Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just a lovely start to the day.

Sunny,  still and slow rising tide,  what more could you want.

Taken with Mini 3 Pro.

[See My Other Content...]

2023-4-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2023-4-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2023-4-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Promise of a lovely day.
2023-4-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-29 01:23
Promise of a lovely day.

It certainly has turned out nice,   done a load of jobs at the MIL and now Im looking for inspiration,   my IR shots on route were nothing to write in about.
2023-4-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-29 02:32
It certainly has turned out nice,   done a load of jobs at the MIL and now Im looking for inspiration,   my IR shots on route were nothing to write in about.

Ashamed to say i haven't moved from the settee all morning
2023-4-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Magnificent shot!  No doubt a wonderful start to the day.  
2023-4-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

With a bright day like this you need a ND filter for sure.  
2023-4-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-29 02:57
Magnificent shot!  No doubt a wonderful start to the day.

It's on 14c but it has turned into a perfect day.     Did a few IR shots but I fear they were not up to standard.  
What do you thnk?

IMG_1596-20230429.jpg
2023-4-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-29 02:58
With a bright day like this you need a ND filter for sure.

Yes and that was 6am in the morning.    If Mini 4 is not happening this year perhaps I will pull the trigger and get something soon.    Id really like a VND.
2023-4-29
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Both very good shots and great framing.
2023-4-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 4-29 06:18
Both very good shots and great framing.

thank you Depp.   
2023-4-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-29 02:38
Ashamed to say i haven't moved from the settee all morning

Ended up having a very productive day,   another early flight this morning as its bright and still again.   Then an early hospital appointment and then onto a different bluebell woods.
2023-4-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-29 22:40
Ended up having a very productive day,   another early flight this morning as its bright and still again.   Then an early hospital appointment and then onto a different bluebell woods.

I'm just gearing up for an excursion, before it starts raining.
2023-4-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-29 22:53
I'm just gearing up for an excursion, before it starts raining.

Im just about to head out too,   dont want to be late and Its a hospital we dont normally go to, so it could be interesting finding where we are going.
2023-4-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-29 22:54
Im just about to head out too,   dont want to be late and Its a hospital we dont normally go to, so it could be interesting finding where we are going.

Hope all goes well
2023-4-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well we got awful traffic getting there due to the a queue for a local boot sale snaring up the road,   got there in time and checked in.   Only to wait for 50 minutes to be told the Dr was missing and they had to cancel all the appointments.     So not only did we have to wind ourselves up for it as you do but then had to pay £3 for the privilege.
2023-4-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-30 01:25
Well we got awful traffic getting there due to the a queue for a local boot sale snaring up the road,   got there in time and checked in.   Only to wait for 50 minutes to be told the Dr was missing and they had to cancel all the appointments.     So not only did we have to wind ourselves up for it as you do but then had to pay £3 for the privilege.

Don't you just love British efficiency. What a joke,
2023-4-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 4-30 02:06
Don't you just love British efficiency. What a joke,

Yes.   We were not amused for sure.     And the traffic out there is proper Sunday drivers.
2023-4-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-29 03:08
It's on 14c but it has turned into a perfect day.     Did a few IR shots but I fear they were not up to standard.  
What do you thnk?

I think you are a bit hard on yourself as that IR shot is impressive.  Sometimes we are our own worse critics, especially when somebody leans toward perfection in everything.  
2023-4-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-29 03:11
Yes and that was 6am in the morning.    If Mini 4 is not happening this year perhaps I will pull the trigger and get something soon.    Id really like a VND.

No doubt a VND would come in handy for sure, especially with bright summer days coming for you soon.
2023-4-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-30 02:51
No doubt a VND would come in handy for sure, especially with bright summer days coming for you soon.

Im struggling to find them here,   only the VNDXMIST seems available and Im not sure I want that.
2023-4-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-30 02:51
I think you are a bit hard on yourself as that IR shot is impressive.  Sometimes we are our own worse critics, especially when somebody leans toward perfection in everything.

thanks,   Im planning on taking it out for another go today.   
2023-4-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-30 23:58
Im struggling to find them here,   only the VNDXMIST seems available and Im not sure I want that.

Speaking of accessories - guess what showed up today?  UPS finally delivered by replacement RC.  Not sure if I'll just leave it in the unopened box or go ahead and open it and update the firmware.  It is a back-up and will probably get sold or given to somebody.  
2023-5-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-30 23:59
thanks,   Im planning on taking it out for another go today.

You're welcome.  That sounds like a great plan.  
2023-5-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-1 12:45
Speaking of accessories - guess what showed up today?  UPS finally delivered by replacement RC.  Not sure if I'll just leave it in the unopened box or go ahead and open it and update the firmware.  It is a back-up and will probably get sold or given to somebody.

Id be tempted to test it out just to be sure it's a good one.
2023-5-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-1 12:50
You're welcome.  That sounds like a great plan.

Sadly the sky clouded over and that affects my style of these IR shots,  but I did try again yesterday.
2023-5-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-1 23:23
Id be tempted to test it out just to be sure it's a good one.

Good point.  I did open the box and try to update the firmware but it failed using wifi so I had to update it using DJI Assistant 2.  It's back in the box now.  
2023-5-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-1 23:24
Sadly the sky clouded over and that affects my style of these IR shots,  but I did try again yesterday.

Dang, that a shame.  Oh well, possibly another day then.
2023-5-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-2 11:50
Good point.  I did open the box and try to update the firmware but it failed using wifi so I had to update it using DJI Assistant 2.  It's back in the box now.

Lots of people are complaining about the updates failing,   mine failed on wifi,  failed on the assistant and then worked on wifi on the last try.
2023-5-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-2 11:51
Dang, that a shame.  Oh well, possibly another day then.

Yes.  We get very few days where I can get the shots I imagine,  I need to find a new style I think.  
2023-5-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-2 23:39
Lots of people are complaining about the updates failing,   mine failed on wifi,  failed on the assistant and then worked on wifi on the last try.

I just wrote it off as server overload.  That probably wasn't the issue but is the excuse I'm using besides it is updated now so no more worries until next FW update.
2023-5-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-3 00:08
Yes.  We get very few days where I can get the shots I imagine,  I need to find a new style I think.

No, you just need better weather.  
2023-5-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-3 02:58
No, you just need better weather.

I was just looking at the 10 forecast and 7 of those days show rain at the moment so its all hands on deck to finish the outside project before that comes,  today I have a new planter to build and swap out,    2.3m x .4m
2023-5-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-3 23:34
I was just looking at the 10 forecast and 7 of those days show rain at the moment so its all hands on deck to finish the outside project before that comes,  today I have a new planter to build and swap out,    2.3m x .4m

That's not good odds to get a lot of flying in.  Guess you'll have to put the new planter build into high gear and knock it out.  Starting today I'll be diving under my boat to get rid of the marine life that has accumulated.  Rain is forecast here for this afternoon but that will not interfere with the bottom of the boat cleaning.  Hopefully, I'll get a flight in but if not at least tomorrow's weather forecast looks good.
2023-5-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-4 03:01
That's not good odds to get a lot of flying in.  Guess you'll have to put the new planter build into high gear and knock it out.  Starting today I'll be diving under my boat to get rid of the marine life that has accumulated.  Rain is forecast here for this afternoon but that will not interfere with the bottom of the boat cleaning.  Hopefully, I'll get a flight in but if not at least tomorrow's weather forecast looks good.

I got the planter made and oiled,   it just needs lining now.    Took a run down for hide tide but the wind was crazy so I gave up.   Today is a lot of shopping and by the time I finish it should be raining so I made the point to fly a couple of batteries early.

Watch out for those manatee.  They may come and say hi if you have a lot to clean off that boat.  
2023-5-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-4 23:18
I got the planter made and oiled,   it just needs lining now.    Took a run down for hide tide but the wind was crazy so I gave up.   Today is a lot of shopping and by the time I finish it should be raining so I made the point to fly a couple of batteries early.

Watch out for those manatee.  They may come and say hi if you have a lot to clean off that boat.

Great job on the planter.  I made good headway on the cleaning project.  I used 3 of my 4 tanks of air so I'm making a run over to the dive shop this morning to fill up all the tanks so I can finish the cleaning project today.  Surprisingly, it wasn't as encrusted as what I'd expected.  
2023-5-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-5 02:44
Great job on the planter.  I made good headway on the cleaning project.  I used 3 of my 4 tanks of air so I'm making a run over to the dive shop this morning to fill up all the tanks so I can finish the cleaning project today.  Surprisingly, it wasn't as encrusted as what I'd expected.

Is it not worth getting a pump for the air instread of the tanks,  I saw that was a thing on odd life crafting YouTube channel.
2023-5-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 00:23
Is it not worth getting a pump for the air instread of the tanks,  I saw that was a thing on odd life crafting YouTube channel.

I considered that but I wouldn't use the pump often enough to make the investment pay off.  Air for tanks is relatively cheap and filling them at a certified dive shop ensures the air meets all safety standards.  
2023-5-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice captures!
2023-5-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced