16:26

No you don't.
But to see what you are missing, this guy did a good (and funny) review of the drone when it was first released.
He thought it was really bad.
Here's his review of the new, improved Karma after GoPro recalled them all and released an "improved" version to address some of the shortcomings of the original.

GoPro talked it up for a couple of years and expectations for the Karma were high.
People were thinking it would knock DJI off its perch.
Instead it nearly put the GoPro company out of business.
2023-5-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Drey. I Posted at 5-9 17:52
I was thinking about getting one but it’s garbage. I would add it to a drone collection because they were the first to implement the remote with a screen.

they were the first to implement the remote with a screen.
Before Yuneec?
They had huge heavy planks with screens as controllers
2023-5-10
Use props
Drone Junkie RC
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Nitro-Tom Posted at 4-28 13:59
same thing happened to me recently on the Avata combo - I purchase this crazy expensive drone and soon thereafter the new model comes out - same price - newer goggles.

But I like mine better - old style goggles has field replaceable batteries. new model has battery built in so you have to charge between flights.

Speaking about the AVATA I bought the goggles 2 just to find out that they are horrible.
1. Painful because they rest on the bridge of your nose 2. It is impossible to clearly see the all the telemetry in the goggles. 3. Lost money selling them after just a few flights. So along comes an update to fly Mini3pro with goggles and MC2 which I purchased from the get go and come to find out I can only do this with there unwearable goggles 2. I just hope they release the update for the goggles V2 it only makes sense.
2023-5-10
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Wheat from shaft !!!

As far as I remember karma was reintroduced to the market shortly after while dji customers were tearing their hair out because of the huge delays in getting the Mavic pro. Your shaft is still half full of wheat.

And yes I stand by what I said karma was the first released and first foldable drone , Mavic pro was said to be available to customers , but that was an outright lie on djis part because there was always going to be huge delays on it reaching customers advertised shipping was nothing but a fiasco full of half baked promises and lies.                                             
2023-5-10
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Drey. I Posted at 5-9 17:48
I was talking about the first foldable drone that wouldn’t randomly fall from the sky

Don’t be under any illusion’s that no Mavic pros didn’t randomly fall from the sky, but that was only if you could actually get one shipped ;+)
2023-5-10
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Drey. I Posted at 5-9 04:00
The keyword is “one”. But, I definitely agree that the mavic pro was the worst release. But, it was also the very first foldable drone on the market. It was a very big milestone for DJI.

What was so bad about the Mavic Pro 1? I thought it was a great unit and gave me trouble free flying for a long. Seemed dated when the 2nd one came out but prior to that it was great.
2023-5-10
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

get over it, in less then 18 months the m3pro successor will be released.  
2023-5-10
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ShadyDealer Posted at 5-10 06:59
What was so bad about the Mavic Pro 1? I thought it was a great unit and gave me trouble free flying for a long. Seemed dated when the 2nd one came out but prior to that it was great.

It was a great unit. First that could be flown with phone only also took excellent portrait mode photos.
2023-5-10
Use props
blindsided
lvl.1

Australia

no different to the new iPhones.. 14 or 15 now! I have M3  would love the ne Pro cam, but will wait for M4 or M5
2023-5-10
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 5-10 04:25
No you don't.
But to see what you are missing, this guy did a good (and funny) review of the drone when it was first released.
He thought it was really bad.

Excellent video!  : )

Thank you for sharing- and a good laugh or three.
2023-5-11
Use props
OJsakila
lvl.2
Flight distance : 409948 ft
  • >>>
United States

calm down, Trigger.  There will ALWAYS be something bigger and better on the horizon.  And your M3, (which I also own), IS one of the top 2 consumer drones on the market.  All youre getting out of the M3pro is the 3x optical zoom and a reworked 7x optical.  Youre LOSING the gimbal lock, however, not that its a worthy tradeoff but at least its SOMETHING you have.  You ALSO have a much more streamlined looking drone under the weight of EU restrictions.  That huge lens on the M3pro just doesn't fit the look of the drone.  Thats all aesthetics...  but its TRUE.  Don't sweat it, dude.  You have a TANK.
2023-5-11
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

OJsakila Posted at 5-11 16:23
calm down, Trigger.  There will ALWAYS be something bigger and better on the horizon.  And your M3, (which I also own), IS one of the top 2 consumer drones on the market.  All youre getting out of the M3pro is the 3x optical zoom and a reworked 7x optical.  Youre LOSING the gimbal lock, however, not that its a worthy tradeoff but at least its SOMETHING you have.  You ALSO have a much more streamlined looking drone under the weight of EU restrictions.  That huge lens on the M3pro just doesn't fit the look of the drone.  Thats all aesthetics...  but its TRUE.  Don't sweat it, dude.  You have a TANK.

What do you mean by gimbal lock?
2023-5-11
Use props
OJsakila
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Drey. I Posted at 5-11 16:27
What do you mean by gimbal lock?

I mean that on the Mavic 3 Pro and every other current Mavic EXCEPT for the Mavic 3, the camera just hangs and swings while off.  On the M3, the camera/gimbal lock into place and dont "freefall" and just hang there.
2023-5-11
Use props
Tom_765
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1111969 ft
  • >>>
United States

blindsided Posted at 5-10 22:11
no different to the new iPhones.. 14 or 15 now! I have M3  would love the ne Pro cam, but will wait for M4 or M5

BIG difference. Apple offers Trade In's.  
2023-5-11
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

just look to Samsung very year new flagship model releasing same price or even cheaper but better function so it is  industry trend
2023-5-12
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tom_765 Posted at 5-11 19:30

Thank you.
2023-5-12
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

OJsakila Posted at 5-11 16:43
I mean that on the Mavic 3 Pro and every other current Mavic EXCEPT for the Mavic 3, the camera just hangs and swings while off.  On the M3, the camera/gimbal lock into place and dont "freefall" and just hang there.

So the pro doesn’t have that feature?
2023-5-12
Use props
OJsakila
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Drey. I Posted at 5-12 05:29
So the pro doesn’t have that feature?

No, it does NOT
2023-5-12
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tom_765 Posted at 5-11 19:30

Apple certainly does offer trade ins, but you're getting about half what you would if you sold it on eBay or privately. It's not worth it unless you need a quick sale and willing to take a cut.
2023-5-14
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules