I’m REALLY mad Right now…..
4271 133 2023-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Why you want a drone that does exactly the same and falls in the C2 category instead of the C1?

The third optic would have been great if it was a 14x, the small sensors can't profesionally pair with the quality of the main one, so are just utility lenses for exploration and inspection. Digital 3x was good enough for that purpose, so the 3x optic is mostly useless.

Put a 14x or a thermal, and keep the weight at 899.99g, then would be a good improvement over my awesome M3 with it's C1 classification, that I can fly in A1 open category without any trouble.
2023-5-14
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 5-14 02:32
Apple certainly does offer trade ins, but you're getting about half what you would if you sold it on eBay or privately. It's not worth it unless you need a quick sale and willing to take a cut.

exactly what i've said about drones.  dji can do trade ins...but youre not going to like it.  trade-in prices will be crazy low compared to what you paid for it.  people will sell their new, barely used drones (because they never fly) on ebay and get $$$ and people will trade-in their worn out been in several crashes drones back to dji.  $50 for fpv, $100 for a mavic2, $150 for a air2s.
2023-5-14
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

That sucks a lot.
2023-5-14
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 5-14 03:51
Why you want a drone that does exactly the same and falls in the C2 category instead of the C1?

The third optic would have been great if it was a 14x, the small sensors can't profesionally pair with the quality of the main one, so are just utility lenses for exploration and inspection. Digital 3x was good enough for that purpose, so the 3x optic is mostly useless.

I’m in USA so c1 doesn’t affect me.
2023-5-14
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5183799 ft
  • >>>
United States

I asked Sales if they plan on releasing the Mavic 3 Pro separate from the combos (Drone only) - their answer was NO (at least not at this time). I don't need another DJI RC and more batteries. LOL
2023-5-17
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HD Pilot Posted at 5-17 15:00
I asked Sales if they plan on releasing the Mavic 3 Pro separate from the combos (Drone only) - their answer was NO (at least not at this time). I don't need another DJI RC and more batteries. LOL

sales isn't going to know; they only know what they have in front of them to sell.  ;)

just get creative, it's an easy problem to solve.  lots of good advice here.  you don't have to be left out of this because dji doesn't have a custom package for you.  but i bet b&h will have one soon, they always do their own packages regardless what dji offers (or not).
2023-5-17
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5183799 ft
  • >>>
United States

It looks like the Mavic 3 isn't an option to buy in the US any longer, too.
2023-5-17
Use props
Tom_765
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1111969 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mini 3 Pro has a drone only option.  Mavic 3 has a drone only option.  Mavic 3 Classic has a drone only option.  Avata has a drone only option.   FPV has a drone only option.  Air 2S has NO drone only option.  Mavic 3 PRO has NO drone only option. I would like to know what determines which drones will have a drone only option?  It wouldn't bother me so much, but I do not need, yet another controller.  I already have 2 DJI RC-N1's and a motion controller that are not being used.  
2023-5-27
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 5-14 03:51

The third optic would have been great if it was a 14x, the small sensors can't profesionally pair with the quality of the main one, so are just utility lenses for exploration and inspection. Digital 3x was good enough for that purpose, so the 3x optic is mostly useless.

That's exactly what I feel too...
But, we live here in Europe, and the situation with the C1 classification is very different...
If you're filming with 5.1 k, which is actually the highest resolution, then you can quickly switch to three times the magnification, just by turning the wheel.  
There are really only a few differences, if you look very closely, compared to a third camera that natively masters the "3x zoom"...!!!   
2023-5-27
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was happy to see it. I did wish they had sold it without a controller. I didn't need one but would have bought it alone or with the RCPro but didn't want to buy the combo as I didn't need another 2 batteries to add to my current set of 5. I ended up with the RC and then I bought the RC Pro. Something of a waste but now I have a Mav3 for backup to my Mav3 Pro and my Mini 3 Pro and my Mavic and Avata...and FPV....Looking forward to getting the Air 3 LOL (not really).
2023-5-28
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

digibud Posted at 5-28 09:53
I was happy to see it. I did wish they had sold it without a controller. I didn't need one but would have bought it alone or with the RCPro but didn't want to buy the combo as I didn't need another 2 batteries to add to my current set of 5. I ended up with the RC and then I bought the RC Pro. Something of a waste but now I have a Mav3 for backup to my Mav3 Pro and my Mini 3 Pro and my Mavic and Avata...and FPV....Looking forward to getting the Air 3 LOL (not really).

im going to agree with you on the mavic 3 batteries.  i have 6 because i'm used to having lots of batteries but under no circumstances can i fathom having to use or need that many.  having a hard time getting thru 2 or 3 per outing.  i guess hopefully in the long run, collectively they'll last longer.
2023-5-28
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic 3 crappy remote was the thing that mainly p**sed me off with the original M3, Mavic 3 Zoom coming next....
2023-5-28
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-28 10:26
im going to agree with you on the mavic 3 batteries.  i have 6 because i'm used to having lots of batteries but under no circumstances can i fathom having to use or need that many.  having a hard time getting thru 2 or 3 per outing.  i guess hopefully in the long run, collectively they'll last longer.

I can go through all of mine in a 9hr day of traveling around and filming. I always try to come back with around 20% to my filming time is 30-35min normally so I might be at one site for 2 or more batteries and then drive off to another while my first three batteries are charging. In between I may fly my Avata on some low lying area so it does become a cacophony of cords.
2023-5-28
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 4-28 06:30
DJI has to do something about it.
How dare they bring out new and improved products.

How dare they abuse us for many months while getting their job together. We early M3 buyers need a break. DJI has screwed us over very much and did not even buy us a dinner.
2023-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules