4334 133 2023-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI has threw dirt on all of the original mavic 3 owners.
Thrown dirt on all Mavic 3 owners??
The truth is far from that.

I'm a Mavic 3 owner and For years I've wanted/needed a short telephoto lens to get away from the extreme wideangle perspective that all other DJI drones have.
Now DJI have released exactly what I've been needing, and the price is less than I expected.

I've organised to sell my Mavic 3 for not much less than I paid for it and ordered a Mavic 3 pro.
I couldn't be happier.
There must be others who can make good use of the new drone.

DJI has to do something about it.  ..  we need this fixed.
What would you suggest?
Should DJI increase the price of the pro by $1000, or should they cancel the release and keep back all the Mavic 3 pros that people have ordered and hold them for a year. or until some time that you advise them to release them?

2023-4-30
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 4-29 19:11
Bad for the company?
It doesn't seem to be working out that way for them.

If they release everything at once then it’s bad for them.
2023-4-30
Use props
Mastoras
lvl.4
Flight distance : 558517 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got a new mavic 3, but a used trade up program towards new model can go a long way
2023-4-30
Use props
djiuser_exUBzWyCK4zv
New

United States

I understand that you're mad, but I also think it's a little irrational. We're talking about a piece of hardware, not software. DJI can't add the new camera system to your Mavic 3 with a firmware update. I suppose that one could argue that drone manufacturers should be designing drones to be hardware upgradeable, like a PC, but I don't see it being any more logical or profitable for them to do that any more than it would be for an automobile manufacturer. There are realities to face and one of them is that DJI doesn't owe you anything; I don't know what it is you expect then to "fix" as you didn't offer any suggestions. As a customer service supervisor for an international retailer, I suspect the only thing that would make you happy right now would be for DJI to offer you to send them your Mavic 3 and they'll replace it with the new Mavic 3 Pro. Which isn't very likely to happen. Your two best options are to go the DIY route and design, build and program your own drones from parts or, take that a step further and start your own drone design and manufacturing company. Then you can run it the way you want. I think you'd find that whatever you think DJI ought to do for you right now wouldn't fit in with whatever business model you think you'd put in place once you started hemorrhaging money.
2023-4-30
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_exUBzWyCK4zv Posted at 4-30 13:54
I understand that you're mad, but I also think it's a little irrational. We're talking about a piece of hardware, not software. DJI can't add the new camera system to your Mavic 3 with a firmware update. I suppose that one could argue that drone manufacturers should be designing drones to be hardware upgradeable, like a PC, but I don't see it being any more logical or profitable for them to do that any more than it would be for an automobile manufacturer. There are realities to face and one of them is that DJI doesn't owe you anything; I don't know what it is you expect then to "fix" as you didn't offer any suggestions. As a customer service supervisor for an international retailer, I suspect the only thing that would make you happy right now would be for DJI to offer you to send them your Mavic 3 and they'll replace it with the new Mavic 3 Pro. Which isn't very likely to happen. Your two best options are to go the DIY route and design, build and program your own drones from parts or, take that a step further and start your own drone design and manufacturing company. Then you can run it the way you want. I think you'd find that whatever you think DJI ought to do for you right now wouldn't fit in with whatever business model you think you'd put in place once you started hemorrhaging money.

Personally, I would only lose with such an exchange (Mavic 3 in Mavic 3 Pro)!  
Because the Mavic 3 has the C1 certification, I can fly it anywhere like a small (under 250g) drone!  
That would no longer be possible with the Mavic 3 Pro!     
2023-4-30
Use props
djiuser_MxFYDhr0bBct
New
Flight distance : 6562 ft

United States

If I could make a negative vote I would.  This is a ludicrous stance. Apple is making a bigger ipad pro, should I be mad my 12.[ isn't the largest ipad anymore?
2023-5-4
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_MxFYDhr0bBct Posted at 5-4 20:29
If I could make a negative vote I would.  This is a ludicrous stance. Apple is making a bigger ipad pro, should I be mad my 12.[ isn't the largest ipad anymore?

Please understand that DJI was suppose to release the best the middle and the cheapest mavic 3 at the same time. Therefore we would have a very good choice to select either drone.
2023-5-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Drey. I Posted at 5-5 05:55
Please understand that DJI was suppose to release the best the middle and the cheapest mavic 3 at the same time. Therefore we would have a very good choice to select either drone.

Please understand that DJI was suppose to release the best the middle and the cheapest mavic 3 at the same time.
I must have missed that memo.
Or is that from the Drey school of marketing strategy?

It's really hard to do that when the latest and greatest wasn't developed until more than a year of the the initial model.

2023-5-5
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 5-5 06:05
Please understand that DJI was suppose to release the best the middle and the cheapest mavic 3 at the same time.
I must have missed that memo.
Or is that from the Drey school of marketing strategy?

That’s how Apple does it if I recall correctly. If we are comparing. Apple released a iphone 14 pro, iphone 14, iphone 14 pro max and ecs. They released different varieties of the same models at once. That’s what DJI was supposed to do. Or at least not cal it a mavic 3 then.
2023-5-5
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5215715 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mastoras Posted at 4-30 13:10
I just got a new mavic 3, but a used trade up program towards new model can go a long way

I did ask DJI about that as well. They don't have a trade up.

So, where do their refurbs come from?, recycled drones from their refresh program?
2023-5-5
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Bro chill. When samsang listed the s20 ultra as their flag ship phone, I paid $1300 for it. Then a year later came the s21 ultra with same price tag. Lmao. There will always be a new drone/model better than the current one at about the same price.
2023-5-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Drey. I Posted at 5-5 06:49
That’s how Apple does it if I recall correctly. If we are comparing. Apple released a iphone 14 pro, iphone 14, iphone 14 pro max and ecs. They released different varieties of the same models at once. That’s what DJI was supposed to do. Or at least not cal it a mavic 3 then.

That’s how Apple does it if I recall correctly. If we are comparing. Apple released a iphone 14 pro, iphone 14, iphone 14 pro max and ecs. They released different varieties of the same models at once. That’s what DJI was supposed to do.

Well if Apple do it that way, I guess DJI should too.
Somehow they fouled up and didn't do what they were "supposed to".
Or ....
Could it possibly be that:
1.  They released the classic to satifsy market demand for for a cheaper, more basic Mavic 3 after the original was released.

2.  Their tech people continued working on the Mavic 3 design and improved it with a sophisticated 3-camera design that took time to develop properly?  

2023-5-5
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HD Pilot Posted at 5-5 06:59
I did ask DJI about that as well. They don't have a trade up.

So, where do their refurbs come from?, recycled drones from their refresh program?

Yes they come from the domes they fix.
2023-5-5
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 5-5 07:50
Bro chill. When samsang listed the s20 ultra as their flag ship phone, I paid $1300 for it. Then a year later came the s21 ultra with same price tag. Lmao. There will always be a new drone/model better than the current one at about the same price.

But Samsung didn’t call it a s20 when they released.
2023-5-5
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 5-5 07:57
That’s how Apple does it if I recall correctly. If we are comparing. Apple released a iphone 14 pro, iphone 14, iphone 14 pro max and ecs. They released different varieties of the same models at once. That’s what DJI was supposed to do.

Well if Apple do it that way, I guess DJI should too.

It supposed to be real eased at the same time so people can choose the correct drone for their needs.
2023-5-5
Use props
Mastoras
lvl.4
Flight distance : 558517 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe next time all Mavic 4s released together. Mavic 4 Classic, , Mavic 4, Mavic 4 Pro, Mavic Pro Cine, Mavic 4 Max Pro, Mavic 4 Max Pro Cine! Hehe
2023-5-5
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mastoras Posted at 5-5 09:05
Maybe next time all Mavic 4s released together. Mavic 4 Classic, , Mavic 4, Mavic 4 Pro, Mavic Pro Cine, Mavic 4 Max Pro, Mavic 4 Max Pro Cine! Hehe

That would be great.
2023-5-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Drey. I Posted at 5-5 08:52
It supposed to be real eased at the same time so people can choose the correct drone for their needs.

DJI can release anything they want at any time and call it whatever they like.
Just give up with the silly "it's supposed to be"  nonsense.
2023-5-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mastoras Posted at 5-5 09:05

they can do that but are you willing to wait another extra 10 to 18 months to get them "all at the same time" rather than "when they are actually ready?"

if we run short on cine hd, we should hold up the launch of all the other skus until we get everything we need?

if we have a bug with focus on camera #3 we should wait until we fix it before we launch the single and dual cameras?
2023-5-5
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-5 10:45
they can do that but are you willing to wait another extra 10 to 18 months to get them "all at the same time" rather than "when they are actually ready?"

if we run short on cine hd, we should hold up the launch of all the other skus until we get everything we need?

Would you rather get a beta version of the mavic 3 (like we did) or get a fully developed version?
2023-5-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Drey. I Posted at 5-5 15:18
Would you rather get a beta version of the mavic 3 (like we did) or get a fully developed version?

i prefer the 80/20 rule.  that's a topic for another discussion.  there's no such thing as a fully developed version.
2023-5-5
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

"I’m REALLY mad Right now….."

Oh, look.. the new Mavic 4....    Is that a Mavic 5??  

I could go on forever, but I'm sure you get the gist of it...
2023-5-5
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-5 15:20
i prefer the 80/20 rule.  that's a topic for another discussion.  there's no such thing as a fully developed version.

But the mavic 3 had practically nothing except normal filming mode.
2023-5-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Drey. I Posted at 5-6 13:55
But the mavic 3 had practically nothing except normal filming mode.

apparently that was enough to get people to buy them.  im not claiming the mavic 3 launch was perfect but it wasn't a beta either.
2023-5-6
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-6 14:09
apparently that was enough to get people to buy them.  im not claiming the mavic 3 launch was perfect but it wasn't a beta either.

It was one of the  worst releases in DJI history
2023-5-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Drey. I Posted at 5-7 15:09
It was one of the  worst releases in DJI history

The release was fine and plenty of people bought the drone and were happy with them.
DJI made it clear that some of the (less important) features weren't ready in time and would be delivered in a firmware update soon after.
But DJI also tweaked something in a firmware update that caused serious issues in the GPS acquisition times and that took months to fix.
That was the problem with the Mavic 3, not the product  release.
2023-5-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

It was one of the  worst releases in DJI history

And yet we are all here flying one...
2023-5-7
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

It was definitely a rough launch, but the Mavic 3 Cine has proven to be a great drone!  I initially did not appreciate the missing features and having to wait.  Then the slow GPS TTFF issues really nagged at me.  I am still annoyed at their consumer SDK strategy but have hope that if they can enable the Mini 3 Pro with a SDK that the Mavic 3 won't be forever absent.

It is a great drone!  Flight time is amazing, and the Fly app has now added many of the missing things that cause me some grief.  I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a Mavic 3 Pro Cine, but I am going to keep the Mavic 3 Cine as a backup.  It is a very fun and capable drone and has flown plenty of paid jobs to make it worthwhile for me.
2023-5-7
Use props
Tom_765
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1111969 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 5-7 15:35
The release was fine and plenty of people bought the drone and were happy with them.
DJI made it clear that some of the (less important) features weren't ready in time and would be delivered in a firmware update soon after.
But DJI also tweaked something in a firmware update that caused serious issues in the GPS acquisition times and that took months to fix.

I really don't believe the issue is the drone its self.  I love my Mavic 3.  However, we were made to believe the Mavic 3 WAS the flagship (PRO) drone.  And people bought, including myself, the RC Pro Controller, batteries, propellers, etc.. AND then come out with a Mavic 3 PRO with NO plans to sell a drone only option and charging the same amount for what, we know now, a NON pro version for a actual PRO version isn't sitting well with people.  
2023-5-7
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Labroides Posted at 4-29 19:11
Bad for the company?
It doesn't seem to be working out that way for them.

My goodness, you do know how to rile people up.

But I agree 100% with you a complete misunderstanding of how to run a business in this thread.

Yes, all customers want to be treated as the number 1 customer and want the company to run to their agenda they also want the products free and be upgradable from the first release of anything to the latest version.

There are suggestions here that are laughable.

But what would I know. I'm just the CEO of an Aviation Company that sells consumer, commercial and Military drones / UAVs. If any of you in Oz missed my booth at Avalon Airport in Victoria earlier this year then, come see me in Paris in June I have an ever bigger booth there.

But I must admit we all have a personal budget that we must adhere to. I have the Mavic 3 Cine, and just purchased the Mavic 3 Pro. Not the Cine version. I could not justify the additional expense.
2023-5-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Tom_765 Posted at 5-7 16:58
I really don't believe the issue is the drone its self.  I love my Mavic 3.  However, we were made to believe the Mavic 3 WAS the flagship (PRO) drone.  And people bought, including myself, the RC Pro Controller, batteries, propellers, etc.. AND then come out with a Mavic 3 PRO with NO plans to sell a drone only option and charging the same amount for what, we know now, a NON pro version for a actual PRO version isn't sitting well with people.

However, we were made to believe the Mavic 3 WAS the flagship (PRO) drone.
And it was ... but that's past tense.
Now there's a new updated Mavic 3 flagship.
It's not hard to understand if you step out into the real grown up world.

And people bought, including myself, the RC Pro Controller, batteries, propellers, etc.. AND then come out with a Mavic 3 PRO with NO plans to sell a drone only option and charging the same amount for what, we know now, a NON pro version for a actual PRO version isn't sitting well with people.
Well that's just too bad.
If you want/need what the new model offers, go and buy it.
You can sell your old one and recoup a good amount towards the new one.
If you don't need the new one, then stay with what you've got, it's still a good drone.

Wouldn't the world be a terrible place if car makers, camera makers, computer makers, released newer, better models from time to time.
And even worse it the prices for the new models were quite reasonable.
Just imagine how bad that would be!

This idea that it's so terrible that DJI released an updated version of one of their drones is retarded nonsense.
In 24 hrs, I'll have sold my mavic 3 and taken posession of my new Mavic 3 pro and be flying it and shooting lovely images.

2023-5-7
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tom_765 Posted at 5-7 16:58

I think if you go back to most dji drones you will see improved versions, MINI comes to mind as well as P4, P4P, P4PV etc etc.
I was expecting an improved version of the Mavic 3, I didn’t expect it to be such good value that was a bonus. But I have had great use from the M3 and after 18 months got what I consider a great price for it, but it was in great condition and is a great drone.

I distinctly remember buying the brand new Phantom 4 in March 2016 , 9 months later they released the P4P with huge improvements and it was because of this I bought the P4P. The market is consumer driven because no matter how they market their products there will always seem to be consumers for them. It’s tough when you buy something and the next version is released shortly after, but its swings and roundabouts it will come around again.
2023-5-8
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TonyPHX Posted at 5-7 16:54
It was definitely a rough launch, but the Mavic 3 Cine has proven to be a great drone!  I initially did not appreciate the missing features and having to wait.  Then the slow GPS TTFF issues really nagged at me.  I am still annoyed at their consumer SDK strategy but have hope that if they can enable the Mini 3 Pro with a SDK that the Mavic 3 won't be forever absent.

It is a great drone!  Flight time is amazing, and the Fly app has now added many of the missing things that cause me some grief.  I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a Mavic 3 Pro Cine, but I am going to keep the Mavic 3 Cine as a backup.  It is a very fun and capable drone and has flown plenty of paid jobs to make it worthwhile for me.

Maybe SDK was held up because they still hadn’t finished the Mavic 3s in full. If the pro is the last one maybe we will see it released ‘who knows”
Mavic 3 is a great drone and Mavic 3 pro offers really good value thats why I pulled the trigger.
2023-5-8
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

It was one of the  worst releases in DJI history

Nah Mavic pro 1 was the worst release. Mavic 3 had only one real problem and that was GPS acquisition and people completely lost their heads about that, and on this forum if you get a chance to whine you do it in spades and many here did . But like everything else it got sorted and the sky didn’t fall in.

But don’t be worrying about whining about DJIs decision to put new improved releases out quickly. Many of those ridiculing you here were the same people who were constantly telling others that dji would never fix the problems with Mavic 3 “IE acquisition “ completely losing their heads like it was a life and death situation, now they’re all fur coat and no knickers ;+)
2023-5-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 5-8 09:32
Nah Mavic pro 1 was the worst release. Mavic 3 had only one real problem and that was GPS acquisition and people completely lost their heads about that, and on this forum if you get a chance to whine you do it in spades and many here did . But like everything else it got sorted and the sky didn’t fall in.

But don’t be worrying about whining about DJIs decision to put new improved releases out quickly. Many of those ridiculing you here were the same people who were constantly telling others that dji would never fix the problems with Mavic 3 “IE acquisition “ completely losing their heads like it was a life and death situation, now they’re all fur coat and no knickers ;+)

"all fur coat and no knickers" wow, that's a new one for me; had never heard it put this way!
2023-5-8
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

Technology evolves, todays flagship won't be tomorrows flagship.
I welcome you to buy a Bates 4000 ...
2023-5-8
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

gulfpre Posted at 5-8 10:24
Technology evolves, todays flagship won't be tomorrows flagship.
I welcome you to buy a Bates 4000 ...

And in case you didn't get the reference....

2023-5-8
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 5-8 09:17
Maybe SDK was held up because they still hadn’t finished the Mavic 3s in full. If the pro is the last one maybe we will see it released ‘who knows”
Mavic 3 is a great drone and Mavic 3 pro offers really good value thats why I pulled the trigger.

I imagine it is going to improve my photography.  : ). But even if it does not, it will be fun to have a fresh drone again.
2023-5-8
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 5-8 09:32
Nah Mavic pro 1 was the worst release. Mavic 3 had only one real problem and that was GPS acquisition and people completely lost their heads about that, and on this forum if you get a chance to whine you do it in spades and many here did . But like everything else it got sorted and the sky didn’t fall in.

I do still wish they would go back and allow us to do vision calibration on Mavic 3 from Assistant 2.  I wonder if they just forgot to get around to that?
2023-5-8
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5215715 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drey. I Posted at 5-5 08:50
Yes they come from the domes they fix.

Thank you for that info
2023-5-8
Use props