transmitter icon RTH not woking now
468 10 2023-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JR82
lvl.1
United States

When clicking the transmitter icon for a RTH all worked ok. However, on last outting it stopped working. What am I missing or has DGI changed something?
2023-4-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What am I missing or has DGI changed something?
DJI haven't changed anything.
The transmitter icon has never initiated RTH.
Try the H in a circle with the arrow pointing to it.
You'll find it in the centre of the left margin of the screen.
2023-4-28
Use props
JR82
lvl.1
United States

Perhaps I did not word that well. When I want the RTH to go to the location of the controller I would press the tranmitrer icon and then I would initiate that RTH when ready. However, now when I press that icon I get an error message. Never has happen before so am wondering if I changed someting. I ttried it under a couple locations. It is was simply a convenient way of setting a new how point rather than draggbg icons around.
2023-4-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Post the error message. Perhaps that will shed some light on the situation, or post a video of what you are doing and what is happening.
2023-4-28
Use props
JR82
lvl.1
United States

I went outside to fly drone and repeat the issue so as to get a copy of the error message. And of course now all is working.  Pressing the transmitter icon now works to establish new home point. I have no idea why it was not working before.  I guess the stars are aligning good now.
Thanks for the response folks. All good here.
Regards,
2023-4-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Where were you when you previously tried?
If you replay the troubled flight in the profile section of the app you might see the message.
2023-4-28
Use props
JR82
lvl.1
United States

I was in a steep canyon. All else  was working good but the transmitter icon for returning to the controller was not lighing up when pressed. (I had to use other method to return to home)
I got the same  resonse when trying in my yard with drone very close. But after posting and retrying, everyting worked fine. I have no idea what happened to have it work again.

I will study more and if the message comes up again, I will copy and post. I just dont recall exactly what it said other than somethig to do with gps?
2023-4-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

In order for the controller to be set as Home Point, it has to have good GPS lock.
2023-4-28
Use props
JR82
lvl.1
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 4-28 11:08
In order for the controller to be set as Home Point, it has to have good GPS lock.

I agree and that is what probably happened during the issue flight.
Fortunately, the last know position gave us coords that we marked on google maps and were able to find it then agter a tough hike in the hills. Ha..
2023-4-28
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

When you open the map to choose homepoint, you can also tap the map to set a specific location.
2023-4-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JR82 Posted at 4-28 10:38
I was in a steep canyon. All else  was working good but the transmitter icon for returning to the controller was not lighing up when pressed. (I had to use other method to return to home)
I got the same  resonse when trying in my yard with drone very close. But after posting and retrying, everyting worked fine. I have no idea what happened to have it work again.

I was in a steep canyon. All else  was working good but the transmitter icon for returning to the controller was not lighing up when pressed
You need to have good GPS reception for the controller if you want to reset the home point to the location of the controller (that's the correct terminology).
If you are in a spot where hth controller doesn't have good GPS reception like you were, you can't use that feature.
2023-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules