2996 10 2023-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the Goggle 2 and the motion controller 2 but cannot pair them with my Mavic 3. Must I unbind my current RC-N1 before being able to do so? I would like to occasionally use the Motion controller and RC-N1 but it would be quite inconvenient to have to go through the menus and unbind/rebind the controllers. Can anyone walk me through the process of getting the Mavic3 to work with the Goggles 2 and Motion Controller 2?
2023-4-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience. Here are the steps for linking the DJI Mavic 3 to the DJI Goggles 2 and the DJI RC Motion 2:
1. Power on the aircraft, the goggles, and DJI RC Motion 2 separately. Press the Power Button once, and then press and hold the button for two seconds to power on or off the device.
2. Press the Link Button of the goggles, and the goggles send out short beeps.
3. Press and hold the Power Button of the aircraft until the Battery Level LEDs blink in the cycle.
4. After linking is successful, the Battery Level LEDs of the aircraft are solid on, the goggles stop beeping, and the image transmission screen is displayed.
5. Press and hold the Power Button of the aircraft until the Battery Level LEDs blink in a cycle.
6. Press and hold the Power Button of DJI RC Motion 2 until it beeps and the Battery Level LEDs blink in a cycle.
7. After linking is successful, the Battery Level LEDs of both aircraft and DJI RC Motion 2 are solid, indicating the battery level, and DJI RC Motion 2 stops beeping.
Regarding the binding process, yes, you must unbind the standard remote controller first then bind the goggles (goggles can be regarded as a remote controller). If the aircraft is used with an unbound device, the flight times are also limited to five. To change the bound device, please connect the goggles to the mobile phone, and change the bound device, bind a new device, or manually unbind the bound device in DJI Fly by going into Profile>Device Management>Value-Added-Service>Unbind RC/Bind New RC. We hope this helps. Please reach us back should you have other concerns.
2023-4-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do you have sideways and reverse travel with the motion controller and a 'normal' drone?
2023-4-29
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-29 02:08
Do you have sideways and reverse travel with the motion controller and a 'normal' drone?

After I have a chance to successfully link them I'll let you know....
2023-4-29
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 403133 ft
United States

sideways and backwards can only work with the newer motion2  controller but that is what they are binding so I would bet YES - sideways and backwards will work.

I would like to try that motion2 out for sure as I got stuck with the motion 1 (Useless) and the newer design seems much better. Not sure why I would ever want it but hey, to each their own,

But for what I do the 2 sticks are the only way to fly - precision is the name of the game, and I have 14 aircraft and they all fly the same way - mode 2 - 2 sticks. :-)

Can't do a Split-S with a motion controller

I wish I could hook my goggles up to my mini 2 - for me that would be nice.
2023-4-29
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Yes, works with Motion 2 and Integra.
Signal in CE is extremely poor, especially when the drone starts to rotate at 300m away, is a high drop in signal.
We are waiting for an FCC option for Europe, maybe DJI can incorporate a Manual FCC switch even in CE, using our own responsibility as in NFZ zones.
In this way, they will keep CE logo and also CE approvals, but we can activate FCC in CE zones on our own responsibility if situation requires it.
Situations that have this:
- Working with the drone in high polluted EM areas for mapping
- Search and rescue parties in areas with difficult ground (forests)
In this types of areas an FCC enabled by us on our own will do the trick...Also we can apply for FCC transmission in this occasions at Telecommunications Ministry and they will grant it without any problems.
2023-5-2
Use props
Tosch_quad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33944 ft
Netherlands

When flying the Mavic 3 with goggles 2 and motion controller 2, there is no option to change the gimball from FPV mode to follow mode?
2023-5-9
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tosch_quad Posted at 5-9 08:00
When flying the Mavic 3 with goggles 2 and motion controller 2, there is no option to change the gimball from FPV mode to follow mode?

I think that is the case.  There are several limitations when using the goggles in FPV mode. I’ve only done it once or twice and don’t recall being able to switch to 7x tele and I don’t think that cine mode is available but I’m not sure about any of that.
2023-5-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Tosch_quad Posted at 5-9 08:00

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this with our designated team for clarification. We will keep you posted. Thank you.
2023-5-25
Use props
harryschautsichum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 546788 ft
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-25 17:03
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this with our designated team for clarification. We will keep you posted. Thank you.

I have the same problem. In every review of the mini 3 pro and the goggles 2 there ist the option to switch between FPV and Follow-Mode, but when flying the Mavic 3 with the goggles 2 that option is missing in the settings.
2023-9-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

harryschautsichum Posted at 9-11 03:22
I have the same problem. In every review of the mini 3 pro and the goggles 2 there ist the option to switch between FPV and Follow-Mode, but when flying the Mavic 3 with the goggles 2 that option is missing in the settings.

Thank you for your response. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward this to our relevant team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules